• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 6, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #4,336 of 7,693
An app should* be able to interface with iOS via Bluetooth. *I don’t know if the chipset can support this.

You caught yourself! :) I think there would be to many problems trying to get the app to communicate over Bluetooth and the audio going at the same time. I also don't know if the chipset would support it too, I just know that every time people ask Audeze there response is always PC at launch and Mac & Android later on. They purposely avoid addressing iOS every time, even when people specify it. I think if they could do it they would, it just probably isn't possible.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #4,337 of 7,693
The only oversight is the complexity of the headphones’ controls. I sold my other early bird to a friend (with no markup) and he needed some handholding to use the headphones. Audeze has excellent support so it shouldn’t be an issue if consumers need help but I’d say in advance to be prepared since I think a number of consumers will need assistance of some sort.

After playing with it more I think an iOS/Android app to control presets/3D settings and even inputs if possible would go a long way. It’s really not intuitive to switch settings without taking the headphones off.

Yes. The headphones pack a lot of features and we have to make many of these available to customers with/without an App. It was really challenging to design a UI for the headphone. One of the reasons we created the quickstart guide, user guides and lots of FAQs was because of the complexity. However, after using it for a few days things become easier.

This is also why we have to think hard before adding more functionality/complexity.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 6, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #4,338 of 7,693

Dolby 5.1 tests on YouTube still provide the most convincing surround sound I’ve heard out of headphones even though they’re technically 2.1. These headphones really open up and become spacious with the 3D setting enabled! I only listened with 3D off for a few seconds but the soundstage is much larger with 3D on and the sound is overall better.

No concerns with listening to 2.1 content the majority of the time. Works perfectly fine with the 3D settings!

Edit: I try that test with every pair of headphones I buy and meant to say Mobius with 3D enabled provides the most convincing surround sound I’ve heard out of headphones with that test! So I’m not going to stress too much about feeding native 5.1 into them when it’s not convenient.

Just to clarify, if you don't mind, does virtual surround in 2.1 shift forward when you enable 3D?

Aug 6, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #4,339 of 7,693
I want to spend some more time before giving detailed impressions, especially since I’ve only heard the Sine with Cipher so the Music preset may be a better comparison, but I think if you wanted a Bluetooth version of the Sine with over-ear pads then this is the headphone for you. The comfort is definitely improved over the other Audeze headphones I’ve tested. Curious how the sound will change when I disable head-tracking.

It sounds so detailed, fast, smooth with Bluetooth AAC that I have no desire right now to even test with a wire :).
This is really great! Just curious, what are you using as a music source to test these?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #4,343 of 7,693
Does HiFi mode do any other processing apart from 96khz audio with no virtualization? I'm trying to figure out why people are getting such a difference out of HiFi mode if that's what it is.

Pretty sure they just maxed out the on-board processing for 2 channel audio and have a full lossless digital linesource to play with. Unaltered bits to play. It sounds much better than Aux to me.

USB/HiRes > Aux > Bluetooth

For stereo sound quality

Aug 6, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #4,344 of 7,693
Interesting. I find USB 2channel with 3D off to sound identical to HiRes but granted I haven't spent much time comparing. Nearly 100% of my listening(if not 100%) will be with 3D on. I actually haven't listened to any audio through headphones without virtualization or crossfeed in about a year now so it was quite jarring to hear straight headphone music reproduction again. I will not be going back to that lol, I like my crossfeed. Regular headphones feel like people constantly snapping their fingers in your ears.

Awesome that yall are getting LCD quality enjoyment out of them. Parts of the sound do remind me of LC2 quite a bit.

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #4,345 of 7,693
Interesting. I find USB 2channel with 3D off to sound identical to HiRes but granted I haven't spent much time comparing. Nearly 100% of my listening(if not 100%) will be with 3D on. I actually haven't listened to any audio through headphones without virtualization or crossfeed in about a year now so it was quite jarring to hear straight headphone music reproduction again. I will not be going back to that lol, I like my crossfeed. Regular headphones feel like people constantly snapping their fingers in your ears.

Awesome that yall are getting LCD quality enjoyment out of them. Parts of the sound do remind me of LC2 quite a bit.

That’s surprising. I feel there’s a fairly substantial jump in detail from 2ch to HiRes...

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #4,346 of 7,693
How warm do the pads/ears get?

Closed back pleather usually gets a bit sweaty for me after a while - how do these fair?

Would be interesting to hear pad swap options - especially in relation to sound.

Am tipping the "finely tuned dsp" would be done with respect to the pads delivered - wonder how much/if any negative effect changing pads would have.

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #4,348 of 7,693
How warm do the pads/ears get?

Closed back pleather usually gets a bit sweaty for me after a while - how do these fair?

Would be interesting to hear pad swap options - especially in relation to sound.

Am tipping the "finely tuned dsp" would be done with respect to the pads delivered - wonder how much/if any negative effect changing pads would have.

Definitely warm, especially the left cup is noticable. If you usually get sweaty, I don't think these will be much different. They're not the worst I've used in regards to heat but they're not winning any awards.

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #4,349 of 7,693
Yes. The headphones pack a lot of features and we have to make many of these available to customers with/without an App. It was really challenging to design a UI for the headphone. One of the reasons we created the quickstart guide, user guides and lots of FAQs was because of the complexity. However, after using it for a few days things become easier.

This is also why we have to think hard before adding more functionality/complexity.

Understood completely. There is a lot packed into Mobius! I think some consumers who haven’t been following this thread as closely are going to have a few common questions but that’s why a knowledge base exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back