Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 19, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #6,691 of 7,693
Sep 19, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #6,692 of 7,693
I tried it now with Ldac enabled in my samsung galaxy s8+ and boy what an improvement in sound,

I enabled Ldac in developer options :
1- Bluetooth VRCO 1.6 , this was version 1.4 deault
2- Bluetooth Audio codec: streaming LDAC

changing other option in developer option for Bluetooth keep going to default

only issue is I have now cut outs maybe I need to enable more settings

can anyone share their exact settings using samsung galaxy s8+ and which music player are you using

with ldac engaged I find that 3D does not work, is that normal

I think a sticky is worth it to make everyone aware what a huge sound quality difference is between using Ldac and other bluetooth codecs as the difference is huge

With LDAC engaged definitely it sounds better than el8 open and sine headphones

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #6,694 of 7,693

Change the sample rate to 48khz or lower to use 3d with ldac

Sep 19, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #6,696 of 7,693
anyone else get lousy usb cable from the mobius box?
Using USB A-C cable - static everywhere vs samsung USB A-C cable works great.
Using USB C-C cable - hissing all the way through, I don't have any other cable so can't compare.
But using bluetooth sounds great.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #6,697 of 7,693
I tried it now with Ldac enabled in my samsung galaxy s8+ and boy what an improvement in sound,

I enabled Ldac in developer options :
1- Bluetooth VRCO 1.6 , this was version 1.4 deault
2- Bluetooth Audio codec: streaming LDAC

changing other option in developer option for Bluetooth keep going to default

only issue is I have now cut outs maybe I need to enable more settings

can anyone share their exact settings using samsung galaxy s8+ and which music player are you using

I think a sticky is worth it to make everyone aware what a huge sound quality difference is between using Ldac and other bluetooth codecs as the difference is huge

With LDAC engaged definitely it sounds better than el8 open and sine headphones

Cool, thanks for the tips!

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #6,698 of 7,693
Does anyone else have problems getting the audeze software to recognize the headphones? Tried reinstalling the software with/without administrator privileges, running the software with/without administrator privileges, turning the headphones on and off, changing input mode, deleting and reinstalling the drivers and the software keeps saying the headphones are not connected.

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #6,699 of 7,693
Does anyone else have problems getting the audeze software to recognize the headphones? Tried reinstalling the software with/without administrator privileges, running the software with/without administrator privileges, turning the headphones on and off, changing input mode, deleting and reinstalling the drivers and the software keeps saying the headphones are not connected.
Mine crashes instantly when i try to change the settings for 3D.

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #6,700 of 7,693
anyone else get lousy usb cable from the mobius box?
Using USB A-C cable - static everywhere vs samsung USB A-C cable works great.
Using USB C-C cable - hissing all the way through, I don't have any other cable so can't compare.
But using bluetooth sounds great.
Nothing that resembles a headphone cable ? Yes, but mine have 0 hissing with 3.5mm to 3.5mm and 0 hissing with usb c to usb c via my lg v30 and my computer. I have not tried the usb to usb c cable the length of the cables are short too

Sep 19, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #6,701 of 7,693
Nothing that resembles a headphone cable ? Yes, but mine have 0 hissing with 3.5mm to 3.5mm and 0 hissing with usb c to usb c via my lg v30 and my computer. I have not tried the usb to usb c cable the length of the cables are short too

I guess it's your hearing then. There is a definite hiss when indoors. I use the lg v30 too.
I don't believe there are such strong differences from unit to unit.
I also made the discovery that our TV strengthens the hiss by alot. I'm actually able to hear it during very low volume passages in music as long as the TV is on.

Other than that I am of even stronger opinion that all the EQ settings aside from flat suffer from some kind of gain compression. The FLAT setting has a much more detailed and accentuated sound to it.
It's actually only on flat that I'm not dissapointed by the sound dynamics, depth and detail.
LDAC sounds great and does sound like a wired connection to some extend but it's still noticeably less detailed than high res wired with flat EQ.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #6,702 of 7,693
For sound quality, only the 2CH Hi-Res mode with Flat EQ works for me.
anything else feels so bad.

i tried the 7.1 with head tracking thing in CSGO, was hesitant to press left mouse because the gun fires were so unpleasant.

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #6,704 of 7,693
Very disappointed with the local dealer in UK. I think they have received stock but i am yet to know anything about a shipping realistic date:frowning2:

Same here. Apparently Scan will have stock in tomorrow with which to fulfil my order, but Audeze have told me they don’t even expect to send stock out to dealers for a few weeks. So... yeah.

I’m in two minds as to whether or not to cancel my order anyway, as the various issues people appear to be having with them make it seem like they’re not totally ‘finished’. I dunno...

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #6,705 of 7,693
Android 9.0 (Android P) as I stated in the initial post. Thanks!

I too am on Pie 9.0 on my Essential phone. No USB audio. LDAC sounding phenomenal though. I tried USB on my Axon 7 with android 7.? and iirc it kept slowing my phone to a crawl. Unusable.

On my laptop last night I couldn't bring myself to go to bed but stayed up late listening to tunes on the Mobius. It sounds pretty sweet as-is but after I heavily tweaked my foobar EQ these things just sound grand to my ears. Freakin' love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back