• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Apr 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #1,098 of 7,693
With Oculus or Vive, you can turn off the Mobius 3D processing. You can connect to the PC using analog, USB or bluetooth.

You can listen wirelessly with processing off.

Thanks guys! This means I can have a completely wireless VR experience with no compromises as well. Most VR games already do 3D audio and so you can get away with 2.1 stereo over the Bluetooth no problem.

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #1,099 of 7,693
3,333 Backers! :gs1000smile:

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 06.48.35.png

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #1,100 of 7,693
No, no, I mean people who aren't comfortable using the boom mic in public have tons of options for other microphones to connect, e.g. the lav mics which can be attached to your collar in an inconspicuous manner with the cable running below your shirt, but which will probably work better than any additional, built-in mic you could add.

the "idea" IS to use it OTG as a music HPs connected to mobile phone via BT and if occasional call comes you do not have to fiddle with any cables - build in mic would be ideal - micro mic with 3.5mm is OK but any cables or boom mic is just over the top
it is for occasional usage as a means to communicate overt the phone not as a main way of doing it.
one again just to be extra clear - no cables

The whole point of a built in back up mic, would be simply to talk on the phone on the fly.... smartphone speakerphone mic quality is all were taking about. It's not at all a deal breaker. But I can see the usefulness.
^^^^This

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #1,102 of 7,693
If I end up buying this, it will be my first planar magnetic headphone. Has anyone compared the sound to the HE-400i yet? (That's my main planar frame of reference.)
While I don't have the 400I, I have the original HE-400 rev. 2, and I MUCH prefer the tonal balance of the Mobius. I wouldn't even consider the HE400 now after listening to the Mobius. And that's coming from someone who is on the 3rd/4th pair of HE-400 headphones.

The ONLY thing that'd I want that the Mobius lacks is a pair of ear pads that have some velour/cloth material where it rests on your face. Like the Hifiman Focus pads, but without altering the sound. Literally the same pads the Mobius has now, just with a stitched on layer of cloth, on the very top. That's just personal gripe since I don't oersonally ever own a pair of headphones that aren't velouur or similar material.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #1,103 of 7,693
Regarding mic, I really wish Audeze went with retractable boom mic on Mobius. I'll be using Mobius at work with 80% music and 20% skype calls usage. While it's better than my current setup, having boom mic in my face when I'm just listening to music is incredibly distracting, and while I could just plug/unplug microphone as needed, that's also annoying.

I really like how SteelSeries Arctis 7 handled the mic, that IMO is the perfect solution. Pull out mic when needed, retract it when you don't. I really wish Mobius was built like that and I'll be really pissed if Mobius V2 will have retractable mic.

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #1,104 of 7,693
Regarding mic, I really wish Audeze went with retractable boom mic on Mobius. I'll be using Mobius at work with 80% music and 20% skype calls usage. While it's better than my current setup, having boom mic in my face when I'm just listening to music is incredibly distracting, and while I could just plug/unplug microphone as needed, that's also annoying.

I really like how SteelSeries Arctis 7 handled the mic, that IMO is the perfect solution. Pull out mic when needed, retract it when you don't. I really wish Mobius was built like that and I'll be really pissed if Mobius V2 will have retractable mic.
I like that it's removable since it means I can easily replace it if it breaks... I've had too many gaming headsets ruined because the mic died on them.

Apr 17, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,110 of 7,693

Users who are viewing this thread

Back