• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #4,142 of 7,693
I think that is the fixed model he brought to the meet... he already has made posts saying how great the hiss fix has been... so if you can still hear hiss and this is the fixed model... ugh I am cancelling my order. My Monoprice $25 bluetooth headphones don't have any hiss at all... and they are over ear closed back wireless bluetooth as well. 0 noise floor on them. heh

I believe it was already stated above that the model brought to the meet was NOT fixed. Pre-fix.

EDIT: Here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...view-head-fi-tv.874607/page-276#post-14403650

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #4,145 of 7,693
Hey @Audeze , are you able to confirm which tiers have shipped before the remaining units were held for a fix? I know you had mentioned a few hundred, does that include the units that have past customs but customers don't have yet?

My contribution ID is 2183 in the "ride the waves" tier - I'm guessing it's safe to assume these weren't shipped out prior the "hiss" fix being done? So I will recieved the updated "hiss free" version when the shipment is ready? I'm also in Canada if that matters.

The shipping was a combination of Tiers and countries, since we had to group the countries together. Headphones in the warehouse were split into tiers and countries. Units started to ship for US, Canada and Australia. We put a hold on shipments during this time. Some of the units shipped, were held in HongKong for a label issue. These units were then shipped to the customers since they had already cleared customs.
Units people are receiving this week will not have any of the fixes.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 4, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #4,146 of 7,693
The shipping was a combination of Tiers and countries, since we had to group the countries together. Headphones in the warehouse were split into tiers and countries. Units started to ship for US, Canada and Australia. We put a hold on shipments during this time. Some of the units shipped, were held in HongKong for a label issue. These units were then shipped to the customers since they had already cleared customs.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't one of the earliest backers being that I'm in the "ride the waves" tier. So I think it's safe to assume my unit was never shipped (if only about 300 shipped), but I'm not positive. I've never received any notification from DHL or elsewhere about shipping. Just trying to ensure arrangements are available if return shipment is required (I'm hoping it's not though).

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #4,147 of 7,693

Were there any unit shipping to the US via USPS and originating from Seattle?

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #4,148 of 7,693
Nice to have a vendor stand behind their product. Kudos!

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #4,149 of 7,693
I wonder if it's possible to use Nvidia Shield TV as an expensive & big LDAC "dongle" also for normal TV listening, is that possible, I mean, can you get normal TV broadcast's audio transmitted to Shield TV so it could be used with LDAC mode on the Shield or? I would love to get LDAC support for my old Panasonic Plasma if there's a way for that late night TV watching without disturbing others in the house.

You can get a USB TV tuner for the Nvidia Shield TV and just hook up an antenna

https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/watch-live-with-tablo-tv-on-shield

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #4,150 of 7,693
... deleted ...

Attachments

• 20180122_011208.jpg
    20180122_011208.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180622_163605.jpg
    20180622_163605.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #4,151 of 7,693
Wait, didn't anyone tell you? Guys, no one told bonkers about the Audeze shiny knight program?

Bruh, us defenders of the realm get our choice of a pair of LCD4 (not 4z, they are just using us to get rid of old stock, evil corporations are the worst :frowning2: ), LCDi4, or a Leather Care Kit . I obv went with the leather care kit, I already have like 4 pair of Audeze so getting another pair would be stupid... and the leather on 2 of my pairs is def getting slightly dry, whew close one!

Also, someone above asked about buying the Mobius stand? Here ya go pard, only $24 too: https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/mobius-headphone-stand
I got 2 i4. Just by joining the program.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #4,152 of 7,693
I would be interested in purchasing the mobius specific designed headphone stand and have it shipped together with my critical hit unit. :) anyone else?

Their headphone stand looks like one I bought on Amazon for $5 or one I bought for $10, except it doesnt say Mobius on it. The $5 actually has a Qi charging base built-in which I use at work to charge my work phone on.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #4,153 of 7,693
Did the top 20 Mobius Influencers get any special treat at the shipping?
I'm one and beeing about to go to holiday I would need to arrange pick up in case it arrives within the next two weeks.
I did not get a tracking number, but that seems to be common by some of the people were the headphones already arrived.
Thanx!

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #4,154 of 7,693
What exactly does this do? I’ve been researching it for two hours and still can’t figure it out.

If given a two channel input it runs an hrtf. Okay fine. There’s no detail on how the acoustic room measurement is done. No information on what kind of anatomical analysis it does.

With the nuraphones at least they explained how it measures your ear canal and pinna.

What exactly does it do with 5.1 or 7.1? Does it decode Dolby digital? Does it decode Atmos? What sort of ambisonics does it support? How many orders?

How does it work with games? I believe there are no plug ins or additional software needed so I suppose it does a hrtf on the stereo output of the game?

So many unanswered questions and website is just fluff marketing. There’s no information beyond fluff. No real technical information. The reviews are typical industry standard stuff they have to say to stay in their industry.

I remember from the Nura episode how it was hyped like it would the last headphone you would need. It all made sense all the entire headphone industry takes advantage of the fact that we all have different auricular anatomy. So it’s never one size size fits all and the companies release all these flavors of the same thing at different price points. It’s why nobody can ever agree on headphones. But after it came out it was pretty much a gimmick at the end of the day. It hasn’t revolutionized anything.

