• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 3, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #3,946 of 7,693
When I originally went to DHL's tracking site with my Waybill #, it showed that too, right up until the time I received a notification email that it was being delivered the next day. So the tracking info for the package was never updated along the way from China until it was just about to be delivered.

That's good to know. Hopefully I'll get some kind of an update soon then.

Aug 3, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #3,947 of 7,693
I'm just a lowly pre-orderer, wish I found out about this earlier to be a backer.

I'm on the edge of my seat reading this thread, hoping the noise gets fixed.

Right now I'm amusing myself reading other forum threads about sidetone - hoping all the hiss comes from this, it should be easy to update firmware to allow us to turn sidetone off and get rid of the hiss.

Has anyone muted/detached the microphone and listened for hiss? Does sidetone turn off if mic is removed? If sidetone is running while mic is detached, would there still be hiss?

Wish I had my hands on one so I could help test, I'm enjoying living vicariously thru the posters though.

For users that have these and haven't shipped them for testing, how is sound quality for music compared to other flagship headphones that you own?? Anyone compare these to sennheiser 650? These will be my first planar magnetic, hope its a good intro.

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #3,949 of 7,693
As a gamer I definitely do not want to hear my mic in my headphones. Luckily if it is something that cannot be turned off I'll just use my trusty wired mic. Gamers know how to improvise :) Also related to the hiss which i'm not overly concerned with if it's not very loud. These headphones will still produce the sound of footsteps ect as they get near me and i'm completely confident a little white noise isn't going to drown that out.

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #3,950 of 7,693
Isnt the mic detachable? Or is there a mic built into the headphone that isnt the boom mic? If it is just the detachable mic, then the hiss isnt related unless no one bothered to try it detached.... unless I am missing something else

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #3,951 of 7,693
Aug 3, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #3,952 of 7,693
As the mic can be dismounted, can someone who owns or has the Mobius for testing purposes check if the hiss is gone without the mic attached and thus no sidetone available? If the hiss pertains the sidetone could be not guilty.

Maybe there’s a glitch where the headphone thinks there’s a mic attached even when it’s detached and it’s causing the interference. Just speculation.

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #3,953 of 7,693
Maybe there’s a glitch where the headphone thinks there’s a mic attached even when it’s detached and it’s causing the interference. Just speculation.
When I swivel the mic on my two Sennheiser gaming headsets up the mic is shut off completely and the sidetone on my GSX1000 is disabled too. Sometimes a simple hardware switch can do the trick better than a software solution.

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #3,954 of 7,693
Correct, currently there is no way to turn off the Sidetone feature.

So lets take this to the point of view of a gamer again.

First I'll state; it's just as hard to find a hi-fi minded gamer as it is to find a music one.

-OUCH- A gaming basic headset feature forgotten. Imagine the unboxing experience from a gamer on youtube. Out of the box without an update these are not going to be great experience for gamers unless they are told prior to patch. That's almost laughable that sidetone exists without ability to change and the default is on, this is a feature that's just a quick way to tell the mic is on for the majority of gamers, higher levels of sidetone can even cause distortion; This is not a feature you enable by default and when off you want pure silence from the headset. Mic tests on OS typically take care of most usage cases. Sure this is a feature that can be patched, but feedback from 80% gamers would of picked that up early on.

Any gamer would be pissed if they unboxed and went straight to their PS4 like some folk have already typed and been unable to disable sidetone then being told they had to go to a computer to patch their headset. The only thing that would make that okay is if the resulting experience makes their jaw drop. Check steelseries reddit for some terrible lifestyle posts on software updates and features.

I'm not trying to toss shade out at Audeze; it just feels like they did everything properly except give the headset to actual serious gamers to try out before release (And no this isn't hey pick me post). It's a hindsight thing, a QA thing. I just keep getting this feeling based on past posts, comments, and where they demo'd the hardware; that they set out to make a gaming headset, did their standard great job, but let the last 5% that is actual gamer focused details slip by. For a first time out, these things need to be pointed out. Other bigger companies in the past have made those same mistakes.

I agree, things just get more and more strange with these cans lol. Why on earth would a side talk be on all of the time by default with no way to disable? I would never want or need to hear my own voice during gaming, makes no sense to me at all.

Sure, you can detach the mic and use something else... But this is a gaming headset... Why would I want to use a separate mic?

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #3,955 of 7,693
Regarding Sidetone, Microphone and noise

Microphone can be muted and/or removed. Microphone volume can also be lowered or increased. The low level noise that was reported is not related to the sidetone or microphone.

At present the sidetone is mixed at a constant gain that is designed to be non-intrusive. One could alter the mic sensitivity by changing the mic volume to get bit more control on sidetone.

ps: And yes we will post an update today regarding our diagnosis and fix of the noise issue that was reported

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #3,957 of 7,693
Regarding Sidetone, Microphone and noise

Microphone can be muted and/or removed. Microphone volume can also be lowered or increased. The low level noise that was reported is not related to the sidetone or microphone.

At present the sidetone is mixed at a constant gain that is designed to be non-intrusive. One could alter the mic sensitivity by changing the mic volume to get bit more control on sidetone.

ps: And yes we will post an update today regarding our diagnosis and fix of the noise issue that was reported

Great news that there’s a fix coming! Nice work.

Aug 3, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #3,960 of 7,693
Yes that is the point of using sidetone.

Any plans on giving it an off button in the Windows app? Not everyone wants to hear themselves and it feels stupid to use my modmic on these to get away from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back