Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #4,997 of 7,693
Isn't the forum supposed to?
The picture "preview" sizes adjust depending on your browser size, but he's probably using his browser in full screen. Maybe there is a "thumbnail preview" option he'd rather they be. =p

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #5,000 of 7,693
CvLhGOrh.jpg

ttMMD0Kh.jpg

mxfUGO2h.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #5,001 of 7,693
I just shipped off my RMA units. When I asked about when I should be getting my replacements I was told "We do not have an exact shipping date set for the reworked units, but we expect to start shipping those out within the next 1 to 2 weeks."

@Audeze, is this timeline specific to RMA units, or all units?

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #5,002 of 7,693
Going to sell the AKG 7xx; picked up the Massdrop HE4xx (debated on them or the Jubilee 58x) for use until the Mobius arrives. It’s ridiculous that my head still aches the day after using the AKG 7xx for more than 30m last night. @Mad Lust Envy, you finding the Mobius comfortable for multi-hour use?

I can wear them almost all day with few periods of breaks to let my ears get some air. Usually with leather pass of any kind, the skin where the pads rest would get red and sore. Not a problem here.

The clamp is moderate, which depending on personal preference may be too much. I like them a little looser than the Mobius, but it's not really an issue either. I do have a big head so that may be a factor.

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #5,003 of 7,693
Thanks for the reply, @Mad Lust Envy. I also have a large wide head, so it's good to know.

On a side note, I hate and love you all. I just bought the HE4xx _and_ the HD6xx to see which are more comfortable until the Mobius arrive (along with my wife's urging to find ones that are comfortable after a little head injury this year). Y'all the worst enablers. :)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #5,004 of 7,693
Thanks for the reply, @Mad Lust Envy. I also have a large wide head, so it's good to know.

On a side note, I hate and love you all. I just bought the HE4xx _and_ the HD6xx to see which are more comfortable until the Mobius arrive (along with my wife's urging to find ones that are comfortable after a little head injury this year). Y'all the worst enablers. :)
Man, I love my 4xxs. I'll be seriously surprised (in a good way) if mobius is more comfortable.

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #5,005 of 7,693
The clamp is moderate, which depending on personal preference may be too much

How's the clamp compared to the Senn HD650's etc?
Am familiar with those and also your views on the "Senn clamp" with them.

Understandable that there could be a higher than average clamp given that these are wireless etc and maybe used on the go.

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #5,006 of 7,693
I just bought the HE4xx _and_ the HD6xx to see which are more comfortable
Pf. There's none more comfortable than the HD's!! ^ ^ Focals look nice, tho...

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #5,007 of 7,693
How's the clamp compared to the Senn HD650's etc?
Am familiar with those and also your views on the "Senn clamp" with them.

Understandable that there could be a higher than average clamp given that these are wireless etc and maybe used on the go.

Oh, not on HD650 clamp level. The Mobius is moderate, not clampy or loose. Like in between, but leaning towards clampy, not overtly so.

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #5,008 of 7,693
Comfort is very good, great even for a closed over-ear headphone. Maybe some minor fatigue over longer periods but that’s not uncommon with any of the headphones I’ve used. The seal created is excellent!

Happy to report there are no flaws with the comfort design. I think 99% of people will be happy, which is an extraordinarily high rate.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #5,009 of 7,693
I think 99% of people will be happy
Worth $399, for a stereo headphone + virtual surround gaming headset/headphone? What's it's weakness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back