• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 17, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #5,041 of 7,693
don't these charge via USB if you're using your PC as source?
I think that only works if the USB port is part of a hub(that has more power running through it). But hopefully it charges all the time ._.

Edit: Looks like anything will work... "You can use any standard 5 Volt USBcharging output for Mobius, such as a mobile device charger or computer USB connection."

Battery rated for 10 hours, but should last longer if 3D is turned off. Cool. But I'm gonna be wired all the time lol.

"Note: Battery life and charge time will be affected by many factors, such as your solar system's magnetic/gravitational pull, RFI/MFI levels on your particular starship, etc. Time travel may have an adverse and disproportional effect, and may shorten battery life by a considerable margin. Please be advised that Audeze's warranty agreement does not cover damage due to time travel."

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #5,042 of 7,693
Aug 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #5,044 of 7,693
These Korean reviews are a good read with Google translate ^ ^
"Today, I would like to share my review of the Odyssey, a high-end gaming headset from the US premium brand Audi.
If you are interested in a little bit of headphones, you are familiar with the brand Odie."

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #5,045 of 7,693
These Korean reviews are a good read with Google translate ^ ^
"Today, I would like to share my review of the Odyssey, a high-end gaming headset from the US premium brand Audi.
If you are interested in a little bit of headphones, you are familiar with the brand Odie."

Haha! I love Google translate and use it a lot for online shopping in China. Something keeps getting translated as "baby" when referring to products, as in "now 50% the baby, all the whole baby".

Quirks side, bring able to translate sites in chrome is invaluable over here.

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #5,046 of 7,693
I just started a new job in a busy corporate environment with open cubicle areas. The workspace is very open and very noisy which is distracting for me. I'm looking for a product that provides very good white noise/isolation quality, limited sound bleed (so I can crank it and not have my direct neighbors listen to me), good to great SQ, good quality comfort with not too much weight or clamp force, and decent battery life.

I don't want a dac/amp requirement and budget is really not an issue. I have the LCDX and LCD3 which are great products is the Mobius right for me? Or should I go with B&W, Sony, or Bose products?

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #5,047 of 7,693
I just started a new job in a busy corporate environment with open cubicle areas. The workspace is very open and very noisy which is distracting for me. I'm looking for a product that provides very good white noise/isolation quality, limited sound bleed (so I can crank it and not have my direct neighbors listen to me), good to great SQ, good quality comfort with not too much weight or clamp force, and decent battery life.

I don't want a dac/amp requirement and budget is really not an issue. I have the LCDX and LCD3 which are great products is the Mobius right for me? Or should I go with B&W, Sony, or Bose products?
Give it a few weeks. You'll have LOTS of impressions to go by soon!

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #5,048 of 7,693

If you like the LCD sound, I'm guessing pretty emphatically yes

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #5,049 of 7,693
I’m not personally complaining about either one as I don’t need or desire ANC and the battery life is adequte considering the power of the amplifier, but he asked about its weaknesses. To me at least it provides a low level of isolation, which for my use is totally fine.

It's funny you say this because I though ANC was a waste until my Nuraphones were patched with ANC and I friggin love it. Also, they added social mode to magnify outside sound!

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #5,051 of 7,693
I don't think so. I know I should be on of the first pallets out. They are running late by a day or two it looks like. Who knows. I'm giving it 48 hours from the timestamp of this post before I allow frustration to enter my comments, but yeah they gave us solid dates this time, and didn't say anything about wiggle room, so eh.

I work in software so I'm used to these sorts of delays. :L3000:

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #5,052 of 7,693
It's funny you say this because I though ANC was a waste until my Nuraphones were patched with ANC and I friggin love it. Also, they added social mode to magnify outside sound!

Modern ANC is an impressive technology, just not one I need in my daily life at this time. At home (and even when out in public) I’d prefer to be able to have some awareness of my surroundings.

Mobius has about average isolation in its class. It’s still easy to hear external noises with it on.

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #5,053 of 7,693

Why battery life in the office? If you're connected to the computer, you have a wire.
Shure IEMs work well for me...look at the 846's if you don't mind IEMs.

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #5,054 of 7,693
Modern ANC is an impressive technology
ANC is probably great for studying! Otherwise, I'm not sure what negative impacts it has, or may have, on audio purity.

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #5,055 of 7,693
well since you asked I'm tired of richarding around with cables... I want to get out of my car throw on a set of wireless bluetooth cans and jam into work. I want to be hands free at my cube and be able to work in a zone. Finally if I want to go to the can and take a #2 I don't want to hear neighbor stalls and I don't want to richard around with a cable.

I'm highly sensitive to IEMs and don't like anything going in my ears.

I know TMI but you asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back