• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 17, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #5,026 of 7,693
But...but it isolates perfectly fine? Certainly as good as any non-ANC over ear I can remember.

If I had a choice of ANC or none, I'd always choose none. ANC makes me nauseous.

10 hours is pretty good IMO, AND it's not like you can't charge it while it's in use. Especially if you're using the USB mode to begin with.

If anything, bring a portable battery bank? A high capacity one ain't expensive either. It's good form to have one handy nowadays in case your phone dies, etc. I always have a 10000 one in my backpack that I always take with me.

ANC is such a specific use case, may as well just have an IEM for those situations or something. I dunno. I mean I get it, it's a feature the Mobius doesn't have, but personally, if it was ANC or any other feature, I'd take the other, but I'm not always on planes and stuff.

I’m not personally complaining about either one as I don’t need or desire ANC and the battery life is adequte considering the power of the amplifier, but he asked about its weaknesses. To me at least it provides a low level of isolation, which for my use is totally fine.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #5,027 of 7,693
But...but it isolates perfectly fine? Certainly as good as any non-ANC over ear I can remember.

If I had a choice of ANC or none, I'd always choose none. ANC makes me nauseous.

10 hours is pretty good IMO, AND it's not like you can't charge it while it's in use. Especially if you're using the USB mode to begin with.

If anything, bring a portable battery bank? A high capacity one ain't expensive either. It's good form to have one handy nowadays in case your phone dies, etc. I always have a 10000 one in my backpack that I always take with me.

ANC is such a specific use case, may as well just have an IEM for those situations or something. I dunno. I mean I get it, it's a feature the Mobius doesn't have, but personally, if it was ANC or any other feature, I'd take the other, but I'm not always on planes and stuff.

My bose qc15 makes me feel like my head is being pressurized.

Also, most planes have USB charging ports, even on economy (well, international flights, at least) so batteries aren't much of an issue.

And if one wants pindrop silence traveling to other countries while listening to music, get a wind powered yacht.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #5,029 of 7,693
Did anyone receive shipping notifications today?

I don't think so. I know I should be on of the first pallets out. They are running late by a day or two it looks like. Who knows. I'm giving it 48 hours from the timestamp of this post before I allow frustration to enter my comments, but yeah they gave us solid dates this time, and didn't say anything about wiggle room, so eh.

Aug 17, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #5,030 of 7,693
So this is the first amp that Audeze has made, right? What would be a high-end version of Mobius; Mobius with an external amp..? ;p

They have a couple standalone desktop amps and the cipher cables which have amps.

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #5,031 of 7,693
So I went digging into local websites to see if anyone else in Korea were waiting for these, forgetting how dedicated us Koreans can be with games.
I found quite a few pre-release reviews, including:
http://naver.me/5tgOh0Yw
http://naver.me/xYEDRQP9

All in Korean. Long story short, they're awesome and only drawback? They're not yet released.
Local FPS gamer sites are going goo goo ga ga over them, calling it a legal cheat key for games. Hope they're really that good.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #5,032 of 7,693
I actually did just switch off from the Mobius to the EL-8, and they compare better than I expected in both comfort and sound quality. They both provide high quality sound but I’m going to need more time to test. On first thought Mobius may be be better-balanced while the the EL-8 provides slightly better imaging and quality of bass via 3.5mm. EL-8 is probably the more capable headphone — with an amp, of course. But Mobius provides more and comes very close. This comparison becomes more complicated once we add Cipher into the mix.

EL-8 definitely looks and feels significantly more premium while Mobius has a high level of build quality for a gaming headset.

Edit: frankly I expected Mobius to potentially blow away the EL-8, and I’m not sure yet that that’s the case. They’re close competitors.

Edit 2: Mobius sounds great and probably provides the best value in Audeze’s lineup, but it’s also not going to cannibalize the rest of their headphone lineup. Admittedly it will take some time going back and forth to find a clear winner between the Mobius and EL-8. They both have their high points.

Have you tried Hi-Res ?

I am eagerly awaiting mine. The challenge I see with many headphones is that they are held back by the amps feeding them - and you may see into doubling the expense. To give an example, I had a Senn HD800 driven by a Benchmark DAC1 Pre - which never were a good match (however better than Dragonflies and Meridian Explorers). Also an AKG701, which saw a slew of amps but only the Benchmark drove it properly (but cold and uninviting) Also the Stax driven from a SRM252 - quite worse than the SRD7 Pro driven by a good amp (but then not portable)

The beauty of the Mobius is that it comes with an optimized amp and DAC. Hopefully good! and the hi-res allows our programs to upsample everything.

Aug 17, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #5,033 of 7,693
yeap it is what it is and that's the weakness. It may last 10 hours but that is on the premise of you remembering to charge it often, an additional step that has to be made which I sometimes forget to do for my arctis 7 then my headphones gets cut off during middle of gaming after 30 minutes of low batt warning lol.

I supported it so I am still eagerly waiting it, be it active or passive, if it sounds great, I am onboard! I just have to make the effort to remember to charge it aha.

I could be wrong and I'm happy to be corrected, but don't these charge via USB if you're using your PC as source? They are gaming headphones with the addition of bluetooth so the main use-case scenario for them is plugged into a computer. Anything else is just an added bonus.

So, for example, they'll be fine for your commute to work, then you plug them in and use them (or just charge them) at work, then they get you home no problem and then you're plugged in again playing games.
I know not everyone will use them for this and they have been designed to be flexible, but the stated purpose of them is as PC gaming headphones.

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #5,035 of 7,693
Have you tried Hi-Res ?

I am eagerly awaiting mine. The challenge I see with many headphones is that they are held back by the amps feeding them - and you may see into doubling the expense. To give an example, I had a Senn HD800 driven by a Benchmark DAC1 Pre - which never were a good match (however better than Dragonflies and Meridian Explorers). Also an AKG701, which saw a slew of amps but only the Benchmark drove it properly (but cold and uninviting) Also the Stax driven from a SRM252 - quite worse than the SRD7 Pro driven by a good amp (but then not portable)

The beauty of the Mobius is that it comes with an optimized amp and DAC. Hopefully good! and the hi-res allows our programs to upsample everything.
It has never been my intention to try using the Mobius for my Music listening purposes, as I'm really not too interested in listening to any music I listen to unless it's passed through my Metrum Acoustics Hex DAC first. I didn't opt for any USB input on the Hex as I use the BNC coaxial input on the Hex.

All this talk about how well the HiRez Mode works on the Mobius has me curious , but my other Audeze HP & my AQ NH & NO work exceptionally well for my music listening . I was actually looking to see if the Deckard HP amp was still "Out of Stock" when I came across the Mobius promotion & thought "Hmmm.... These might work pretty well with my Video system !" (& being Audeze HPs I decided to give them a try)

I may give them a try for Music eventually , but I use two different Systems so I don't know how much temporary system integrating I want to do, as I'm pretty happy with things this way ! : - )

Aug 17, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #5,039 of 7,693
I only read a bit but fail to see the relevance to the Mobius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back