• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 29, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #767 of 7,693
The USB out of consoles requires licensing and royalty agreements. This is not trivial. This is our first headphone and it already has many ground breaking features. We want to ship these and adding console support (feature creep) would delay the product for a while.

Thanks for the explanation! I wonder how the other DACs work as they apparently are not licensed as well (or that they did not advertise, at least).

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #769 of 7,693
No. It is not just possible with firmware. Would require an external box or new PCB.
Bummer. Appreciate the response.

Glad I have a Mixamp and headphone Atmos for Xbox...excited to see how they combine with 3D.

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #770 of 7,693
LOL wat?

Did not expect that advertisement on that article.

That looks like a google ad. Anytime you use a google service, like google search or gmail they put a tracking cookie on your computer that tracks what you search, what you look at, ect. Many other companies do the exact same thing. For example, the big trouble that facebook just got into. When you agree to install the facebook app, you give them permission to track your phone calls, contacts, pretty much everything. There needs to be some serous data protection laws put into place.

On topic,

Is there any chance the mobius could take a stereo input and convert it to surround in a future update? Or is there just not enough sound information in stereo audio to give proper spatialization?

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #771 of 7,693
Is there any chance the mobius could take a stereo input and convert it to surround in a future update? Or is there just not enough sound information in stereo audio to give proper spatialization?

You can try Waves NX system wide WIndows/Mac app demo. You won't have reliable head tracking but it will give you an idea of the 3d capabilities in stereo and multi-channel. (It scales up much better on good headphones than so-so ones.) There's no way to add more spacial cues with only two channels of input for accurate surround positional cues. That would defy physics, unless the audio was pre-virtualized (then goodbye head-tracking). I do rather enjoy the speakers in a room with head-tracking visualization when the room isn't too big.

I'm not such a purest that I wouldn't totally enjoy listening to stereo tracks on it with head-tracking at least part of the time. (I'm rather impressed with it actually, although not with the Mobius yet, but on different cans.) I also enjoy 5.1 on the Netflix Windows app.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #779 of 7,693
Just listened to an interview with Sankar Thiagasamudram on SoundCloud. Here is the link:
https://m.soundcloud.com/theomshow/audeze

Sounds like the Mobius will be partially made in the US and partially somewhere else. He didn’t go into too much detail on it (and I blame the host a bit too because he kept steering him away from talking about Mobius) but there’s quite a bit of background on Audeze there and it’s founders and goals. Also info on why they went with Indiegogo with the Mobius. It’s a bit long but I think very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back