• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 26, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #2,131 of 7,693
Right, if I remember correctly the Music preset was designed to be used with the surround effects. I’m curious what that means in practice. Hoping we get a FR graph for each preset.
With the spatialization in general... Most music is in stereo. I think a lot people who give it a chance (and play with room size) are really gonna like these for speaker emulation.

Jun 26, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #2,132 of 7,693
Hmm, there is no "country" in that shipping details and the form follows as it would be adressed to an US citizen with state/province and city but no country

I updated mine and put the country in the "Address Line 2" box just to be safe (Australia)

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #2,133 of 7,693
.Pi​
Am I the only one that didn’t get the email? Not in spam either. I don’t need to change my address so I’m not concerned but this has been a long Christmas Eve.

I didn't either.
Contacted support and they want to sort thinks out, thoug in the meantime I already figured out why I didn't get anything (at first). Seems that Audeze doesn't renew your email adress if you change it on indiegogo.
Had another one that I originally made the purchase with and behold: it had the email from Audeze.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #2,134 of 7,693
The default preset roughly follows the Harman curve, while flat is as it sounds. The music preset is a question mark but V-shaped would make the most sense if we were to guess.

Anyone know if the presets are variable based on the dB output of the headphones? The Harman Curve is just one compensation for the Fletcher–Munson curves, which change shape depending on the dB. Therefor the ideal Fletcher–Munson Curve compensation is a variable compensation based on the dB output of the headphone (or speaker). Only headphones with an integrated amplifier that knows the output dB at any given point in time can ideally vary the Fletcher–Munson Curve compensation (incidentally this is why some people listen to some headphones too loud - they are changing the equalization of the sound by varying the dB, when really what they should do is either use an EQ at a lower volume or use a different headphone that performs more closely to their ideal at a lower dB output). One of the only sites I'm aware of that shows test results for headphones and plots the response curves at various dB points is reference-audio-analyzer.pro, look at the second graph on this page to see how the LCD-2 plots for instance to see what I mean:

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/audeze-lcd-2.php

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #2,135 of 7,693
My email for address verification was in my junk box too. Still no details about shipment yet :frowning2:. Just that they are still on target to ship them all by the end of July. Has anyone else found more details about the time frame. I'm in the "Critical Hit!" group (*Team Blue)

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #2,136 of 7,693
You've saved a lot of money. :) For me (and many of my friends), the differences were VERY profound. With the Mobius, neither is required...IMO a big advantage on saving even more $$$!

yep, i am happy to take one less brick, ie mojo with me. :p but i didn't realize how big mobius compared with my broken sine. shame that the mobius unlikely to support dsd or 24/192 flac native.

yep, if my ears can't tell the difference, what's the point of spending on it? no one would know what the black box, either mojo/hugo 2 do anyway. i so much wished that mobius got a more low profile appearance, so that no one knows what it is either.

Jun 26, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #2,138 of 7,693
Anyone know if the presets are variable based on the dB output of the headphones? The Harman Curve is just one compensation for the Fletcher–Munson curves, which change shape depending on the dB. Therefor the ideal Fletcher–Munson Curve compensation is a variable compensation based on the dB output of the headphone (or speaker). Only headphones with an integrated amplifier that knows the output dB at any given point in time can ideally vary the Fletcher–Munson Curve compensation (incidentally this is why some people listen to some headphones too loud - they are changing the equalization of the sound by varying the dB, when really what they should do is either use an EQ at a lower volume or use a different headphone that performs more closely to their ideal at a lower dB output). One of the only sites I'm aware of that shows test results for headphones and plots the response curves at various dB points is reference-audio-analyzer.pro, look at the second graph on this page to see how the LCD-2 plots for instance to see what I mean:

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/audeze-lcd-2.php

I didn't know Harmon was DB dependant for it's shape. I'd love to see this on the Mobius. @KMann , is this how it acts?

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #2,139 of 7,693
I didn't know Harmon was DB dependant for it's shape. I'd love to see this on the Mobius. @KMann , is this how it acts?

No, the shape is always the same which is the "problem" or rather blessing(?). The Fletcher-Munson curve changes shape depending on db since different frequencies travel different distances.
Harman is always simulating the sweet spot. Changing that (while interesting) doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #2,140 of 7,693
No, the shape is always the same which is the "problem" or rather blessing(?). The Fletcher-Munson curve changes shape depending on db since different frequencies travel different distances.
Harmon is always simulating the sweet spot. Changing that (while interesting) doesn't really make sense.

At what decibel level would Harman’s static curve be considered ideal?

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #2,143 of 7,693
Mine was in the junk mail folder as well. Arrived late Monday night.

Jun 27, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #2,145 of 7,693
I moved from Canada to France and now i'm being told they can't change the country of shipping. "Hope you enjoy your new mobius" the one that won't be shipped to me?.

Just contact them and of course they'll sort you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back