Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #4,126 of 7,693
Alright,

Back from the MTME headphone meet in Pittsburgh where @AlwaysForward brought his Mobius.

Regarding hiss: I could hear it, but in a meet environment is was heavily reduced and very background-y. But it did permeate music and very quiet scenes in movies, would not have been able to use it if that was the way it came.

Regarding sound: In Default and Flat it sounds fantastic, more forward than most Audeze house sound. In Music preset it sounds awful, like a worse LCD-2, like the treble and mids have just been chopped off.

Overall the DSP feels like it adds compression and only in Flat did it really have any sort of dynamics.

For $249 it's going to be a very solid headphone.

Did you listen to the headphone pre-fix or post-fix?

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #4,127 of 7,693
Alright,

Back from the MTME headphone meet in Pittsburgh where @AlwaysForward brought his Mobius.

Regarding hiss: I could hear it, but in a meet environment is was heavily reduced and very background-y. But it did permeate music and very quiet scenes in movies, would not have been able to use it if that was the way it came.

Regarding sound: In Default and Flat it sounds fantastic, more forward than most Audeze house sound. In Music preset it sounds awful, like a worse LCD-2, like the treble and mids have just been chopped off.

Overall the DSP feels like it adds compression and only in Flat did it really have any sort of dynamics.

AlwaysForward brought a more forward sounding headphone....

Thanks for the short impressions! Did you try it in the hifi mode people have been talking about? I am not particular fond of forward sounding headphones, but I’m still excited to hear this thing. :)

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #4,128 of 7,693
Did you listen to the headphone pre-fix or post-fix?

Pre.

AlwaysForward brought a more forward sounding headphone....

Thanks for the short impressions! Did you try it in the hifi mode people have been talking about? I am not particular fond of forward sounding headphones, but I’m still excited to hear this thing. :)

Yes, I tried it in hifi mode for music and 7.1 for movie. I wouldn't call it 'forward' as much as 'more forward than Audeze house sound'

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #4,129 of 7,693
I am happy to actually get a product from crowdfunding! I am 2 for 5 on these and one of them was a simple cardboard toy figurine. This is just how crowdfunding works. It’s great that they are even within months of their anticipated dates. The other option was Ossic X and that didn’t turn out so well...

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #4,130 of 7,693
I would've just bought the LCD2 with a Modmic if I knew what a ****show this whole production would have been.
Downvote or flag my message all you want but I'm not afraid to show my dissatisfaction with Audeze who has burned my trust at this point.

Good grief, I don't even know where to begin with this one.

You've never participated in a crowdfunded project before, have you? It's not the same as buying off the shelf, and delays and issues happen.

"Burned your trust"?... you post that even now after the Audeze posts what they're doing to fix the problems?

Seriously???

If I were Audeze, I would never use crowdfunding again. Too many impatient, entitled people that expect off-the-shelf retail product and experience for heavily discounted crowdfunded prices.

You want the retail experience and assurances? Pay retail prices through retail channels.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #4,131 of 7,693
Posted this over on the campaign.

Also, I realized I feel as invested in Mobius as if I had a hand in creating it when Audeze did all the hard work. That’s the magic of crowd-funding a product you believe in :wink:.

I'm not sure why people keep posting this statement about crown funding projects taking forever and using it to excuse Audeze's delays here.

Let me first say this isn't intended to be a dig at Audeze. Delays have happened and it is what it is. We are currently waiting for improvement and that's perfectly fine with me.

When your talking about crowd funding delays above...are you talking about crowd funding campaigns initiated by well established companies, or startups? Again, Audeze made it very clear from the get go with this campaign there was a prototype, they are an established company, it was being used to gauge interest, etc.

Saying, "well other crown funding campaigns have taken a year or more or sometimes never came together" doesn't somehow lighten any delays by Audeze. Because Ossic X fell through doesn't mean it's acceptable for Audeze to have a half year delay on Mobius (just a made up number of half year there). So I don't see how it's valuable to point out other start ups have failed here.

