Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 23, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #5,731 of 5,780
My friends have problem with Cloud Orbit. I checked computer see correctly this headphones, I also checked whether the current flows along paths, cables, whether it reaches transistors and batteries. But Cloud Orbit won't turn on, they're dead.

What could be a problem, battery or something else?

Contact HyperX support, as we do not handle their products, but it just sounds like the battery might be dead. Batteries should be manufacturer replaceable.

I upgraded from Win 10 to 11. And My Mobius headset is detected as "speaker" rather than headset/headphones. And I cant change it via the windows device configuration. All I can select there is "Stereo".

Not sure if this is normal? I tried pretty much all I can think of. Removing from device list, re-installing HQ etc.

https://i.imgur.com/rq5Y50j.png

https://i.imgur.com/AGS28Nn.png

Please follow what FlavioWolff posted.

High resolution mode is stereo only. I think you need to change the headphone to 7.1 mode:

"A three-second press of the Microphone Volume Control will toggle through the three audio resolution modes available via USB connection. Those three modes are as follows: [...]"

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...-1-channel-to-2-channel-or-Hi-Res-Mode-in-USB

Thanks for the assistance.

i'm back after few years, entering in the 5th owner year with my beloved headset :o2smile:
it's the longer lasting component ever bought for my gaming machine and i want to keep them neat and tidy!
do you know if is provided as replacement, the sponge for the headband?

We sell replacement ear pads on our accessories page, though we may only have carbon color accent on the pads now.

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #5,732 of 5,780
it just sounds like the battery might be dead.
For a product that works only when connected to a USB Port, the battery being necessary for it to work at all is... surprising to be generous.

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #5,733 of 5,780
We sell replacement ear pads on our accessories page, though we may only have carbon color accent on the pads now.
thankyou Mad, i already see that you have pads for replacement, but i was asking for the headband:

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-24 at 08.44.29.jpeg

Jan 24, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #5,734 of 5,780
thankyou Mad, i already see that you have pads for replacement, but i was asking for the headband:

My apologies, between the time I quoted your post and replied, I had already forgotten it was the headband you were referring to. I believe you also asked this via email (had this same question on support). Unfortunately we don't have parts for those headbands, and I would suggest a headphone headband wrap from a place like Amazon.

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...prefix=headphone+headband+wrap,aps,121&sr=8-3

Though make sure itn fits, and as an FYI we don't officially endorse any so your mileage may vary.

Feb 9, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #5,737 of 5,780
Has anyone found a replacement headband for the Mobius ? It is already my THIRD one that breaks, and as much as I praise the quality of the contact with the aftersale team of Audeze, I am beginning to get tired of spending 50€ to send my headphones back for RMA. Last one was in July 2022 !
It's not like I'm being harsh on my heaphones : used only in my home, either connected by usb to my computer or wirelessly to my phone while cooking etc. I have a pretty big head, but it shouldn't be an issue with headphones of that price.

Anyway, I'd be happy to have any suggestion for a third party headband I could use with those (still amazing sounding) headphones.

Mar 5, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #5,740 of 5,780
Does anyone have any suggestions for longer USB-C cables that work well with the Mobius?

I've found that some are too stiff, or the plastic at the plug end is too big.
Just to give you an idea, the most durable USB-C cables I've had are from Gritin. I'm currently using the cable from Audeze but I've used the Gritin ones for the Mobius too. I've used those cables for pretty much everything (gamepad, thrown in a bag with a charger, rolled, unrolled, ...) and they never failed.

https://www.igritin.com/collections.../gritin-cable-3-pack-1-5m-charging-light-grey

Problem is, they don't seem to be available anymore and the maximum size was 2m only anyway. But there are a lot of similar cables on Amazon, so I guess you could find something similar.

Mar 25, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #5,741 of 5,780
Hey all,

So, my Mobius completely disappeared from my desktop lol. No output or input option. Just vanished the other day. I have tried reinstalling the hub, obviously turning on/off the headset. Not sure what has happened.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Mar 26, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #5,742 of 5,780
Hey all,

So, my Mobius completely disappeared from my desktop lol. No output or input option. Just vanished the other day. I have tried reinstalling the hub, obviously turning on/off the headset. Not sure what has happened.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Asks for a classical trouble-shooting to isolate the problem:
• Does Mobius power-on?
• Mobius discharged? Charge with an external PSU.
• Switch USB cable.
• Power-cycle Mobius.
• Power cycle host.
• Switch host’s USB-port.
• Try a different host.
• Try Mobius‘ analog input.
• Try Mobius on Bluetooth.

Number one suspect is the Audeze supplied USB cable, it’s notoriously unreliable.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #5,743 of 5,780
So these are unavailable everywhere, did the Maxwells technically replace the Mobius? I’m holding out for the next Mobius. I really want 3d audio built into the headset. I know some don’t use it but I’m one of the few who love using it in certain situations. I heard there might be a new generation coming out.

May 2, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #5,744 of 5,780
I heard there might be a new generation coming out.
I hope you are right. With an HTPC they're still the best surround emulation I've found. Too bad they can't handle Atmos and DTS-X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back