Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #182 of 7,693
Mar 14, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #185 of 7,693
So the Xbox One actually has Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic on it so if you can just use the 3D sound localization in these with that it would probably still be pretty awesome. Wish someone could try it out and let us know but no one has said they have an Xbox so far...

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #187 of 7,693
If i didn't already have a headphone plus mic would definitely buy this. Shame i want to upgrade my GPU and CPU as well. Seems like Audeze packed in quite a lot more features than a lot of "gaming" headsets do. Looks like a fantastic deal.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #188 of 7,693
But if the display angle doesn't adjust when you move your head, wouldn't that just confuse the gamer?
In a VR environment, what you say is true, the view changes as you move your head. For PC gaming, the view port stays anchored to the front of you (i.e. your monitor), it is only natural for the sound stage also to stay anchored consistent with the view port. When in a game you have changed the angle, the sound rendered by the gaming engine has also been changed to the new view, but this new view is still displayed on your monitor and the sound also needs to stay in front. Think of it as listening to the sound through a set of speakers, the idea here is to make you forget you are wearing a headphone and make your brain believe the action is taking place in front of you.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #189 of 7,693
Yes. We already do this with Waves Plugins for VR/AR content creation tools. It works with plugins inside Protools, Logic etc. We have to work with the developer and enable them to use the headtracking information, if there is a use case.

It would be awesome if headtracking data could be used as an input in games à la TrackIR and I think this is what groovyd was getting at. Would you be able to comment on the feasibility of either providing a FreeTrack driver, or at least making the raw headtracking data available via API for the open-source community to develop with?

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #192 of 7,693
It would be awesome if headtracking data could be used as an input in games à la TrackIR and I think this is what groovyd was getting at. Would you be able to comment on the feasibility of either providing a FreeTrack driver, or at least making the raw headtracking data available via API for the open-source community to develop with?
Yes we are actively looking at exposing an API that provides raw head-tracking (Pitch Yaw and Roll) values to aid plugin developers and game engines use this information. Intially for Windows and later for Mac.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #193 of 7,693
So the Xbox One actually has Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic on it so if you can just use the 3D sound localization in these with that it would probably still be pretty awesome. Wish someone could try it out and let us know but no one has said they have an Xbox so far...

How would one go about connecting the Mobius to Xbox One and make use of it 3D processing?

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #195 of 7,693

Users who are viewing this thread

Back