• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 3, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #3,931 of 7,693
Already contacted Audeze and there is nothing they can do at this stage to update the address.
Ouch you have me beat for bad timing. My gut tells me that everything will definitely be shipped and delivered at least within two months.
If not, then geez, this delay ended up WAY longer than Audeze and customers originally thought.

Aug 3, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #3,932 of 7,693
Ouch you have me beat for bad timing. My gut tells me that everything will definitely be shipped and delivered at least within two months.
If not, then geez, this delay ended up WAY longer than Audeze and customers originally thought.

It was kind of crazy and didnt quite expect to be purchasing a new home so soon, then when shipping started I figured I still had time... then the delay. Luckily its a relatively local move, so I should be able to just swing by my current house whenever I want (especially since Ill still own it for at least another month or two), but yea, timing was a little crazy.

From what it sounds like though (depending on where you live) shipments seem to take less than a week once they are actually underway. So hopefully they get back underway asap and we both get ours in time.

Aug 3, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #3,933 of 7,693
Yeah, the transit time on the shipments seems really short. At least when they eventually do ship, they arrive really quickly. I was hoping to have Mobius for my holidays, but since I'm on said holidays now... It didn't happen lol.

Really hoping for some positive news today on the status of everything.

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #3,934 of 7,693
It was kind of crazy and didnt quite expect to be purchasing a new home so soon, then when shipping started I figured I still had time... then the delay. Luckily its a relatively local move, so I should be able to just swing by my current house whenever I want (especially since Ill still own it for at least another month or two), but yea, timing was a little crazy.

From what it sounds like though (depending on where you live) shipments seem to take less than a week once they are actually underway. So hopefully they get back underway asap and we both get ours in time.

In the worst case, you should be able to go online and create an account with the delivery service company (mine was DHL), and once you have your tracking number, you can alter the delivery instructions so that they deliver to a neighbour, who can then forward the package to your new address for you (assuming you get along with your neighbours :wink:) I had to create an account with DHL so I could pre-pay my customs and duties, and I'm pretty sure I saw something on the tracking page to update the delivery instructions. I know that UPS offers a "leave at your neighbour" option in their delivery instructions dropdown on their website. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #3,935 of 7,693
I'm very okay with a delay for my order to get a perfect product (or good enough anyway). I joined to get the price tier on something I wanted, not because I needed headphones ASAP. So I'm glad to see the various bugs that pop up are attended to right away, so far, instead of Audeze just proceeding to ship everything and saying "well, it is what it is, we'll release some firmware updates down the road or improve the future iterations". (Or, as some camera companies do, release Mobius Mark II with the fixes a year from now).

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #3,936 of 7,693
I thought I had the option of going up to the DHL

In the worst case, you should be able to go online and create an account with the delivery service company (mine was DHL), and once you have your tracking number, you can alter the delivery instructions so that they deliver to a neighbour, who can then forward the package to your new address for you (assuming you get along with your neighbours :wink: I had to create an account with DHL so I could pre-pay my customs and duties, and I'm pretty sure I saw something on the tracking page to update the delivery instructions. I know that UPS offers a "leave at your neighbour" option in their delivery instructions dropdown on their website.

Good to know. As long as I still own my house, I should be fine, I think. Of course if it requires a signature I wont be home to get it since I wont live at my house as of next Saturday. But whenever shipments start up again, I will check and see if there are any options available to me.

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #3,937 of 7,693
Good to know. As long as I still own my house, I should be fine, I think. Of course if it requires a signature I wont be home to get it since I wont live at my house as of next Saturday. But whenever shipments start up again, I will check and see if there are any options available to me.

DHL didn't require any signature when they delivered my Mobius, as I had already pre-paid duties and indicated via delivery instructions that they could just "leave at front door" if I wasn't home (yeah.....I'm a trusting kind'a guy).

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #3,938 of 7,693
I get a perfect seal/coverage, as I don't have glasses. Perhaps a break in the seal due to glasses or another factor doesn't allow for the phenomenon of less hiss as the cups compress.

If @Vader2k can't deal with the hiss, I trust his opinion, and stand by those that take issue with it. There just has to be some variance unaccounted for. I would be 100% fine with buying the pair I have. The fact so many of you get invasive hiss just doesn't represent what I have. It's a shame because if it was as low as mine is, I don't think there would be this many people talking about it. It's there, but just not on that level.

I didn't get a chance to use my pair last night as I fell asleep updating my PC. But I am curious to try them without my glasses on too see how much they're affecting the seal.

But yeah, the hiss unfortunately remains apparent too frequently. I think variance is a definite possibility too. I was hoping to experience the same "melting away" of the hiss as you described, as I felt that behavior would be acceptable to deal with. The current state of the issue isn't something I'm angry about, though. Just a bit bummed out and disappointed since everything else about these overall are exciting. I remain hopeful for Audeze' resolution.

