Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 22, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #646 of 7,693
@KMann

Could you give some more information on how the Mobius volume control functions? Considering it is a constantly used moving part, should it fail or deteriorate(analog pot? internal dac/amp being the only option) be disastrous.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #647 of 7,693
It's survey update time, so try and contain your excitement!

upload_2018-3-22_13-29-14.png

upload_2018-3-22_13-29-24.png

This was my newest question, hence the only 20 respondents:
upload_2018-3-22_13-29-34.png

So, we have quite the spread when it comes to reasons for purchasing the Mobius... I'm digging how the planar bluetooth and the mobile planar/virtual surround are tied; they're very similar, yet distinct from each other. I can understand why virtual surround would be very attractive to a lot of people.

Also, the gaming platform is pretty fascinating, as well. Just by going off of this very small sample, PC gamers are completely dominating the purchase market. This really backs up Audeze's decision to focus on PC gaming first and foremost.

Finally, I didn't realize so many people would be getting the copper! There's only 20 responses, so if you had taken this before that was up, I'd love for you to re-do this! I was totally expecting a relatively even split.

Here's the link to the survey, once more: https://goo.gl/forms/NzyYNRjT81UkjaUF2

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #648 of 7,693
I expect an easy way to reset the position directly on the headphone, if so can we set it to believe horizontal is wherever we're watching at the moment we reset? or is the vertical axis fixed with gravity as it's reference?
here is why I'm asking, I assume the customization for the head model is the Waves NX one (circumference and distance between ears from the back of the head), which is ok for tracking, but does nothing for the initial placement of sounds. using that I personally still have a serious issue with frequency response on most headphones usually giving me a mono sound a good deal above eye level. I solve that with EQ to at least get the center image to work out for me. but depending on the use, it's just not practical/possible. so if I can try to mess around with the starting vertical position, maybe I could somehow get a slightly improved result. thus my strange question. ^_^

not related to the Mobius directly but I use that opportunity to ask the right people:
this guy is announced at 350g with all the internal gear and battery, which almost makes me consider getting an Audeze headphone(love the sound of your LCDs, but my neck just has other priorities). do you plan to try and release something fairly light at some point as a basic wired headphone? or is it just an issue where you need some weight to avoid having the driver shaking the headphone from it's own inertia, and the only alternative to weight would be the clamp of death?

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #649 of 7,693
@KMann @Audeze

I think the answer to this is 'yes' but wanted to quickly check:

If I have the Mobius connected to my PC via USB, would Adobe Premiere be able to recognise it as a sound device and deliver 5.1/7.1 audio to it on the fly? Might this also be the case with Audition?
If this scenario held true, I could see the Mobius being an incredibly useful tool for amateur/semi pro AV editors.
I teach Media and Film and I'm now slightly wishing I were able to get my school to pick up a bunch of these at this low price....even four sets for the students to share and mix their audio in surround...they would flip!

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #651 of 7,693
Mar 22, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #652 of 7,693
I expect an easy way to reset the position directly on the headphone, if so can we set it to believe horizontal is wherever we're watching at the moment we reset? or is the vertical axis fixed with gravity as it's reference?
here is why I'm asking, I assume the customization for the head model is the Waves NX one (circumference and distance between ears from the back of the head), which is ok for tracking, but does nothing for the initial placement of sounds. using that I personally still have a serious issue with frequency response on most headphones usually giving me a mono sound a good deal above eye level. I solve that with EQ to at least get the center image to work out for me. but depending on the use, it's just not practical/possible. so if I can try to mess around with the starting vertical position, maybe I could somehow get a slightly improved result. thus my strange question. ^_^
Mobius has two modes when it comes to Head-tracking. One is manual alignment mode which will let you set wherever you looking to be the reference (Azimuth = Elevation = 0 degrees), there is also a intelligent-auto-align mode which adapts to movement intelligently (example watching a movie on a tablet while in a train)

not related to the Mobius directly but I use that opportunity to ask the right people:
this guy is announced at 350g with all the internal gear and battery, which almost makes me consider getting an Audeze headphone(love the sound of your LCDs, but my neck just has other priorities). do you plan to try and release something fairly light at some point as a basic wired headphone? or is it just an issue where you need some weight to avoid having the driver shaking the headphone from it's own inertia, and the only alternative to weight would be the clamp of death?
If you have not tried it I would suggest LCD2C or iSine10/20 or i4.

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #653 of 7,693
@KMann @Audeze

If I have the Mobius connected to my PC via USB, would Adobe Premiere be able to recognise it as a sound device and deliver 5.1/7.1 audio to it on the fly? Might this also be the case with Audition?
If this scenario held true, I could see the Mobius being an incredibly useful tool for amateur/semi pro AV editors.
I teach Media and Film and I'm now slightly wishing I were able to get my school to pick up a bunch of these at this low price....even four sets for the students to share and mix their audio in surround...they would flip!
If Adobe Premiere supports windows audio driver (which I think it does) it should recognize Mobius as a 8 channel device which is how it appears on Windows audio configuration.

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #654 of 7,693
If Adobe Premiere supports windows audio driver (which I think it does) it should recognize Mobius as a 8 channel device which is how it appears on Windows audio configuration.

That's fantastic! Thanks KMann!

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #655 of 7,693
@KMann @Audeze

This is the first use case we had and we did a pilot project at one of the big studios in LA. They use it for testing their deliverables since the amount of 5.1/7.1 deliverables has increased. The second area where Mobius kicks ass is for VR/AR surround mixing. With the plugins you can dynamically add/pan and mix mono/stereo/5.1 into an ambisonics sound filed and deliver for Youtube 360/ Facebook / Oculus / Vive. There is no other headphone that has a seamless workflow like the Mobius for this.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 22, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #656 of 7,693
LOL. :smiley: Yeah I'm aware of the warranty issues with modding a pair of headphones. Just curious if it will be possible for us modding freaks....

buy a few pairs of mobius, mod as much as you want! but to be fair to Audeze please, don't claim warranty if sugar happens. after all, they have mouths to feed!

I like the team of Audeze, Kmann must have known Sankar for like over 2 decades!

oh yes, who's behind Audeze, and their personality as human beings, I do wish to know more. not just their products. their products are just the manifestation of their personalities and values.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #658 of 7,693
Thanks. What are the possibilities of wiring this as TRRS and replacing the TRS port with a 3.5 mm TRRS port?
This is not possible. The PCB is quite complex with Bluetooth, USB input + charging, Analog input and microphone input. All of the audio is routed through a set of balanced amplifiers to the transducers.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 23, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #659 of 7,693
I’m impressed by the responsiveness of the Audeze team to our deluge of questions, but all the info has left my head swirling. I’ve read through all 44 pages at once and still am not sure what to expect with regards to gaming on a PS4.

It would be extremely helpful to me and many others if Audeze could provide an all-inclusive rundown on how to connect the Mobius to the console, what outputs are available (ie stereo, 5.1 etc), and what third-party hardware could help (like the X7, mixamp) as well as the difference between, say, X7 surround -> Mobius headtracking vs headtracking disabled.

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #660 of 7,693
I’m impressed by the responsiveness of the Audeze team to our deluge of questions, but all the info has left my head swirling.

Tell me about it. Based upon my Mongo-level of comprehension:

"It's a wireless planar headphone that does things and stuff to the sound... if you want it to."

Until we see more comprehensive and descriptive hands-on reviews from in the wild, that's what I'm going with. :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back