• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #2,146 of 7,693
I moved from Canada to France and now i'm being told they can't change the country of shipping. "Hope you enjoy your new mobius" the one that won't be shipped to me?.

It means you can't use the just use the email to change your address. You have to go through Audeze's customer service. Relax, they're not Trump! No zero tolerance rules going on. :)

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #2,147 of 7,693
You have to go through Audeze's customer service. Relax, they're not Trump! No zero tolerance rules going on. :)
Eh, my only experience with their customer service was pretty zero tolerance policy. I ordered headphones from them, and had my orders silently cancelled (no contact from Audeze about it), and when I spoke to them and asked what I could do to get that order un-cancelled, they basically told me to get lost. It was so disappointing to see one of my favorite headphone manufacturers treat their customers like that.

Apparently it's not an uncommon occurrence, even the crappy treatment from customer service. Here's an article I found awhile ago about it.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-pa...uld-get-you-flagged-as-a-fraudster-1524139200

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #2,148 of 7,693
Eh, my only experience with their customer service was pretty zero tolerance policy. I ordered headphones from them, and had my orders silently cancelled (no contact from Audeze about it), and when I spoke to them and asked what I could do to get that order un-cancelled, they basically told me to get lost. It was so disappointing to see one of my favorite headphone manufacturers treat their customers like that.

Apparently it's not an uncommon occurrence, even the crappy treatment from customer service. Here's an article I found awhile ago about it.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-pa...uld-get-you-flagged-as-a-fraudster-1524139200

Unfortunately, the amount of fraudsters who try to 'score' stuff from us is quite high. Everyday, we get quite a bit of fake / fraudulent orders. Our staff at the office is neither equipped not trained in fraud detection. So we use external service like Riskified. It is also very stressful for the employees handling, since many of the fraudsters use very sophisticated 'social engineering' techniques. There are even forums and websites dedicated to this sort. You need an online ID card or receipt, there are even photoshop templates. Audeze and other high-end vendors are targeted since the value they can get by 'scoring' one item is quite high. In some of the forums once you 'score' a small item and prove you belong, you can get entry into member's only area. It is very hard for us to keep up. So we decided to use professional services like Riskified. Many companies our size use them also. We think this is a reasonable policy and many of our peers in the industry also follow it.

>>they basically told me to get lost
Hmm. For the last few years we have had the same people in customer service and essentially the same policy. Who did you talk to ?
If it gets rejected on our site, we ask the customer to buy the product from Amazon or from a local dealer who has additional means to verify the orders.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 27, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #2,149 of 7,693
I moved from Canada to France and now i'm being told they can't change the country of shipping. "Hope you enjoy your new mobius" the one that won't be shipped to me?.

Can you ship to a Canadian friend who can ship to you or cancel your order? This doesn't sound like the typical a-plus @Audeze customer service but I'm sure they're swamped right now

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #2,150 of 7,693
Unfortunately, the amount of fraudsters who try to 'score' stuff from us is quite high. Everyday, we get quite a bit of fake / fraudulent orders. Our staff at the office is neither equipped not trained in fraud detection. So we use external service like Riskified. It is also very stressful for the employees handling, since many of the fraudsters use very sophisticated 'social engineering' techniques. There are even forums and websites dedicated to this sort. You need an online ID card or receipt, there are even photoshop templates. Audeze and other high-end vendors are targeted since the value they can get by 'scoring' one item is quite high. In some of the forums once you 'score' a small item and prove you belong, you can get entry into member's only area. It is very hard for us to keep up. So we decided to use professional services like Riskified. Many companies our size use them also. We think this is a reasonable policy and many of our peers in the industry also follow it.

Hmm. For the last few years we have had the same people in customer service and essentially the same policy. Who did you talk to ?
If it gets rejected on our site, we ask the customer to buy the product from Amazon or from a local dealer who has additional means to verify the orders.

I work in online retail and can also confirm this. Scammers and thieves are moving from brick and mortar to online stores. It's really surprising to see all the different methods those guys use to get free product. It's very frustrating, as it sometimes can hurt the consumer support experience. I do not blame you guys for using a 3rd party service, it's hard to keep up with the constantly evolving scams.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #2,151 of 7,693

Can you offer him some kind of method to fix it? Assuming you do have the records..... And he has his credentials. There must be a way. It can't really be as black and white as Audeze not handling any of their own situations like this, right?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2,152 of 7,693

Why did you wait until the last minute to report this change though? That really wasn't a very good idea at all....

If it were me, I'd probably take it in my own hands and ship to a friend in Canada. A drag, but unless audeze can offer a quick remedy, it's a solution.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #2,153 of 7,693

I understand your situation, but at the same time have never had this issue with any other online company ever, even high end audio companies, dive gear companies (just as expensive and small as Audeze headphones), and others, which makes it hard to accept this as the only option. And even with that being the case, the unwillingness to even consider an appeal is hugely disappointing. I can understand Riskified, but not with zero appeal.

