• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 10, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #4,637 of 7,693
Fun fact: the first person to call the other bud in an argument automatically loses. Sign of weakness.

Should the QC also test distortion? Presumably yes. How much is too much though? Is 0.1% THD ok? 0.001%? 0.00000001%? How should QC know? Depends what was deemed acceptable at the time of design.

This is exactly why QC is not necessarily to blame for background noise. How much is too much? Depends on what the engineers said was ok.

what is to much? well I know what not enough is, and thats a single listening session on one headphone with a movie playing where the noise bleeds into the movie. LOL

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #4,640 of 7,693
... the Food and Drug Administration? What did I miss?

ignore him, he is just trying to push it to far. Audeze is a good company, I honestly understand their situation here, what I don't understand is the ignorance of people attacking me based on my single issue of quality control. Seriously, if I were making headphones, I would listen to at least one of them before I shipped it out... I am not sure why that is so complicated for any of you to understand. Audeze is making right, I give them that, but I will not be able to get my pair until Christmas now which kind of sucks.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #4,641 of 7,693
Audeze is building a Sonic planar gun for the DOD
Believe it or not. That was actually our first project at Audeze before we got into Headphones. One of those speakers is still at our facility. But to do that we dont need FDA.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 10, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #4,642 of 7,693
ignore him, he is just trying to push it to far. Audeze is a good company, I honestly understand their situation here, what I don't understand is the ignorance of people attacking me based on my single issue of quality control. Seriously, if I were making headphones, I would listen to at least one of them before I shipped it out... I am not sure why that is so complicated for any of you to understand. Audeze is making right, I give them that, but I will not be able to get my pair until Christmas now which kind of sucks.

Delays really are the reality with crowd-funded projects. It’s up to backers whether to accept the discounted price with the promise of a product at some point or to wait for the finished product to become available to purchase for immediate shipment.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #4,643 of 7,693
Seriously though, where are the edible planar headphones or the super secret LCD headphone that shoots dopamine directly into your brain?

Why don’t we start with a Bluetooth speaker? :p

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #4,644 of 7,693
(Sort of) back on-topic: Do you guys recommend buying a PS4 Pro or keeping my Xbox One and getting a new controller with 3.5mm output to use with Mobius? I know it’s quite a jump to go from buying a new controller to switching consoles but PS4 has some good exclusives coming out and these headphones are encouraging me to get back into gaming.

(For better or worse for my daily life after not gaming for years? Remains to be seen :p.)

If only Sony allowed 5.1 output to Mobius then the decision would be easy. As far as I’m aware the USB audio output is on the console itself though so that would be quite a long wire... (Though the controller charges via micro-USB.) The quality of the controller’s 3.5mm output on Xbox One is uncompressed whereas I am unsure about the PlayStation 4. PC is obviously ideal but I have become a console gamer.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #4,645 of 7,693
I like my PS4 - but you gotta look at the features, games, and where your friends are!

Anyone play World of Warcraft? Curious as to how these sound with WoW. I know, "Just like any other game!" but seriously, interested.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #4,646 of 7,693
I like my PS4 - but you gotta look at the features, games, and where your friends are!

Anyone play World of Warcraft? Curious as to how these sound with WoW. I know, "Just like any other game!" but seriously, interested.

My friends are on Xbox but I prefer story-based games anyway. Had my fair share of mindless CoD multiplayer when I was a teenager. Also my share of World of Warcraft circa 2006 :wink: otherwise would check for you if I had it installed. Should sound great! The score in that game was surprisingly high quality.

A gaming PC is a tempting option as well albeit an unnecessary one especially since the games I’m interested in playing are console exclusives. So I’ll just go with whatever console inevitably offers surround sound on Mobius... That would probably end up being PlayStation since Sony has already allowed 2.0 audio via USB to Mobius but that could be a few years off.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #4,647 of 7,693
A gaming PC is a tempting option as well albeit an unnecessary one especially since the games I’m interested in playing are console exclusives.

I think this is where the kids say, "PC Master Race!" I do prefer gaming on my PC - games like No Mans Sky, World of Warcraft, Civilization are just better suited for PC.

Side note, Christoper Tin, award winning composer of Baba Yetu from Civ, has a couple of very good albums he's released as FLAC. Good classical and crossover music.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #4,648 of 7,693
I think this is where the kids say, "PC Master Race!" I do prefer gaming on my PC - games like No Mans Sky, World of Warcraft, Civilization are just better suited for PC.

Side note, Christoper Tin, award winning composer of Baba Yetu from Civ, has a couple of very good albums he's released as FLAC. Good classical and crossover music.

Looking forward to Spider-Man (PS4) and Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One/PS4) most so really no need for me to have a gaming PC even though I’d like to maximize Mobius’ potential with my Mac. Really letting my inner kid out with those two games lol. My next computer should be an iMac which isn’t a slouch anyway for some PC gaming.

Seems like Xbox One should have the better 3.5mm output for those gaming with a home theater though PS4 will output 2.0 via USB directly from the console.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #4,649 of 7,693

Always nice to see Audeze compare the “tonal balance” to the LCD-X :). While I haven’t heard the LCD-X, Mobius definitely punches above its weight and would be a great value for studio headphones.

lol If this were on Reddit I’d be getting down-voted right now.

Aug 10, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #4,650 of 7,693

Always nice to see Audeze compare the “tonal balance” to the LCD-X :). While I haven’t heard the LCD-X, Mobius definitely punches above its weight and would be a great value for studio headphones.

lol If this were on Reddit I’d be getting down-voted right now.

Nice video, im consuming every mobius related media i can find to help the wait be bearable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back