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #4,132 of 7,693
Good grief, I don't even know where to begin with this one.

You've never participated in a crowdfunded project before, have you? It's not the same as buying off the shelf, and delays and issues happen.

"Burned your trust"?... you post that even now after the Audeze posts what they're doing to fix the problems?

Seriously???

If I were Audeze, I would never use crowdfunding again. Too many impatient, entitled people that expect off-the-shelf retail product and experience for heavily discounted crowdfunded prices.

You want the retail experience and assurances? Pay retail prices through retail channels.

Sorry, I never participated in a crowdfunding project where the manufacturer went out and actually said its not production and that the risk is very minimal.
The trust was to get it out on the promised timeline as provided by Audeze who used their reputation as a reason that they can meet the deadline.

Like I mentioned if I knew how this would have turned out, I would have just purchased the LCD2C which is MORE expensive than the Mobius. I purchased the headphones on a promise of a certain time, if they were upfront and said that the delivery time was going to be fluid then I WOULDN'T have purchased it. Tbh, if they told me that 5 delays were going to happen, I would not have even entertained purchasing the Mobius.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #4,133 of 7,693
Alright,

Is this based on AlwaysForward's new "fixed" unit that Audeze sent? Because he claimed the hiss was practically gone. You are saying it was audible over top of an audio track during a noisy meet? It was this his originally "hissy" unit?

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #4,134 of 7,693
Is this based on AlwaysForward's new "fixed" unit that Audeze sent? Because he claimed the hiss was practically gone. You are saying it was audible over top of an audio track during a noisy meet? It was this his originally "hissy" unit?

Original, there was some issue with the 'fixed' unit's firmware I believe.

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #4,136 of 7,693
My rule of thumb is take whatever the crowdfunding source says it'll take and double it and pray it even becomes a product.

• My first crowdfunded project was a travel espresso machine, which actually delivered, though over a year late. I dont even remember -- I forgot about it and then it showed up at my door. (and it sucked)
  • My 2nd and 3rd ones delivered 3-6 months late.
  • My next two or three never delivered. Two of them ended up being scams.
  • I crowdfunded Shenmue 3 which is made by a legitimate game developer who has made the Shenmue series, Virtua Fighter series and some very memorable titles of Sega's 80s gaming library. The Kickstarter was supposed to be published and out Dec 2017. It's not even going to be done til sometime in 2019 now at best. Have I lost faith in the developer/company? no.
So... seeing a 2 month delay does not bother me one bit. :)

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #4,137 of 7,693
Sorry, I never participated in a crowdfunding project where the manufacturer went out and actually said its not production and that the risk is very minimal.
The trust was to get it out on the promised timeline as provided by Audeze who used their reputation as a reason that they can meet the deadline.

Like I mentioned if I knew how this would have turned out, I would have just purchased the LCD2C which is MORE expensive than the Mobius. I purchased the headphones on a promise of a certain time, if they were upfront and said that the delivery time was going to be fluid then I WOULDN'T have purchased it. Tbh, if they told me that 5 delays were going to happen, I would not have even entertained purchasing the Mobius.

I feel bad for you

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #4,138 of 7,693
Alright,

I think that is the fixed model he brought to the meet... he already has made posts saying how great the hiss fix has been... so if you can still hear hiss and this is the fixed model... ugh I am cancelling my order. My Monoprice $25 bluetooth headphones don't have any hiss at all... and they are over ear closed back wireless bluetooth as well. 0 noise floor on them. heh

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #4,139 of 7,693
I think that is the fixed model he brought to the meet... he already has made posts saying how great the hiss fix has been... so if you can still hear hiss and this is the fixed model... ugh I am cancelling my order. My Monoprice $25 bluetooth headphones don't have any hiss at all... and they are over ear closed back wireless bluetooth as well. 0 noise floor on them. heh

They’re still adding more tweaks to the final revised version to reduce the noise floor further.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #4,140 of 7,693

Nice meeting you! Take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back