Hiss issues aside for a moment...side talk - is there no setting with Mobius to allow you to speak through the mic without hearing your own voice come through the headphones?

Correct, currently there is no way to turn off the Sidetone feature.

I have AKG Kxx and they have the suspension band and do hurt my noggin. Then again I have a large head and did just smack my head hard enough at the top to give myself a concussion right before I got them, so maybe I’m still healing,

Yeah, I too have the K7XX and despite being suspension, they also cause me pain after a short while. For me it's due to there being no padding on that leather piece, so that's why I wrap the memory foam seat belt cover around it.

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #3,939 of 7,693
DHL didn't require any signature when they delivered my Mobius, as I had already pre-paid duties and indicated via delivery instructions that they could just "leave at front door" if I wasn't home (yeah.....I'm a trusting kind'a guy).

I think US shipments are DHL too (at least I remember reading that somewhere). I am fairly trusting too, have never had a package stolen at my current address, so fingers crossed I didnt just jinx myself. But again, thanks for the info. Looks like as long as delivery happens for me within the next couple months (and I dont see any reason why it shouldnt), worse case scenario will just be a slight inconvenience to travel to a house I no longer live in.

Aug 3, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #3,940 of 7,693
I contacted DHL as others posted they were able to after their Mobius was returned to shipper and they were not able to provide a new waybill for the updated shipment despite what was posted here. Would just like to be able to track the delivery but I’ll keep an eye out over the next two days. Audeze indicated the undelivered items weren’t intercepted and will still be delivered this week under a new tracking #.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #3,941 of 7,693
I contacted DHL as others posted they were able to after their Mobius was returned to shipper and they were not able to provide a new waybill for the updated shipment despite what was posted here. Would just like to be able to track the delivery but I’ll keep an eye out over the next two days. Audeze indicated the undelivered items weren’t intercepted and will still be delivered this week under a new tracking #.

So even though I did get a new waybill number from DHL it's still not showing any movement at all. Just says the label was created. I'm not really confident that it was actually shipped.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #3,942 of 7,693
So even though I did get a new waybill number from DHL it's still not showing any movement at all. Just says the label was created. I'm not really confident that it was actually shipped.

I would be okay with Audeze being in possession of our Mobius shipments until there’s an update on the white noise issue but based on what @KMann said the units that were returned to sender should still be delivered this week. Don’t really care too much about when I get it, just want to know whether I should be on the lookout for DHL... it’s a little frustrating that the original tracking doesn’t work if the packages are still in transit.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #3,943 of 7,693
I would be okay with Audeze being in possession of our Mobius shipments until there’s an update on the white noise issue but based on what @KMann said the units that were returned to sender should still be delivered this week. Don’t really care too much about when I get it, just want to know whether I should be on the lookout for DHL... it’s a little frustrating that the original tracking doesn’t work if the packages are still in transit.

I feel exactly the same way. I don't mind waiting, but when I'm told specifically that the package is on it's way I'd like to be able to have accurate tracking for it.

Aug 3, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #3,944 of 7,693
Correct, currently there is no way to turn off the Sidetone feature.

So lets take this to the point of view of a gamer again.

First I'll state; it's just as hard to find a hi-fi minded gamer as it is to find a music one.

-OUCH- A gaming basic headset feature forgotten. Imagine the unboxing experience from a gamer on youtube. Out of the box without an update these are not going to be great experience for gamers unless they are told prior to patch. That's almost laughable that sidetone exists without ability to change and the default is on, this is a feature that's just a quick way to tell the mic is on for the majority of gamers, higher levels of sidetone can even cause distortion; This is not a feature you enable by default and when off you want pure silence from the headset. Mic tests on OS typically take care of most usage cases. Sure this is a feature that can be patched, but feedback from 80% gamers would of picked that up early on.

Any gamer would be pissed if they unboxed and went straight to their PS4 like some folk have already typed and been unable to disable sidetone then being told they had to go to a computer to patch their headset. The only thing that would make that okay is if the resulting experience makes their jaw drop. Check steelseries reddit for some terrible lifestyle posts on software updates and features.

I'm not trying to toss shade out at Audeze; it just feels like they did everything properly except give the headset to actual serious gamers to try out before release (And no this isn't hey pick me post). It's a hindsight thing, a QA thing. I just keep getting this feeling based on past posts, comments, and where they demo'd the hardware; that they set out to make a gaming headset, did their standard great job, but let the last 5% that is actual gamer focused details slip by. For a first time out, these things need to be pointed out. Other bigger companies in the past have made those same mistakes.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #3,945 of 7,693

When I originally went to DHL's tracking site with my Waybill #, it showed that too, right up until the time I received a notification email that it was being delivered the next day. So the tracking info for the package was never updated along the way from China until it was just about to be delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back