• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 19, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #526 of 7,693
Not a dumb question...we could actually use a wiki or summary at the start of this thread.

That's essentially right..the Mobius works w/ decoded 5.1/7.1 over USB. That's why it doesn't work w/ the XBOX/PS4 surround or iOS or OSX devices...

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #527 of 7,693
Not a dumb question...we could actually use a wiki or summary at the start of this thread.

That's essentially right..the Mobius works w/ decoded 5.1/7.1 over USB. That's why it doesn't work w/ the XBOX/PS4 surround or iOS or OSX devices...

When you plug the mobius over USB, it will appear as a 8 channel sound card in the system (both PC and Mac). The OS recognizes the Mobius and allows applications to send it 5.1/7.1 data. This works on both PC and Mac. IOS is limited to Stereo at the moment.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 19, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #529 of 7,693
When you plug the mobius over USB, it will appear as a 8 channel sound card in the system (both PC and Mac). The OS recognizes the Mobius and allows applications to send it 5.1/7.1 data. This works on both PC and Mac. IOS is limited to Stereo at the moment.

7.1 sound card! 3 months of painful wait for this toy!

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #530 of 7,693
When you plug the mobius over USB, it will appear as a 8 channel sound card in the system (both PC and Mac).

Even better :)
That means you really don't need any special motherboard support for it...from the earlier discussion, I thought the motherboard's sound chip had to decode the 7.1 channels for the headphones :)

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #531 of 7,693
Just curious, how many of you PC gamers have a motherboad or PC case with a USB type C connector? I have a whole 1 USB type C port on my mobo. I usually have a USB type C SD card reader dongle attached to it. XD
I have one on the back of my mobo. Kinda not the easiest thing to reach but I do have a Type C to Type C cable connected to use it for phone when transferring files.

It's a bit short to use with the Mobius though, so I'm using the supplief type C to type A cable they bring which is longer, and my case has front ports of. In any case, I have it attached to a USB hub.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #535 of 7,693
Mar 19, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #537 of 7,693
@Mad Lust Envy So I'm curious how these compare to the Isine20 from a pure 2 channel perspective. I currently own and love them to death and i feel like asking for that level of sound, and all this amazing tech for less than $500 would be asking too much. I did read your review and gave me a good sense of the sound curve but I'm still curious from a detail/resolution perspective.

Mar 19, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #539 of 7,693
Sadly that one seems to be under review by Amazon for possible issues, but I will keep an eye out. I appreciate the link.
Wth that literally just came up AFTER I sent the link. Just my luck.

I haven't had any issues with it charging, transfer speeds or anything. Interesting. In any case, I only use that cable to transfer stuff between my pc and phone, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #540 of 7,693
@Mad Lust Envy So I'm curious how these compare to the Isine20 from a pure 2 channel perspective. I currently own and love them to death and i feel like asking for that level of sound, and all this amazing tech for less than $500 would be asking too much. I did read your review and gave me a good sense of the sound curve but I'm still curious from a detail/resolution perspective.
I can't say because I haven't heard the isine. I can't comment on headphones i haven't heard. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back