• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 20, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #6,736 of 7,693
Why the headset reset to default settings every time it shuts off?
i only want it in Hi-Res mode with Flat preset, its annoying to cycle through the modes all the time.

yeah its annoying to cycle through every time

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #6,737 of 7,693
Finally got mine yesterday. Very early backer but didn't do the referral program so I guess I was bumped to the end of the queue. #8xx. I have audible hiss in every mode that I've tried via USB. Very disappointed in the hiss. I like the sound other than that. Movie tests in 7.1 were pretty good once I got things configured in MacOS.

So I'm not the only one with persistent hiss in all modes. Sure wish Audeze would respond to these concerns. 3 posts here, 1 on IGG, and an email to them directly. Complete silence - unlike my headphones

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #6,738 of 7,693
Can't believe mine still haven't made the trip from Shenzhen to Shanghai after a week, with no update on SFC website. May have to get the missus to give SFC a call. They won't enjoy that at all...

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #6,739 of 7,693
Audeze has not shipped anything outside of backers yet. They recently sent an email saying they were shipping to those who bought from Audeze directly but this has not happened yet so I would imagine retailers won’t have them until the second week of October for those outside of the US. I say this because I bought directly from Audeze the week after the campaign ended for crowd funding and still have no movement. As we end out the week with what we know about Audeze and their limited manufacturing numbers I can’t help but feel confident in my statement. You have to remember that Audeze is still a young company despite the rave reviews for the original LCD-2 and they do not mass produce nor have the resources that the competitors have from years and years of sales and name making. Check out their history and think of them in the same way you would think of Toxic cables in the UK(14 weeks turn around time for a cable that starts off at 105 I think) with more time under their belt and now more resources.

The other side is that the reviews are showing as positive for first time toe steppers in the audiophile pool and those in the gaming sets pool while even the long time audiophiles have but small gripes for the price. To me this is worth it for gaming but yet to be seen for a portable option. If Audeze would ever sell the EL-8T or a version like it again I might still use the Mobius for gaming and have a portable Audeze headphone, until then I guess the oppo PM-3 will have to do for portability.
I communicated with audeze yesterday. They said All direct buys have been sent to the 3PL and should begin shipping this week but cannot say how long the shipping process should take.

Sep 20, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #6,740 of 7,693
another annoying issue:
the headset turns itself off after a while, even when connected to the PC.
then i need to turn it on again, and its back to default settings..
these headphones are such a headache.

also, i dont know whats better for the battery life, keeping the headset always at 100% charge or 0% ?
they gets warm when they are connected via USB but i want it to be connected to the PC at all times as its the only device im using it with right now.

Sep 20, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #6,741 of 7,693
another annoying issue:
the headset turns itself off after a while, even when connected to the PC.
then i need to turn it on again, and its back to default settings..
these headphones are such a headache.

also, i dont know whats better for the battery life, keeping the headset always at 100% charge or 0% ?
they gets warm when they are connected via USB but i want it to be connected to the PC at all times as its the only device im using it with right now.
Ive never had mine turn off on me connected to the PC, that just isn't practical.

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #6,744 of 7,693
Just got mine this week. Been really enjoying them so far...music on HiRes on USB is superb and miles ahead of any gaming headphones out there. Not a surprise really since these are Audeze Planar after all...to give you guys some perspective, haven't used my HD800s once since I got these. Granted, it's still in the newness period but for 90% what I need, these will check most of the boxes. HD800s is still better from a audiophile perspective but if you want one to conquer all or most, can't go wrong with Mobius. One thing for sure, with these now, I think I will be putting up my Oppo PM-3 for sale, I just can't see myself using the PM-3 anytime soon.

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #6,745 of 7,693
Just got those headphones ... really great sound. However, I'm sharing the same issues as everyone else here ... it's really annoying to turn off 3d sound ( sounds much better with 3d sound off ) every single time, and also - I do hear the hiss too :frowning2: I got those to replace my QC35 as a "higher quality" headphones, but I really hope there's a firmware update that fixes those two things. Then they will be perfect.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #6,747 of 7,693
DHL tracking updated to say my shipment was delayed, but it also said it was tendered to USPS 3 days ago... USPS tracking still says on its way to USPS. I have a feeling DHL has it sitting in a warehouse somewhere and is just being a jerk. I know its probably too soon to start contacting around for a replacement or to find out whats going on with the shipment, but the tracking seems unreliable, and who knows where it is at this point. Is anyone else in the US still waiting for a shipment? Anyone in the early bird tier?

Of course, watch it just be waiting for me when I get home this evening... though I think the chances of that are slim.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #6,748 of 7,693
So i stumbled upon some issues while testing the headphones. Yesterday in some 6 hours of competitive Overwatch the the headphones suddenly disconnected from the PC. This happened four times and the only solution to this was to remove the cable and plug it in again. This was very annoying.
Today I now hear a very weird buzzing noise like you hear from certain AC adapters and power supplies on the left ear cup and it also cut out again while watching Netflix.
Anyone one else also has these issues?

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #6,749 of 7,693
So i stumbled upon some issues while testing the headphones. Yesterday in some 6 hours of competitive Overwatch the the headphones suddenly disconnected from the PC. This happened four times and the only solution to this was to remove the cable and plug it in again. This was very annoying.
Today I now hear a very weird buzzing noise like you hear from certain AC adapters and power supplies on the left ear cup and it also cut out again while watching Netflix.

I can't confirm this problem, I marathoned some battlefield 1 as soon as I got mine and had no problems. However, can you provide more information? What connection were you using? Are you confident in how well your PC is grounded? Can you try with a different cable and/or a different port?

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #6,750 of 7,693

I have had the headphones cut out on my Mac, but it was the cable (usb-c) falling out or being bumped, it dislodges just enough to stop playback. No buzzing, or hiss that I can hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back