I don't remember who I spoke to, it was a couple years ago. I mentioned I was a member here, had been for a long time, and said I'd be willing to provide any information, documentation, or proof necessary to prove my identity, and in turn I was told they weren't willing to look into it, and was simply told Audeze was no longer willing to sell to me and there was nothing I could do about it (that's not even an exaggeration). This is after I called you guys because you also weren't even willing to tell me my order was cancelled, I was dreaming about listening to headphones that were never going to come, and had already been cancelled. That's certainly not out of your hands.

Unfortunately, at the time I was a college student with almost no money to my name. I'd been pining for a set of Audeze's for years and finally was able to get a set because of some intense discount you were having for some reason or another. Buying from Amazon was not an option, as I could not afford them for the price they were on Amazon. I unfortunately never got those headphones. I also tried to buy a pair of LCD-2C's years later and the same thing happened. Unfortunately, this was during the pre-release sale and so were not available on Amazon (or from anywhere else, even my dealer). Waiting was also not an option, as they were meant to be a christmas present, and no one would have them in stock until a couple months after Christmas. Fortunately, I was able to ask a family member to grab them for me and everything worked out, but it very easily could not have, which would have not only made things months late, but at a higher cost too.

Of course, it's not the end of the world, I'll live, but it is far outside of the usual experience with a company like yours, and it looks bad. Up until recently, I refused to buy anything from Audeze, and I'm still wary today. And it worries me, if you start doing this as your company grows, your reputation can really be hurt.

Like I said before, my issue wasn't with Riskified, but with your response to it all. Give customers like me *some* kind of way to buy from you, since it seems Riskified is rife with false positives, and you often offer things to customers of your website that you don't offer to your Amazon customers. Would Amazon Pay work? You said they're able to verify buyers more effectively than you can. It even says on their site it works through your own website and store, and provides their fraud protection. No other company has ever treated me like this, and it really sucks because it's a company I really like.

I want to throw money at you and be a big ol' Audeze fanboy, but this situation is making it really tough.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #2,154 of 7,693
I was preoccupied getting my visa sorted out to work in France so I forgot about changing my address, I assumed it would be simple to change it.

I already contacted audeze support and they told me I cannot change the country of shipment then ended it with "Enjoy your Mobius".

Of course I won't be able to enjoy my Mobius if I can't get it shipped to me.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #2,155 of 7,693
Can you offer him some kind of method to fix it? Assuming you do have the records..... And he has his credentials. There must be a way. It can't really be as black and white as not dying any of your own handling of situations like this, right?
It is not easy. We accept payment by wire or check (and wait until it clears before shipping). We offer almost all our products through Amazon as well. Amazon has much more sophisticated security solutions and we offer the customer a second option. When we used to verify manually, we have received even copies of fake IDs, passports etc by email. We have no way of verifying if it is the same person or if it is a stolen card. Proxy servers are used to hide IP addresses. The fraudsters are also very sophisticated. They call immediately after placing an order and kick and scream that they need the product next morning, since it is a gift for their father/son/husband etc for an event the next day and need the product as soon as possible. It puts enormous pressure and stress on our employees.
We are planning to add Amazon Pay soon. The number of false positives we get through Riskified is very low. We are frustrated by it as well and are always looking to improve it. If it was 2 years ago, when we were just getting setup with Riskified, it is possible we did not have back-up plans. But nowadays, we offer most products on Amazon and also provide alternatives.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 27, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #2,156 of 7,693
G
I was preoccupied getting my visa sorted out to work in France so I forgot about changing my address, I assumed it would be simple to change it.

I already contacted audeze support and they told me I cannot change the country of shipment then ended it with "Enjoy your Mobius".

Of course I won't be able to enjoy my Mobius if I can't get it shipped to me.

Get a Po box.
Change the address to that..
Have them ship to France.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #2,157 of 7,693
We are planning to add Amazon Pay soon.
That's great! That's all I wanted, some kind of alternative verification method. Hopefully some day soon I'll be able to buy from you guys again.

Though out of curiosity, how would you know how many false positives you get through riskified? If you know it's a false positive, why wouldn't the problem be fixed?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #2,159 of 7,693
That's great! That's all I wanted, some kind of alternative verification method. Hopefully some day soon I'll be able to buy from you guys again.

Though out of curiosity, how would you know how many false positives you get through riskified? If you know it's a false positive, why wouldn't the problem be fixed?
Riskified rejection rate is quite low and if it is a legitimate customer, they almost always contact us. We speak to many of them and work with local distributors or dealers to get them a unit. On the flipside, we have had only one charge back in the last 12 months. We also know how painful it can be. One of our dealers (who was also a Head-Fi sponsor) almost went out of business because of fraud.

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,160 of 7,693
Riskified rejection rate is quite low and if it is a legitimate customer, they almost always contact us. We speak to many of them and work with local distributors or dealers to get them a unit.
That's good to know. It must have not been a policy when I had my problems. And I am glad you're trying to make things better for your customers. Audeze has been doing a lot right with their headphones (the LCD-2C is a culmination of basically everything I had been asking you guys to change about the LCD series, and you nailed it while somehow lowering the price too. And Mobius so far seems to be pretty much everything I wanted from a portable over-ear Audeze (something I've been wishing for for ages) plus the addition of waves and bluetooth). You're kickin' ass and I want it to stay that way. :)

By the way, has the earcup/pad depth been released yet? Curious to see how they'll deal with my ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back