• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 7, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #1,726 of 7,693
Its nice to see what the innards look like. Lots of what looks like dampening material behind the driver. There also seems to be a product colour code for purple(aside from gold and blue) in the label pdf.

Hoping they eventually include custom eq from the app, saveable to the onboard presets. Quick scroll/change genre or home/otg presets would be useful for creatives and non gamers

I wonder just how flat fr the "flat"(no dsp correction) preset really is or if scanproaudio mispoke. Should be an interesting listen. There is the Reveal plugin to fall back on.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BifOI7pg6_p/?hl=en&taken-by=audeze_official

I imagine flat is a ruler flat bass and mids transitioning into a treble that is curved to be similarly along the same side of flat.

The default preset roughly follows the Harman curve and what they anticipate the average listener will prefer.

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #1,727 of 7,693
98DF0904-692F-4B44-A855-7BD9FDB5A5EB.jpeg

I assume this FR graph for the EL-8 Open approximately demonstrates Audeze’s idea of a flat sound.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #1,733 of 7,693
Its nice to see what the innards look like. Lots of what looks like dampening material behind the driver. There also seems to be a product colour code for purple(aside from gold and blue) in the label pdf.

Hoping they eventually include custom eq from the app, saveable to the onboard presets. Quick scroll/change genre or home/otg presets would be useful for creatives and non gamers

I wonder just how flat fr the "flat"(no dsp correction) preset really is or if scanproaudio mispoke. Should be an interesting listen. There is the Reveal plugin to fall back on.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BifOI7pg6_p/?hl=en&taken-by=audeze_official

It has Cipher for the "normal" LCD setting. Which, for all intents and purposes, is the same as reveal. The only difference is onboard vs offboard but they use the same process & sound goals to develop DSP curves.

Yes, it has the curves and daddy likes the curves.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #1,734 of 7,693
I’m going to be extremely impressed if Mobius is even better than the EL-8 Titanium, which were my dream headphones. Either way you’ll get a genuine comparison from me in a few weeks. With the advanced DSP they very well could be.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #1,737 of 7,693
What are the chances of that shipping soon? Will be curious to hear your comparison as they’re both cutting-edge wireless headphones with unique drivers.

Yup. That's my interest too. Looks good. They finished the driver production line and can pump out 6k drivers per month. Enough to fill the pre order by over 2x. Design is done and Shenzhen appears ready to rock. I imagine they'll do a test manufacturing run next.

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #1,738 of 7,693
Those interior images are frightening and super interesting at the same time.
Very minor ventilation, zero cup usage, completely dampened driver. The last one could be great due to dsp-ing the first is frightening me a bit.

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #1,739 of 7,693
Those interior images are frightening and super interesting at the same time.
Very minor ventilation, zero cup usage, completely dampened driver. The last one could be great due to dsp-ing the first is frightening me a bit.

Where are the images? I don’t see an exhibits tab on that page, on the mobile site at least.

Edit: Found on the FCC site.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #1,740 of 7,693
From the owners’ manual: “An alarm (beep), warning tone, are meant to protect your ears when you raise the volume setting beyond a specific level.”

That’s a thoughtful feature and one I’ve been hoping to see from a headphone manufacturer as I try to keep my listening below 90 decibels.

@Audeze, does this alarm occur once the headphone volume is raised above a certain percentage or at a certain decibel level? What is the estimated decibel level that the alarm occurs?

(Even if it’s percentage-based, I’m curious what decibel level the alarm aims to alert users at.)

Thanks in advance as I would find this info very helpful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back