• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 25, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #6,871 of 7,693
Mine too also slows to a crawl. Once connected, I've tried to enter the settings menu or one of my music apps (UAPP) and I start getting apps force-closing. Definitely something odd going on here, especially since I have no issues with non-OEM dongles (including the Hidizs sonata USB C to 3.5mm DAC) which makes me think this is a Mobius problem. I have a Mediapad M5 that uses USB C audio as well, but the dongle is simply analog/no DAC inside so completely different than the Pixels or Essential phone. Will check if Mobius will work with the m5.

I've tried rebooting my phone w Mobius connected via C. The apps that recognize the USB audio input pop up, but I get no audio from the headphones at all, nor do I get the headphone icon on status bar. Bah.

My Google Play Music tries to play a song and then restarts itself after 1 second and gets stuck in a loop. All the while with zero sound coming through the Mobius.

Sep 25, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #6,874 of 7,693
Have you found the quality improves over usb? I'm not having great quality regardless of connection, it seems the mic amp is the weak link and afterthought.
Yes, the difference for me is considerable. Going from mono "in a tunnel" to stereo and acceptable quality.

Sep 25, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #6,878 of 7,693
Anyone still waiting for their headphones after receiving tracking 2.5 weeks ago ? Tracking hasn't updated since the 12th when the flight landed in the UK. Starting to think they're lost..
Mine came in on the same flight. Last tracking is 12/09/18 LHR Flight has landed on SFC tracking. Royal mail haven't got them in the system their end yet. I think they must be stuck at customs for now.

Sep 25, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #6,879 of 7,693
PS4 via USB (or 3.5mm jack-to-controller)

So, is it some kind of licensing thing that causes the Mobius not to be absolutely compatible w/ PS4 via USB?

2-channel only is a serious drawback. I assume it's the same with Xbox.

Attaching Mobius to the PS4 controller using the 3.5mm jack, well... it seems like the dirtiest way to get sound from your PS4. I notice the mic wheel button only gives me the option of turning hi-res on or off, so 7.1 channel audio is totally out of the question when using a console, is that correct?

Am I correct in assuming that's the deal because it's an aftermarket headphone kit, and that Sony and/or Microsoft would require some kind of special license deal to make it an "official" product, thereby compatible with all its bells-and-whistles?

If that's the case... it's worst kind of crony capitalism! Can't Trump do something about this? /s

Sep 25, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #6,880 of 7,693
Is it possible to turn off the bluetooth connection without turning the headphones off? So i'm only using the wired connection.

It seems to me that the headphones want to default to Bluetooth. Mine automatically connects to my phone and will playback my phone's audio where no other connection is present. If I'm hard wired via USB audio only comes in through the wire, it ignores any phone audio. But, it does maintain the Bluetooth connection to my phone, even while playing back USB.

I'm not sure what's up with that. It just keeps on Bluetoothin' even when I'm not using it and Mobius is busy doing something else. Not sure why it maintains that BT connection, but it doesn't seem to effect the audio coming in from USB, I still have access to all the possible audio modes available to the inbound USB connection, 7.1/hi-res etc.

I don't know if that helps or provides any useful info. But that's my story.

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #6,881 of 7,693
Yeah I ordered back in May and still shuffling through my inbox and spam.

Yeah, isn't it fun to search through email every day to see if there's a tracking number? And these Audeze can't be bothered to save thousands of customers the trouble of doing it by having the emails come to them and resending it from their site. Or explaining to their service the problem to have the service change their sending address. It would take all of five minutes but they're too busy smoking their .... cigars.

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #6,882 of 7,693
I've begun to notice how planar headphones sound more digital, and less analog, than other headphones. Analytical without much fullness to the sound, comparecd to Grados or Sennheisers. I'm gonna start writing about that all over the internet.

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #6,883 of 7,693
Its been over 2 weeks since they shipped to the 3pl. I really want my headphones, and I really wish I could cancel my order, and get them off ebay, it would have been cheaper and faster. But I pre-ordered and try to be supportive........ I dunno, I am just really frustrated...... It feels like the like the full retail people really got the short end of the stick. Had to pay more and wait more,

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #6,884 of 7,693
Yeah, isn't it fun to search through email every day to see if there's a tracking number? And these Audeze can't be bothered to save thousands of customers the trouble of doing it by having the emails come to them and resending it from their site. Or explaining to their service the problem to have the service change their sending address. It would take all of five minutes but they're too busy smoking their .... cigars.

Well funny enough I got an easy fix on an incorrect address for the headphone stand and shipping notice from Audeze. Their site still doesn't say it shipped but it did. Now if the headsets are going to Hong Kong and then to the US. Then I don't know how tensions between the US and China in importing is affecting us but i don't know. I'm not an expert.

Sep 26, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #6,885 of 7,693
@Audeze Online retailers are saying they will have these in stock this Friday. I ordered direct from audeze over 3 months ago and still have no shipping communication. Is it possible to cancel my order and get a refund, so I can just order from an online retailer and get it shipped from them? If so, how do I do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back