• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 19, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #543 of 7,693
I can't say because I haven't heard the isine. I can't comment on headphones i haven't heard. Sorry.
Well thanks for responding anyway I'm just mentally trying to wrap my head around how and why these are so affordable comparitvely lol. I've also
I can't say because I haven't heard the isine. I can't comment on headphones i haven't heard. Sorry.
Well it was worth a shot. I'm rolling the dice on it but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #544 of 7,693
Well thanks for responding anyway I'm just mentally trying to wrap my head around how and why these are so affordable comparitvely lol. I've also

Well it was worth a shot. I'm rolling the dice on it but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I would think there are a few reasons they are cheaper (don’t forget retail will be $399 though, not the discount Indiegogo price). Also they aren’t paying for MFi licensing and certification and there isn’t a Cipher cable.

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #545 of 7,693
Welp, guess it's a good thing I went ahead and just bit the bullet at $259 earlier this past weekend. Wow, Audeze sure got a TON of money past the goal for this headset. @Mad Lust Envy pretty much sold me on these things so I suppose we will hope together the final production pair sounds as good as the prototype.

Oh, and Team Copper. Almost went with blue since the color reminded me of the old Ace Combat 4 artwork with "Mobius 1" on the front cover. Perhaps Audeze could team up with Bandai Namco to create an Ace Combat 7 branded version of this headset?

Mar 19, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #547 of 7,693
Within the first 50 so I can’t wait to be one of the first to give Mobius an extensive, probably extremely glowing review. I’ve been watching the Indiegogo video over and it seems obvious to me how much Audeze paid attention to the finer details like comfort. These may very well be best-in-class in areas like comfort as well.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #548 of 7,693
Hi all,

I picked the Copper accent!

@Audeze @KMann @Mad Lust Envy

Are those 2 whitish circles on the top side of the cups air vents? In one of the presentation videos(3:15 of 5:48 minute length) a finger is pressing on the pads and I can see through a space between pad and housing to the table below.Are the earpads and pad housing airtight when worn or possibly another ventilation system similar to the t50rp mk3 pad mounting? I'd like to see some clearer pics of the underside to get a better idea of how these fit the driver cups and seal.

Scroll wheel volume/preset look great and hope its pga.

Count me in as wishing some potential remaing dsp cycles/storage for a 2 or 3 slot user created eq. I envision it based in the included windows app then transferred to the phones dsp as a scrollable preset. Perhaps a personalised config file could be created and shared with other Mobius owners(using the onboard dac/amp for consistant repeatable results) to tweak, scroll through and compare notes. I believe the Turtle Beach Px5 did something similar years ago. This would be an elegant solution for whichever connection method or device the Mobius is currently connected to, and I bet used frequently. Set at home, utilise on the go!

The headphones look quite durable in the video with all the twisting. Are those metal parts on the copper coloured part near the swivel?

Has the Audeze team any expreience using Toneboosters Isone vst(stereo)? Would the Mobius virtual room/hrtf end result compare? So cool to have the possibility in a portable setup, in addition having a head tracking feature for added soundspace realism. My experience using Isone has helped greatly with mitigating ear fatigue during long sessions.

I currently use a self modded pair of t50rp mk2's connected to a 70's Technics SA-8000x reciever for amplification, an Earstudio(noise free) as dac. All the power I could hope for but the Technics background hiss is higher than I'd like. I'm wondering when production specs will be finalised and will there be more info soon regarding the built in dac/amplifier noise floor(noted by MLE in his pre production review)? Hoping this will be a solid upgrade from my current setup.

Good to know the Reveal plugin will be compatible with the Mobius!

It was mentioned the flat setting is without eq dsp active. I assume that doesn't necessarily mean flat headphone frequency response, just no implemented eq whatsoever.I too would like to use these for creative purposes(Mobius 3.5mm aux jack - Ultralite Avb to compliment Motu's headphone output) and my portable 4mic Samson recorder(field recordings using aux 3.5)
An onboard neutral response preset would be most helpfull for creative types.

MLE: When you tested the bluetooth function absent of the ldac, do you happen to know whether sbc or aac was implemented?

Looking forward to getting my hands on this fascinating multitool!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #549 of 7,693
There are three circles in the front and rear sides of the right cup. What it's for I have no clue. It's only on one cup, so I have my doubts on it pertaining to affecting sq. Perhaps something for the head tracking? They don't let any sounds out in any case.

The body of the Mobius absolutely all plastic of a good kind.

IdI say normal use shouldn't bring any problems unless you're an abusive animal, lol.

As for what Bluetooth codecs it used in my testing, I 100% could not tell you. I know next to nothing in this field and how it works.

Hi all,

I picked the Copper accent!

@Audeze @Kman @Mad Lust Envy

Are those 2 whitish circles on the top side of the cups air vents? In one of the presentation videos(3:15 of 5:48 minute length) a finger is pressing on the pads and I can see through a space between pad and housing to the table below.Are the earpads and pad housing airtight when worn or possibly another ventilation system similar to the t50rp mk3 pad mounting? I'd like to see some clearer pics of the underside to get a better idea of how these fit the driver cups and seal.

