• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Apr 15, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #1,082 of 7,693
Or maybe there is like very tiny mic that can be plugged into Mobius - so I do not look a bit stupid on public transport ;]]] when I am making calls

Doubt the sound quality would be very good if you're making calls w/o something close to your mouth on public transportation.
I always have to hold the cable mic fairly close on IEMs even on the street or others can't hear me well enough...

If you're using big cans on public transportation, you'll look weird enough that a boom mic won't matter :wink:

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,083 of 7,693
Doubt the sound quality would be very good if you're making calls w/o something close to your mouth on public transportation.
I always have to hold the cable mic fairly close on IEMs even on the street or others can't hear me well enough...

If you're using big cans on public transportation, you'll look weird enough that a boom mic won't matter :wink:

I can attest that while a built-in mic might be more convenient than a boom mic (something less to loose) the built-ins just don't perform well. Likely the distance from the headphone to your mouth. I have tested several headphones w/built-in mics and the results were disappointing. Universally, the folks at the other end of the call stated that I sounded like I was in a tunnel and muffled. This was not the case when using a wired or boom mic.

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #1,084 of 7,693
I don't think anyone is questions whether there should be a boom mic OR built in mic but BOTH the 3.5mm boom mic and a crappy/cheap built-in (that doesn't drag up the cost) is the argument here that will be used very occasionally for people on the go to answer calls from friends or family (not primarily business use).

Pretty much any built in mic is bad compared to a boom mic but at least it's better than having none. Adding a $5 manufacturing cost for a built-in mic on top of the boom mic connectivity might be worth it. I don't personally have a need for it but I'd still vote for it in a poll as it would make it a more complete package. It's probably something only 5~10% of Mobius interested users need but it's worth that $5 investment.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #1,085 of 7,693
This is the second or third time on this thread someone has said that using over-ear headphones on public transportation is weird. I don't understand it - I see people using over-ears all the time! I don't think it's impolite, either, as you're not intruding on anyone else's space, and I've never heard sound bleeding out.
I was planning on using the Mobius for public transportation :frowning2: I do think that the boom mic will put it over the top.

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #1,087 of 7,693
This is the second or third time on this thread someone has said that using over-ear headphones on public transportation is weird. I don't understand it - I see people using over-ears all the time! I don't think it's impolite, either, as you're not intruding on anyone else's space, and I've never heard sound bleeding out.
I was planning on using the Mobius for public transportation :frowning2: I do think that the boom mic will put it over the top.
I'm on the ASU campus quite often and see people wearing over-ear cans all the time. It's really not that strange.

As for the mic, can't people just get a small 3.5 microphone for it? Or one of those cable mics that people clip on their shirts? I understand that it's not as easy as having a built-in one, but at least it's an option.

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #1,088 of 7,693
I'm on the ASU campus quite often and see people wearing over-ear cans all the time. It's really not that strange.

As for the mic, can't people just get a small 3.5 microphone for it? Or one of those cable mics that people clip on their shirts? I understand that it's not as easy as having a built-in one, but at least it's an option.

I second this. There are tons of inexpensive lav mics ("Lavalier/Lapel microphone") with 3.5mm jacks available (amazon, etc), and they'll probably give you a much better sound than some built in microphone.

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #1,090 of 7,693
I second this. There are tons of inexpensive lav mics ("Lavalier/Lapel microphone") with 3.5mm jacks available (amazon, etc), and they'll probably give you a much better sound than some built in microphone.
The key is to make it work with USB/Bluetooth and Analog seamlessly. We are looking into various options on how to get this done elegantly. In the meantime we have made huge improvements in the boom microphone making it directional. Compared to the early samples we showed at CES/CanJam etc, we went back and redesigned the boom mic with venting to create a more natural sounding mic. We will ship the new mic as default to all pre-orders.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #1,092 of 7,693
Just a quick question, I should turn off the headtracking and 3D processing for VR games correct? Does this mean I can use them wirelessly with VR?
With Oculus or Vive, you can turn off the Mobius 3D processing. You can connect to the PC using analog, USB or bluetooth.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #1,093 of 7,693
The key is to make it work with USB/Bluetooth and Analog seamlessly. We are looking into various options on how to get this done elegantly. In the meantime we have made huge improvements in the boom microphone making it directional. Compared to the early samples we showed at CES/CanJam etc, we went back and redesigned the boom mic with venting to create a more natural sounding mic. We will ship the new mic as default to all pre-orders.

No, no, I mean people who aren't comfortable using the boom mic in public have tons of options for other microphones to connect, e.g. the lav mics which can be attached to your collar in an inconspicuous manner with the cable running below your shirt, but which will probably work better than any additional, built-in mic you could add.

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #1,094 of 7,693
This looks really exciting! I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger, but I'm curious if the play/pause button can be used for next/previous if double/triple-clicked like on most headphones. Very useful for podcasts, etc.

Also wondering if the 3D positioning technology can be accessed programmatically (or if there are plans to do so in the future). Would be very interested in making games or other software with this feature in mind!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #1,095 of 7,693
I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger, but I'm curious if the play/pause button can be used for next/previous if double/triple-clicked like on most headphones.
Yes Play/Pause/Next/Previous will be accessible via buttons.
This looks really exciting! I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger, but I'm curious if the play/pause button can be used for next/previous if double/triple-clicked like on most headphones. Very useful for podcasts, etc.

Also wondering if the 3D positioning technology can be accessed programmatically (or if there are plans to do so in the future). Would be very interested in making games or other software with this feature in mind!
Yes. Please refer to Sankar's post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back