• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 28, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #736 of 7,693
I went with the copper. I just missed the $199 early bird pricing but got in at the $229 price, which is still a bargain for what you're getting for these.

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #737 of 7,693
So, I backed the campaign at $259 (Team Blue, by the way!) and was fine with the price for what we're getting. However, I just looked at the page again a few minutes ago and noticed a spot opened up in the $199 tier and I managed to snag it. Soooo happy right now! :grinning:

Agreed. The blue is really nice, it's just that the copper works well with my office area.

Nice! I don't know who canceled for that spot to open but they missed out. $200 is highway robbery.

I didn't know you can cancel your slot for Indiegogo Flexible goal? Since payment is charged immediately unlike Fixed or Kickstarter where they only collect your payment at the end of the campaign

Mar 29, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #738 of 7,693
I didn't know you can cancel your slot for Indiegogo Flexible goal? Since payment is charged immediately unlike Fixed or Kickstarter where they only collect your payment at the end of the campaign

Yep, generally as long as the campaign is still active, you can go into Your Contributions and then click on View Order Details, and look for a Refund Order option.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #740 of 7,693
I changed my mind and cancelled my order. The Mobious is too gamer focused since my intention is just to use it for music. Hopefully we will see a wireless version that is optimized for music only with less gamer styling.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #741 of 7,693
I changed my mind and cancelled my order. The Mobious is too gamer focused since my intention is just to use it for music. Hopefully we will see a wireless version that is optimized for music only with less gamer styling.

Wow... seems a bit premature.Not sure what "too gamer focused" means, since the primary intent of the product is the gaming audience. Were it not for that target demo, we likely would not be seeing ANY product that may have broader implications for music listeners.

There also was very little downside at the pre-order price.

I don't get how people get hung up on the styling. The entire mindset of "fashion accessory" is anathema to me. I care only how a headset sounds and feels; I care not one iota what people see or perceive when I'm wearing it.

Oh well... different strokes and all that. Presumably a cheaper slot for someone else.

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #742 of 7,693
The Mobius is an awesome headphone for music, and honestly I think that's how most Head-Fi'ers will use it. Sure it's great for movies and gaming, but it's an Audeze headphone first and foremost. The LCD-family sound was definitely there in the prototype we received.

Audeze mentioned above that they're planning a Mobius demo for CanJam SoCal. Anyone who's able to get some head time with the Mobius should definitely try it with music if possible. I know I've done a lot of talking about gaming in the thread, but that's where I spent most of my limited time with the prototype. I have high expectations for the production version based on the music listening I did. No pressure, Audeze. :wink:

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #745 of 7,693
Yes. It can be used on all inputs (Analog, USB and BT)
Hi,I game on console(Xbox 1x) can I get 5.1 surround sound using these headphones being the xb1x has optical out not usb out. If I need usb out to get 5.1, do you or someone here know where to get a optical to usb out converter. I been looking for such a device but can't find one. I got/seen optical to analog device but no optical to usb out device. I really want these headphones Thanks

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #746 of 7,693

This is a shame. I thought the mobius was pretty low key compared to many other gaming wireless headsets. What exactly about the styling didn't you like?

Mar 29, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #747 of 7,693

Hmmmm...... These seem not over styled for your average, trendy BT headset to me....especially the copper. I guess it could seem like wearing a pair of sneakers to someone who only feels comfortable in dress shoes, to use an analogy. Seems like you are potentially missing out on a good deal for a great offering, but I'm sure it's not the end of the world.

I like the way they look and I'm not even into sneakers! lol!

Mar 29, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #748 of 7,693
Ear cup dimensions: I have larger than average ears and I am wondering if these will work for me. Can the reviewer or other head fi member share the cup dimensions vertical and horizontal? Thanks in advance, Ken

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #749 of 7,693
Hi,I game on console(Xbox 1x) can I get 5.1 surround sound using these headphones being the xb1x has optical out not usb out. If I need usb out to get 5.1, do you or someone here know where to get a optical to usb out converter. I been looking for such a device but can't find one. I got/seen optical to analog device but no optical to usb out device. I really want these headphones Thanks
According to Audeze, it will only do 5.1/7.1 through the usb-C input. So, no it won't do that with the Xbox. But you will still get the simulated 2.0/2.1 speakers with head tracking. It would be really cool if Audeze worked with Xbox and Playstation to make the Mobius compatible as a USB headset with consoles.

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #750 of 7,693
RatFarm - Just curious... how did you NOT realize that these were targeted to gamers before purchasing them? Did you purchase them with your eyes closed? :smile_phones: It was kinda hard to miss it regardless of where you saw/heard of them. I may not game in them a ton, but for the price i doubt I will ever be able to find another headphone with equivalent audio quality and features on the market.

Jude with Head-fi has stated they are a great mobile/bluetooth option for audiophiles on the go.

---- Team Blue------

Users who are viewing this thread

Back