• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 21, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #2,776 of 7,693
As someone who has worked on Li-Ion batteries for a rew years, do NOT replace fully tested and approved batteries with something you found on e-bay or amazon that looks similar, or worse, has a higher capacity.

These batteries are tested in detail to go with the charging circuits and temperature monitoring safety circuit in the headphone, so that it is safe. These things have a surprising amount of energy inside, and people are always clamoring for more. Put an incorrect one, next to your head ...

Let's just say, you may be contributing to the evolution of the human race and get yourself in the Darwin awards, with at least some ugly burns that will hinder you getting a next generarion started.

I need to point out that Darwinism isn't survival of the fittest, as in the most strong or smart. He meant the word "fittest" in the sense of fitting into the ecosystem in the best way possible. There are plenty of organisms that are neither strong nor smart yet prosper because they work with the ecosystem. I just need to point this out because it's been misused so many times when darwin's own notes clearly pointed to something else.

On point, yes it's a pretty bad idea to take a risk with a poor quality battery so close to your head.

I'm just getting the last few things finished up on my newest PC build. My next major purchases are the next gen GPUs dropping soon and the Mobius!

I really, really, really hope they live up to the hype/expectations!

Are you sure Nvidia is releasing next gen GPUs soon? I don't really see a point when AMD isn't giving them competition. Why release a 1180 when they can keep selling 1080s for a higher profit margin? If I were an Nvidia shareholder I'd be mad if they released a new generation anytime before AMD releases their next gen.

The ability to save profiles in the mobius is definitely a huge bonus. You can have the same settings for every device without having to setup everything again. It's looking more and more like this might be the perfect all rounder headphones.

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #2,777 of 7,693
As an OSX/ iOS user only, will I have any disadvantage not being able to use the windows app such as firmware update etc.

I’m currently planning on using the mobius for consoles only until I get my custom PC towards the end of the year.

Will the Mobius still be good for (aux) plug and play with consoles without having access to settings/ config?
I would not want to miss the opportunity to finetune this headset to my headsize and liking. Maybe a friend with a PC can help you out. I fear you miss a lot of the fun if you cannot configure it.

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #2,779 of 7,693
Shipping starts today. First batch should receive tracking numbers when the service picks up the units from warehouse. Depending on country, the shipping service is different.

Backer #7 here. Curious if these have been picked up? The reason I'm asking is because I haven't seen any emails from Audeze or Indegogo with tracking numbers and maybe I missed something?

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #2,780 of 7,693
@Audeze assuming the first batch was shipped as stated before, any timeline on when those folks will get a confirmation e-mail with a tracking number? Usually {in my limited experiences) that goes out right when an item is shipped from China, and carries over through multiple shipping partners.
Backer #7 here. Curious if these have been picked up? The reason I'm asking is because I haven't seen any emails from Audeze or Indegogo with tracking numbers and maybe I missed something?
Me neither

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #2,782 of 7,693
I think its super weird that Audeze has been posting in this thread, answering technical questions but they have actively avoided answering any questions whether or not they shipped it on Wednesday like promised. WHY.
I’d have to go back and look but I think their precise words were “processing for shipping” so that might leave wiggle room but i read it like you and assumed I would have a tracking number by now.

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #2,784 of 7,693
I’d have to go back and look but I think their precise words were “processing for shipping” so that might leave wiggle room but i read it like you and assumed I would have a tracking number by now.

Agreed. I thought it would've shipped by now.
I do think its weird a bit that there has been radio silence from Audeze specifically about shipping but I'm sure there is a reason.
Only thing I'm curious about is they never mentioned whether or not they'll just open the flood gates and ship more tiers initially due to them abandoning the "ship to CA first for QA" and are now shipping from China for ALL tiers.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #2,788 of 7,693
Don't push them too much please. It is pointless rushing them.

You guys can't imagine the pressure on them. Juggling so many balls with such tiny resources and manpower.

@Audeze, please take your time.
Nobody is pushing. Asking Audeze to simply confirm what they said was happening. If it didn’t happen as promised they should just say so.no big deal.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #2,789 of 7,693

You guys can't imagine the pressure on them. Juggling so many balls with such tiny resources and manpower.

I'm pretty sure this is their last crowd sourcing . I don't think it was really worth all the hassle and unrealistic expectations imo

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #2,790 of 7,693

lol, I'd still like confirmation on what's happening with the shipping - they do have my money afterall :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back