Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #76 of 7,693
Hey, some questions that i did not find any answers yet:

Is there ANY way to use these with an external amp/dac and bypass the built in amp, for example when the battery dies on the go?

If i was to use these for watching a movie on my TV via playing an .mkv file from my server, how would i have to integrate the Mobius to get the 5.1 or 7.1 audio track to them?#

Also, is the battery installed permanently or can it be changed?

Maybe @Audeze or @Mad Lust Envy can chime in before all the early birds are gone :ksc75smile:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ ... age-3#post-14103655

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #78 of 7,693
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #79 of 7,693
So silly of me, but the only reason I have not bought yet is still trying to decide on color. Any input?

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #82 of 7,693
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #83 of 7,693
I hope there is a way to lock the head tracking but still keep the spatialization on.

@AxelCloris your explanation with respect to the headtracking and use in gaming helped explain its advantage. As an Overwatch player, I already appreciate the already excellent implementation of Dolby Atmos, but I can see how head tracking could help.
Glad that I was able to be of some help. :) The prototype that we have here doesn't allow head tracking to be disabled while maintaining the 3D processing, but since we don't have access to the customization software shown on the IGG page I can't say if there's a way to defeat the head tracking in the instances when you might want to.

Yeah I'm a bit confused by this too.

e.g. If you're playing as Moira in Overwatch and in the game you're looking at a Winston for healing, you should hear Winston in front of you. However, if you turn your head to the right in real life and there's an enemy Sombra coming at you from that direction, you would hear her as if she were in front of you when in fact, she would be on the right relative to the direction your character is facing on your screen. Wat?
If there is someone in front of you on the screen, and say you're physically turned to the right, the headtracking will point you left towards the screen where the person is, EXACTLY.

If someone is directly behind you (6 o clock), and your character is facing forward (12 o clock), but YOU are facing right (3 o clock), the headtracking audio will point you to turn right towards the audio cue (at 6 o clock). Obviously you'll want to look at the screen so your on screen chartacter can turn around and face the audio cue

Trust me, it's quite natural. You just have to try it. Logically speaking, you'll generally be facing the screen anyways, if just slightly off angle at the most. I doubt you'll be playing a competitive game while facing some crazy direction.
To add on to what MLE said, the monitor is our set of eyes into the game world. In life, as we move our heads, our eyes automatically drift and adjust to maintain a lock on whatever subject we're observing. The sound cues around us change every time our head shifts, but our eyes are always tracking the same object until we change our focus. In a first-person 3D game, we manually shift that focus by moving the mouse. The head tracking on the Mobius feels incredibly natural in use. The headphone can completely disappear at times.

@Mad Lust Envy hmm I think you underestimate how much of a noob I am. ok, I understand the Audeze Mobius supports LDAC, what I am trying to understand, is do I need a Sony DAP that supports LDAC as well to get that benefit, or will I automatically get that benefit when streaming anything from Bluetooth even if it is from a non-Sony device? I believe Sony has the rights to LDAC and doesn't allow anyone else to use it... which is why I am confused
Several Sony DAPs support LDAC, and it's a default codec in Android starting with Android Oreo. It's up to the manufacturer to implement LDAC into their devices, but the codec is included in AOSP by default.

Wow, $250!
I'm waiting for June)

What is the battery life?
Quoted at 10+ hours. I've never had it run out on me during use.

Is there ANY way to use these with an external amp/dac and bypass the built in amp, for example when the battery dies on the go?

If i was to use these for watching a movie on my TV via playing an .mkv file from my server, how would i have to integrate the Mobius to get the 5.1 or 7.1 audio track to them?#
Active only, so no passive use once the battery dies.

The only way to get 5.1 and 7.1 processing is via USB. If you're hosting content on a server, then your playback hardware has to support standard 5.1/7.1 output. If you're pulling video from a server to a full-featured HTPC, you'll likely be able to get a multichannel signal to the Mobius. My Apple TV cannot be used with the Mobius for full 7.1 surround (no USB output), but my PC can.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #85 of 7,693
+1 for liking the idea of a tracking free spacial image. I'd be super down with that.

Couple questions:
  • Would using a camera adaptor + USB-C allow for 5.1/7.1 from an iPad on an airplane?
  • How does the headphone calibrate for the tracking? It seems like it's a simple on/off so does it just use the direction you're looking as center when 3D the 3d button is engaged?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #86 of 7,693
The only way to get 5.1 and 7.1 processing is via USB. If you're hosting content on a server, then your playback hardware has to support standard 5.1/7.1 output. If you're pulling video from a server to a full-featured HTPC, you'll likely be able to get a multichannel signal to the Mobius. My Apple TV cannot be used with the Mobius for full 7.1 surround (no USB output), but my PC can.

Thanks a lot for this answer.
So, If i play the .mkv file directly on my Smart-TV from my NAS, there would be no way.
I guess the easyest solution would be to just play the file on my notebook, send the video to the TV via hdmi and connect the Mobius to the noteboot via usb?
Provided of course that i have software that is able to extract the multichannel audio Tracks in the .mkv file.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #87 of 7,693

So if I have Plex Media Server setup, and I’m streaming from that server to my laptop either through Plex Media Player or the Plex add on in Kodi over my local network I should in theory be able to get the 5.1 or 7.1 track of my content to the Mobius? I ask because this would be my most used applications these headphones.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #88 of 7,693
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #89 of 7,693
Just pre-ordered this. Will be interesting to compare it to the Ossic X I've also pre-ordered, assuming that ever ships. My assumption is that the Mobius will sound much better.

Good to see an established audiophile headphone company make a headphone like this. I have an original LCD-2, which I hate (if the Sennheiser HD-650s are "veiled," the original LCD-2s are "blanketed" - horribly muffled sound), but I know they have improved and released tons of headphones since then. Very much looking forward to this!

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #90 of 7,693

Users who are viewing this thread

Back