• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 10, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #4,606 of 7,693
QCs job in any manufacturing operation is to determine whether or not the end product meets spec. It has no responsibility to determine whether or not the spec is valid. That's engineering's job....

Let's manufacture some more incorrect assumptions to be upset about!

lol... sure thing bud... I have worked in several warehouses over the years, including a christmas tree factory, and they always tested to make sure all the lights were working at final product before boxing... how is this any different? Audeze should have overseen the entire process and said lets turn on the headphones before we box them up... its kind of 101 when producing headphones... but sure thing you know everything about manufacturing I have no doubts!

Aug 10, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #4,609 of 7,693
For those who purchased the Mobius as a non Indiegogo backer, you should have received an update e-mail letting you know that shipping will begin sometime in late August early September after all the Indiegogo's units have been shipped.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #4,610 of 7,693
For those who purchased the Mobius as a non Indiegogo backer, you should have received an update e-mail letting you know that shipping will begin sometime in late August early September after all the Indiegogo's units have been shipped.
Yeah i got it and I'm quite annoyed, the wait is a bit ridiculous at this point....wish i could just cancel my order honestly.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #4,611 of 7,693
Yeah i got it and I'm quite annoyed, the wait is a bit ridiculous at this point....wish i could just cancel my order honestly.

I think you have until the 12th to cancel your order. just email audeze and request it. I am not going to get my headphones until christmas sadly, since parents will have to ship it to me overseas now cause of 2 month delay. I expected some delay, just not two months. Sucks. never dealing with Audeze again after this. and hifiman has 10x worse quality control than Audeze, so for my planar needs I guess I will be going to ZMF, Mr.Speakers, or one of those offshoot small companies. Wait time is longer but at least its truthful and has best quality control across the board.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #4,613 of 7,693
Won't get my Mobius before my 6 week vacation. Guess what? That's alright. When I come back there it will be, waiting for me. Then I will have it. Awesome! Or should I just be bitter and poison my body with hostility and try to make as many other people miserable as possible too?

Hmm..... Tough choice..... Yeah right! Lol! :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #4,614 of 7,693
I think you have until the 12th to cancel your order. just email audeze and request it. I am not going to get my headphones until christmas sadly, since parents will have to ship it to me overseas now cause of 2 month delay. I expected some delay, just not two months. Sucks. never dealing with Audeze again after this. and hifiman has 10x worse quality control than Audeze, so for my planar needs I guess I will be going to ZMF, Mr.Speakers, or one of those offshoot small companies. Wait time is longer but at least its truthful and has best quality control across the board.
I'll probably wait it out and hope it's worth it, I'm just a bit of a drama king, I'm also impatient and one of the most indecisive people you'll ever meet....not a good mix of traits in this hobby lol

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #4,615 of 7,693
Lots of drama in this thread. If you ordered, and it won't arrive in time, and can cancel, do so. If you ordered, and are moving, Audeze has offered a way to change the delivery. If you ordered and are unhappy with the delay, use your other gear and relax. If you ordered, and are not happy, sell them.

I just got my Team Copper email saying I am pushed out. My only regret... that Blue is looking really good in photos.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #4,616 of 7,693
You need to go back to school and learn how percentages work, lol.

Except some companies don't do percentages for testing. One plus doesn't. They literally test every unit with their standard tests before it goes out the door. They randomly select from each batch a certain number of phones for more extreme stress tests were are designed to break those randomly selected phones. They WILL break them. The point of the stress test is to see if the phone makes it to a certain threshold before breaking. If those phones make it out of that batch, then the batch goes through. If not, and then the batch and neighboring batches are pulled fore retesting and rebuilding.

Some places go overboard on QC, and some don't. The point being the margin on phones is a lot thinner than the margin on headphones.

However, I am just giving info here. I am not criticizing anyone or anything. I am only explaining the thorough process some companies take. I do not know how Audeze does their QC process nor claim to know. Until I do know, I can make any real criticisms at this point.

To the people making the point about the engineering and design needing to make the QC standards... that is still all part of the QC process. They may be the designers and not the testers, but they are still QC. In a well run shop, the testers know enough about the standards to help the engineers/designers come up with proper specs and test cases for those specs.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #4,617 of 7,693

I actually received an email today from Audeze but I'm an Indegogo backers in the "ride the waves tier". It was basically a duplicate email to the one we got from Indegogo at the last update...not sure why I got the same email except from Audeze this time.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #4,618 of 7,693
I think it's a bit redeunred at this point to be going on and on complaining about the delays. Yes, the delays suck for everyone and nobody is thrilled about them, we get it. I'm just as annoyed as anyone else because I was hoping to have the Mobius for my vacation his year, which is now over. But it is what it is at this point, I'm more excited about what these headphones offer then I am upset about the delays getting them to customers. I'm glad Audeze is fixing and/or reducing the "hiss" on them right now as I'd have been even more annoyed to have received a unit with this issue. Let's continue to look forward instead of backward.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #4,619 of 7,693
So I gather you build everything from scratch at home? It's brand new. Even brand new items from a sealed box have often been fixed.

You know, you can also just sell your headphones to someone else.

My work environment for the past 20 years, demands a high standard. Just my group alone purchased about a dozen of these Mobius'es. Under my name I have 3 units. Talking about my home. It got flooded with 3 feet of water last summer and I mostly rebuild it myself. I'm about 95% done with it.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #4,620 of 7,693
My work environment for the past 20 years, demands a high standard. Just my group alone purchased about a dozen of these Mobius'es. Under my name I have 3 units. Talking about my home. It got flooded with 3 feet of water last summer and I mostly rebuild it myself. I'm about 95% done with it.

Over the last two years, launched over 20M RF/SOC devices built in RoC. Sometimes even with the tightest of QA standards, things slip thru. If you rebuild it before it gets to the customer, it's hardly "refurbuished". As far as rebuilding, did the same last year, re-ran wiring, reframed, re-hung/re-mudded/painted drywall, re-painted. It's better than new. I don't look at it and think, "Oh man, this home is refurbished!" I think, "Looks good and now I can truly enjoy it."

But that's me. Maybe I enjoy life too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back