• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #92 of 7,693
https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/14/17118960/audezes-mobius-headphones-gaming-3d-audio

Vlad from the Verge seems to note that they are cool but not on the same ... plane... as other Audeze products for music. That's kind of a bummer to read. Hope it turns out amazing for music because that's what I want from Audeze. Wireless Cipher Planar cans with built in Cipher.
Vlad also tried a very early prototype in January. It has significantly improved since. The pitfalls of showing early alpha/beta product is, sometimes it doesn't work well during demos.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #93 of 7,693
Thanks a lot for this answer.
So, If i play the .mkv file directly on my Smart-TV from my NAS, there would be no way.
I guess the easyest solution would be to just play the file on my notebook, send the video to the TV via hdmi and connect the Mobius to the noteboot via usb?
Provided of course that i have software that is able to extract the multichannel audio Tracks in the .mkv file.
I'm assuming the TV doesn't output multichannel audio over USB, but if it does then that might work. The Mobius doesn't require drivers, so it's dependent on the hardware feeding it. For fun, I'll try testing at home with my Sony TV. It's running the latest version of Android TV.

So if I have Plex Media Server setup, and I’m streaming from that server to my laptop either through Plex Media Player or the Plex add on in Kodi over my local network I should in theory be able to get the 5.1 or 7.1 track of my content to the Mobius? I ask because this would be my most used applications these headphones.
As long as you can get the appropriate multichannel audio to the laptop from your server, and the Mobius is connected to your laptop's USB port, I think it'd work. I have Plex installed at home, so if I find the time I'll try it with my MBP.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #94 of 7,693
Vlad also tried a very early prototype in January. It has significantly improved since. The pitfalls of showing early alpha/beta product is, sometimes it doesn't work well during demos.

Well if Audeze official is steadfast that these are great for music, I have absolute confidence restored & can't wait to hear them.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #95 of 7,693
I'm assuming the TV doesn't output multichannel audio over USB, but if it does then that might work. The Mobius doesn't require drivers, so it's dependent on the hardware feeding it. For fun, I'll try testing at home with my Sony TV. It's running the latest version of Android TV.

If you find the time it might be interesting to know If that would work :)

One more thing, can the Mobius simulate surround from a stereo signal?
Obviously not the same thing, but still an interesting option If possible.

Audeze will offer battery replacement services if battery needs to be replaced.

I live in europe, so If the need to change the battery arises do i have to send it to the USA or can it be changed by an authorised seller inside of the EU?

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #96 of 7,693
+1 for liking the idea of a tracking free spacial image. I'd be super down with that.

Couple questions:
  • Would using a camera adaptor + USB-C allow for 5.1/7.1 from an iPad on an airplane?
  • How does the headphone calibrate for the tracking? It seems like it's a simple on/off so does it just use the direction you're looking as center when 3D the 3d button is engaged?
Camera + USB-C supports only 2.0. This is an OS limitation.
Calibration is quite sophisticated. There are three modes of operation.
1. No 3D
2. Manual Alignment
3. Intelligent Auto Alignment.

No 3d, all 3D processing is turned off. This becomes a standard Planar headphone.

Manual Alignment - There is a 3D Calibration button. After you wear the headphone, look at the direction of the screen and click the button once. It immediately make that the center plane. We envision this is the mode most people will use when using it on desktop or watching movies in the house etc.

Intelligent Auto-Align - In this mode the Headphone continuously tracks the head movements and can discern between normal movements and abnormal movements. For example you are watching a movie on a tablet when going in a train. The train changes its direction. The Headphone will automatically align for the turning of the train, so the center remains the same and is oriented towards the tablet. This is done is a very intelligent way, so that the imaging does not shift wildly. It has to be used to be believed.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 14, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #97 of 7,693
As long as you can get the appropriate multichannel audio to the laptop from your server, and the Mobius is connected to your laptop's USB port, I think it'd work. I have Plex installed at home, so if I find the time I'll try it with my MBP.

Thanks. If you get a chance to test it out I would appreciate it. In theory, Plex is sending the audio track untouched to the laptop if it detects that the stream is going to a device that can handle that format (in this case the Mobius showing as a 7.1 device should allow the audio to Direct Play instead of being transcoded). There are also options in Plex Media Player to select the number of channels your devices can handle, but you have to switch PMP to tv mode to get access to those options.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #98 of 7,693
Just backed for a Copper set. Can't wait

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #99 of 7,693
I just ordered myself a pair!!! Now the wait....

Edit: Blue

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #100 of 7,693

B&O allow users to change the battery themselves in their BT/ANC headphones.........why don't you?

This kind of ''dump them' or pay half the cost again for Audeze to replace battery + postage is obscene!

PS...I am talking about all BT headphone makers, not just you.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #101 of 7,693
Would you consider a user replaceable battery as a stretch goal? Or at least a tool kit and instructions for someone who is willing to risk it on their own

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #102 of 7,693
B&O allow users to change the battery themselves in their BT/ANC headphones.........why don't you?

This kind of ''dump them' or pay half the cost again for Audeze to replace battery + postage is obscene!

PS...I am talking about all BT headphone makers, not just you.
It might be a little soon to worry about this. Assuming they use quality battery this shouldn't be an issue for a long time. Even if you deplete and charge this these once a day it should take years before you notice performance changes.

Use the cord when you can and keep the charge cycle down.

Just my 1.5 cents.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #105 of 7,693
looking for a pair of closed back for traveling, do you guys think these are worth just for that aspect? I don't game at all though
Probably!!! A planar with Bluetooth.... They are worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back