It was months of hype before it came out. Months of hype after it came out. And now it’s an “also ran” at best.

Head tracking is cool. But seriously which clown will put another pound of weight on their head on top of a VR headset? Seems to be so big as to double your head size. And with the VR headset it will be triple. How exactly will the head tracking work with VR games?

I understand why audiophile phones need to be big. I can see why people would want planar magnetic. This is highly processed gaming audio. There only two things that really matter: COMFORT and DSP.

As for comfort I hate to say it but nothing comes close to the Bose Stayhear earbuds. No other IEM or earbud is more comfortable. I have not found any over ear headphone I could tolerate for more than an hour without something hurting, irritating or my ears sweating.

As for DSP, ambisonics is the future. Even Dolby Atmos is basically a proprietary implementation of Ambisonics. How does this tie into Ambisonics? What sort of software does the conversion from stereo/5.1/7.1 to B format? If I watch a movie in 7.1 for example, how exactly is this trying to recreate that? In a game how does this capture aural cues?

The only thing it seems to do is introduce a newer and different HRTF. I might be wrong but there is no actual info, just a bunch of marketing.

Beyond that why should it make sense that the HRTF is done in hardware? Sure it can be FW updated but not as easily as just software. As it stands Dolby headphone being sent to a Quietcontrol 30 would be the best configuration for movies.

If Bose adds head tracking to those and releases an alternative DSP software to Dolby for games it would beat this. As it stands the gaming industry needs to tell Dolby, DTS etc to take a hike and go all in on open source Ambisonics. Also someone needs to make knock off Stayhears that don’t infringe on their patent.

This whole concept of needing over the ear headphones for sound stage is ridiculous when DSP is involved. All that can be done in DSP. If you want to be a purist and not use DSP then okay use big bulky headphones with exotic drivers. When DSP gets involved comfort is all that matters in the end.

Like they say in photography, the best camera is the one that you have on you when perfect photo opportunity presents itself. In headphones it’s the one that doesn’t hurt your ears or cause you a sense of dread to put on. I’ve been doing this headphone audio for a long time and it’s come down to this. The best headphone is the one they irritate you. The one that draw your attention to it. The one you don’t need to adjust every 5 minutes. The one that doesn’t make you eventually feel like never using it again.

I suspect this is the reason we see many of us nearly 10-15 pairs around. We say each has its purpose. I think each hurts you a different way and you just feel like taking a different hurt each time you put them on. You ear canal hurts? Take off the IEMs and put on the over ears. Your pinna hurts? Switch to the IEMs.

In today’s DSP driven era I don’t see much use for non purists to suffer with stuff. I am not a purist anymore. DSP can do everything we used do with physical design. Think about the diameter of your eardrum. If you need to feel bass get a butt kicker.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #4,155 of 7,693
What exactly does this do? I’ve been researching it for two hours and still can’t figure it out.

If given a two channel input it runs an hrtf. Okay fine. There’s no detail on how the acoustic room measurement is done. No information on what kind of anatomical analysis it does.

With the nuraphones at least they explained how it measures your ear canal and pinna.

What exactly does it do with 5.1 or 7.1? Does it decode Dolby digital? Does it decode Atmos? What sort of ambisonics does it support? How many orders?

How does it work with games? I believe there are no plug ins or additional software needed so I suppose it does a hrtf on the stereo output of the game?

So many unanswered questions and website is just fluff marketing. There’s no information beyond fluff. No real technical information. The reviews are typical industry standard stuff they have to say to stay in their industry.

I remember from the Nura episode how it was hyped like it would the last headphone you would need. It all made sense all the entire headphone industry takes advantage of the fact that we all have different auricular anatomy. So it’s never one size size fits all and the companies release all these flavors of the same thing at different price points. It’s why nobody can ever agree on headphones. But after it came out it was pretty much a gimmick at the end of the day. It hasn’t revolutionized anything.

It was months of hype before it came out. Months of hype after it came out. And now it’s an “also ran” at best.

Head tracking is cool. But seriously which clown will put another pound of weight on their head on top of a VR headset? Seems to be so big as to double your head size. And with the VR headset it will be triple.

I understand why audiophile phones need to be big. I can see why people would want planar magnetic. This is highly processed gaming audio. There only two things that really matter: COMFORT and DSP.

As for comfort I hate to say it but nothing comes close to the Bose Stayhear earbuds. No other IEM or earbud is more comfortable. I have not found any over ear headphone I could tolerate for more than an hour without something hurting, irritating or my ears sweating.

As for DSP, ambisonics is the future. Even Dolby Atmos is basically a proprietary implementation of Ambisonics. How does this tie into Ambisonics? What sort of software does the conversion from stereo/5.1/7.1 to B format? If I watch a movie in 7.1 for example, how exactly is this trying to recreate that? In a game how does this capture aural cues?

The only thing it seems to do is introduce a newer and different HRTF. I might be wrong but there is no actual info, just a bunch of marketing.

Wow, most of your questions have been answered in this thread many times, if you would have stuck to under five maybe some of us would try to answer some, but I honestly don't even know where to start. Do you seriously expect anyone to take the kind of time it would to explain everything your asking? Just try searching in the thread for the most important things you want to know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back