• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 18, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #6,662 of 7,693
Update on the low-pitched hum on my Mobius, it's not caused by the headphones themselves but rather by the (non-existant) grounding of electronics in my room. Touching the case of my pc with my hand while standing on the floor completely removes the hum. I'll have to look at what I can do to ground my pc as all the outlets in my room are not grounded.

Well, that’s a relief!

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #6,663 of 7,693
Update on the low-pitched hum on my Mobius, it's not caused by the headphones themselves but rather by the (non-existant) grounding of electronics in my room. Touching the case of my pc with my hand while standing on the floor completely removes the hum. I'll have to look at what I can do to ground my pc as all the outlets in my room are not grounded.

You can probably touch a piece of metal to the I/O shield on the back of your case and the floor to provide a ground though I'd imagine this would also cause you to pick up other grounding noise similar to microphonics in a headphone cable depending on how much vibration gets damped out of your new ground line.

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #6,667 of 7,693
is it possible to engage high rez in bluetooth mode

on another note, i see why an eq app to store settings would be amazing, wish Audeze will do that

so far i am not feeling the planar bass punch at all that i am used to in other lcd headphones, also I feel it is a bit too clinical sounding and cold or a bit shouty, so this is not at all like the audeze house sound I am used to, I tried all different settings in bluetooth and on pc and could not get the audeze house sound I am used to at all. For music it is not at all to my liking, so def its more for gaming and movies but not for music lovers that look for that audeze house sound , if you never heard a an audeze headphone before than maybe you will like the sound quality, but for people who come in with high expectations due to owning an audeze headphone, they will be disappointed. I tired it bluetooth, usb dac and analog and nothing to my ears sounds great, My previous B&W P7 W sounds way way better than mobius. I can not believe this is even a planar sound, where is the planar bass that we are used to, and why all this shoutiness, the sound is just a mess fior music enjoyment. All the dsp effects just make music even sound worse, so its better to turn them off and go by flat and no 3d

sorry this is the second item from audeze I feel disappointed by, the first was isine 20 as it sounds not to my expectation at all without the cypher cable, and now this mobius is the second item that I feel let down

Thanks god I have other audeze cans, even my cheapest sine headphone sounds way way way better than mobius at least its true to audeze house sound. Seeing all youtube reviews and the big hype, man this is a let down for music listening if you are coming from other audeze headphones. Do not take my experience in consideration only if you owned a high end audeze headphone. If you never owned a high end audeze headphone than we are on a total different page and you might like mobius for music

If I were audeze I would not even go to say that this is a great headphone for music and just market it for gaming and movies

I'm of different opinion. I felt the same about the default eq settings since it almost seemed like some kind of gain compression was working in the background, but the flat option has the same impact and to some extend detail that would be expected at this price point.

I also like it a lot more than the el-8 but that's more due to my subtle dislike of its tonal balance.

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #6,668 of 7,693
I'm of different opinion. I felt the same about the default eq settings since it almost seemed like some kind of gain compression was working in the background, but the flat option has the same impact and to some extend detail that would be expected at this price point.

I also like it a lot more than the el-8 but that's more due to my subtle dislike of its tonal balance.

i will try with Ldac bluetooth and see if my opinion changes, as I did not know galaxy s8+ supports ldac

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #6,669 of 7,693
Yes. We have already tested this and it works. A USB-C to C cable is included in the package.

I received my Mobius today. I have tried everything under the sun to get the USB C audio to work with my Pixel 2 XL but I get no sound. The phone recognizes the USB C audio (and headphones say "USB") when I plug in, but after that no sound is pushed to the headphones.

Only way they work with my Pixel 2 XL is with the OEM dongle or Bluetooth. I am running Android 9.0.

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #6,671 of 7,693
Family obligations required I take a Friday off from the job, so of course last Friday my Mobius arrived shipped to the office as I prefer to avoid the porch thieves Amazon has created. Luckily as my shipping notification email was lost in the firewalls and spam gauntlets necessary in 2018 I was blissfully unaware my three day weekend could have included a new high performance DSP equipped headphone.

And it made for a much better than average Monday work morning when I walked into my office and the sight of a headphone sized box greeted me.

9938601_l.jpg
9938606_l.jpg

Unboxing pics.

9938602_l.jpg

9938603_l.jpg

9938604_l.jpg

9938605_l.jpg
9938607_l.jpg

9938608_l.jpg

Initial impressions.

Industrial design and build quality easily meet expectations. Blue is my favorite color so going Team Blue is confirmed as the right choice for me.

Read the manual and supplemental material on https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000427911-Mobius-Technical-Questions or you will be lost trying to run this product. Plugging an analog source into the 3.5mm port is as close to plug and play as Mobius gets so I started there while studying the details of USB, Bluetooth, and 3D. Once the control locations and functions are memorized I quickly found that with the voice feedback operation is easy.

No hiss audible to my 62 year old ears that I am blessed to report still hear to above 15k Hz.

Fit on my head/ears is snug and very comfortable. I like the snug fit, I can look down while working with the music on and Mobius does not try and fall off my head.

Have not tested microphone, I am not a gamer and do not expect to use it.

After two days of listening to music and movie excerpts via analog, USB, and Bluetooth I can say Mobius meets and exceeds my expectations. Certainly high-end sound quality, massive functionality, and the DSP powered 3D and surround capability are a clear view into the future of performance headphones.

Congratulations to the team at Audeze! I backed Mobius on March 17, 2018 and received this fantastic product September 17, 2018.

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #6,674 of 7,693
just got my pair today and i have few issues with it.

1. mic isnt loud enough, people complain that they cant hear me.
i bumped up the mic volume on the headset and on windows settings, also checked in their software that the mic is actually at 100%.
but still, not sorted.
never had this problem with mics before, and im using 1$ mics from ebay.

i looked at the mic volume input bar and its not really going up much, just a tiny bit.
my 1$ mic is getting almost to the end.

2. funny enough i can kind of hear myself, this is apparently an intended feature.
thing is, i can barely hear myself talking but wind noise is picking up easily.
but there is no way to turn this off for some reason?

3. the headset gets warm while plugged in.
i use it as a 2nd pair for gaming on my PC and i want to keep it plugged in all the time.
but even after i disabled the charging over usb its get warm on the left side (where all the electronics).
i dont know how "healty" it is for the headphones.

my amps are always on and they get hot but built-in amp that gets warm inside of an headphone is kind of stretchy.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #6,675 of 7,693
Going to bed in a few mins....here's a quick post that'll ramble a bit.

Tried them for the afternoon (music, movies, games all via USB to PC). Sound for a closed headphone is great. No issues with the amp being warm. Hiss is minimal and probably average for Mobius.

As others have complained, the microphone is very poor. My conclusion is that it's faulty - it's unusable in it's current form. Physical connections are correct - tried another usb port as well for good measure. It doesn't mater what headphone mode or Windows sound settings are used. Discord settings are set up as per Audeze and also tried alternative settings, with no luck. Made voice recordings that confirms the voice volume being weak, having tinny sound, breath clipping issues, and vastly varying volume. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that this microphone is the worst I've used by a long shot and can't be working as intended. Contacting Audeze in the near future when I get the chance. S**t happens, but I'm hoping this doesn't turn into some sort of microphone-gate.

If you haven't tested your microphone via making voice files in Windows, do it now and report back if you can. Very curious to see if the issue is widespread and/or undiscovered by those who didn't use the microphone yet.

Edit- Read this over and came to the conclusion that I went a little over-ranty. Not what I intended, but wanted to make the microphone issues loud and clear. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back