• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #61 of 7,693
Does 3D audio work when using a wireless phone and stereo music like Spotify? If so, does is just widen the presentation or does it it track?

Will there be a mobile app for EQ and what not?

Spatialization, 3D head tracking and room emulation works on any input. (analog, BT and USB). In Analog and BT, if the content is stereo (from Itunes or spotify), Mobius will emulate a 2 channel system. It does track as well. It even works on facteime, Skype and even phone calls.

The headphone already has builtin EQ presets you can cycle through. No separate EQ app is planned. It will come with an application (initially windows) that will allow for headsize and room size changes, firmware upgrades etc.

The 3D Spatialization, headtracking can be turned off if necessary.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 14, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #63 of 7,693
No more headphone purchases this year! - I said last week. Of course I immediately singed up for a Mobius after I read the announcement and the impressions by Mad Lust Envy. Really looking forward to get my hands on them :wink:
You, sir, are weak and pathetic like me . Decided to jump on them too.

I've heard that Audeze has started production in China, can someone from Audeze comment on where the Mobius will be made? (Not entirely surprised if they are made in China considering the price point)

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #66 of 7,693
ADZ_Mobius_FeatureIcons_dark3.png

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #69 of 7,693
Wish I would have known about these at the $199 or $229 tier, but even for $249 I’m going to ha e to jump in. These past few years have been me in a constant search for something that did a good job of surround over headphones. This quest has involved me preordering a Smyth Realiser A16, buying just yesterday a pair of Steelseries Arctis Pro with the Game DAC (jury is still out on those, but I have 45 days to return them), and now preordering these Audeze headphones.

What likely will happen is the Steelseries are going to get returned, the Realiser will be the center of my home theater and gaming setup, and the Audeze will be my portable plug and play experience with my laptop.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #70 of 7,693
The headphone is ready, but we have no idea about the demand. So we have put it on IndeiGoGo for a month. If we pass all certifications, Shipping starts in June. If you are in LA area, drop by and try the Mobius at our office.
Really proud of the team at Audeze for pulling this off.

Is this by appointment? I love only 20 or so minutes from your office so I'd like to stop on by someday :)

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #73 of 7,693
Hey, some questions that i did not find any answers yet:

Is there ANY way to use these with an external amp/dac and bypass the built in amp, for example when the battery dies on the go?

If i was to use these for watching a movie on my TV via playing an .mkv file from my server, how would i have to integrate the Mobius to get the 5.1 or 7.1 audio track to them?#

Also, is the battery installed permanently or can it be changed?

Maybe @Audeze or @Mad Lust Envy can chime in before all the early birds are gone :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #74 of 7,693
Wow! I've been waiting 20 years for something like this to use with my home theater.
It may also make for a more immersive experience with my flight simulator where I already have visual POV head tracking in 6 DOF that is already amazingly smooth and crazy realistic.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #75 of 7,693
Disclaimer: I know nothing about non-passive/non-wired headphones.

But I think it's a bit meh/weird that it's strictly active. It seems silly to not even have the option to use it as a passive headphone. I for one would like the option to drive it through my own DAC/amps, and be able to use it while out of juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back