Scroll wheel volume/preset look great and hope its pga.

Count me in as wishing some potential remaing dsp cycles/storage for a 2 or 3 slot user created eq. I envision it based in the included windows app then transferred to the phones dsp as a scrollable preset. Perhaps a personalised config file could be created and shared with other Mobius owners(using the onboard dac/amp for consistant repeatable results) to tweak, scroll through and compare notes. I believe the Turtle Beach Px5 did something similar years ago. This would be an elegant solution for whichever connection method or device the Mobius is currently connected to, and I bet used frequently. Set at home, utilise on the go!

The headphones look quite durable in the video with all the twisting. Are those metal parts on the copper coloured part near the swivel?

Has the Audeze team any expreience using Toneboosters Isone vst(stereo)? Would the Mobius virtual room/hrtf end result compare? So cool to have the possibility in a portable setup, in addition having a head tracking feature for added soundspace realism. My experience using Isone has helped greatly with mitigating ear fatigue during long sessions.

I currently use a self modded pair of t50rp mk2's connected to a 70's Technics SA-8000x reciever for amplification, an Earstudio(noise free) as dac. All the power I could hope for but the Technics background hiss is higher than I'd like. I'm wondering when production specs will be finalised and will there be more info soon regarding the built in dac/amplifier noise floor(noted by MLE in his pre production review)? Hoping this will be a solid upgrade from my current setup.

Good to know the Reveal plugin will be compatible with the Mobius!

It was mentioned the flat setting is without eq dsp active. I assume that doesn't necessarily mean flat headphone frequency response, just no implemented eq whatsoever.I too would like to use these for creative purposes(Mobius 3.5mm aux jack - Ultralite Avb to compliment Motu's headphone output) and my portable 4mic Samson recorder(field recordings using aux 3.5)
An onboard neutral response preset would be most helpfull for creative types.

MLE: When you tested the bluetooth function absent of the ldac, do you happen to know whether sbc or aac was implemented?

Looking forward to getting my hands on this fascinating multitool!

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #552 of 7,693
Wondering if this would be a possible alternative to an LCD-2 for music listening. LCD-2 is just way out of my budget.

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #553 of 7,693
Wondering if this would be a possible alternative to an LCD-2 for music listening. LCD-2 is just way out of my budget.

Audeze is rightfully downplaying this, but the Mobius will likely be similar to the LCD-2 signature with a touch more treble in a closed-back form factor so the sound characteristics will still be quite different.

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #554 of 7,693

Audeze is rightfully downplaying this, but the Mobius will likely be similar to the LCD-2 signature with a touch more treble in a closed-back form factor so the sound characteristics will still be quite different.

I think everyone will agree on that there is more to a headphone than just tonality, so we want to set the right expectations. Mobius is active only and the DSP presets were used to tune it close to a neutral response, but it also retain some of it's own character by virtue of being closed back. It is hard to directly compare LCD-2 (or LCD-3/X) with Mobius for couple of reasons. One being Mobius is closed back vs LCD-2/X being open. Another being unlike LCD-2/X you will not be driving Mobius with your own DACs and Amps. Amps and DACs add their own technical and tonal qualities. Since we use the same driver technology in Mobius as our LCD series you can expect similar technical qualities such as transparancy, linear response and low distortion. We tuned our transducer and the DSP presets on Mobius so that they have the right synergy with the on board Amp and DAC and sound neutral as a whole package.

With the above caveats, Mobius would be great for music listening. From a head-fier perspective, if you are in the market for a pair of active/self-contained closed-back headphone, that can also double as a wireless headset, and has neutral tonal signature and retains the technical qualities of LCD series, yes Mobius will fit that bill.

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #555 of 7,693
I think everyone will agree on that there is more to a headphone than just tonality, so we want to set the right expectations. Mobius is active only and the DSP presets were used to tune it close to a neutral response, but it also retain some of it's own character by virtue of being closed back. It is hard to directly compare LCD-2 (or LCD-3/X) with Mobius for couple of reasons. One being Mobius is closed back vs LCD-2/X being open. Another being unlike LCD-2/X you will not be driving Mobius with your own DACs and Amps. Amps and DACs add their own technical and tonal qualities. Since we use the same driver technology in Mobius as our LCD series you can expect similar technical qualities such as transparancy, linear response and low distortion. We tuned our transducer and the DSP presets on Mobius so that they have the right synergy with the on board Amp and DAC and sound neutral as a whole package.

With the above caveats, Mobius would be great for music listening. From a head-fier perspective, if you are in the market for a pair of active/self-contained closed-back headphone, that can also double as a wireless headset, and has neutral tonal signature and retains the technical qualities of LCD series, yes Mobius will fit that bill.
This really makes the Mobius sound like a dream portable setup....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back