Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jun 10, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #5,747 of 5,780
With Netflix's "Test Patterns" surround sound channel identification, does the LFE channel work with the Mobius in "7.1 mode" on *Windows*? BTW, the LFE "channel" normally plays it's tone unannounced after the Center channel tone. Link to Test Patterns (no longer searchable in the Netflix app...but you can still add it to your Netflix list).

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/80018499

I get the LFE tone from Test Patterns on speakers and with Airpods on Apple TV, but not with the Mobius on Nvidia Shield TV.

Jul 4, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #5,748 of 5,780
Hi, I have a hyperx cloud orbit (no s), same mobius driver without bt and head tracking; I would add a bt DAC to use with an Oppo find X3 neo for listening. What do you think about the SHANLING UP4 2022? I ve found it at about 50€ on Amazon

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #5,749 of 5,780
I got tired of mobius/hyperx orbit s going to sleep when connected to pc over usb, so I made a script to keep headphones alive. Seems to work for me for the last few weeks.

Edit: rewrote in C++ as well, some cheat detection gets angry at any ahk script running.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D_Ulo8aIfkVpN0L5wh_JKBOArrM8Akph

Code:
PlaySilence.

This script plays a short silent wave file every three minutes, ensuring headphones with sleep timers don't go to sleep, or other devices.

If you have autohotkey installed, use PlaySilenceEveryXseconds.ahk

But I rewrote the autohotkey script in C++ because some cheat detection will detect any autohotkey script running as a problem.
The compiled executable is PlaySilenceEveryXseconds.exe (source included as PlaySilenceEveryXseconds.cpp)

Installation, to start with Windows:

1. Place PlaySilenceEveryXseconds.wav and PlaySilenceEveryXseconds.exe into any folder that will remain untouched, like C:\mystartupscripts\PlaySilence\
2. Create a shortcut to script by right clicking the file, and selecting create a shortcut here. 
3. Copy the "PlaySilenceEveryXseconds.exe - Shortcut" file to  “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp” folder
4. script will now run on reboot

-Quakeulus

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #5,750 of 5,780
With Netflix's "Test Patterns" surround sound channel identification, does the LFE channel work with the Mobius in "7.1 mode" on *Windows*? BTW, the LFE "channel" normally plays it's tone unannounced after the Center channel tone. Link to Test Patterns (no longer searchable in the Netflix app...but you can still add it to your Netflix list).

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/80018499

I get the LFE tone from Test Patterns on speakers and with Airpods on Apple TV, but not with the Mobius on Nvidia Shield TV.
I believe this is a netflix+nvidia shield issue. Do you have 5.1 speakers to test on as well? did you try changing from PCM to DTS?
Hi, I have a hyperx cloud orbit (no s), same mobius driver without bt and head tracking; I would add a bt DAC to use with an Oppo find X3 neo for listening. What do you think about the SHANLING UP4 2022? I ve found it at about 50€ on Amazon
Could you elaborate what model you have? I'm not aware of any other headphones that have planar audeze drivers except for the HyperX Cloud Orbit S, which does have headtracking, but no bluetooth. The HyperX Cloud -anything else is a completely different headphone.

Aug 4, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #5,752 of 5,780
https://www.bpm-power.com/it/online/audio/cuffie-pc/hyperx-cloud-orbit-uhhpxrmborbit00-b1559449
Orbit minus headtracking. They sound great, I use it for gaming and listening ,unfortunately isn't possible bypass the inner dac/amp
I'm still confused. What does the software show? Can you take a picture of the two inner sides of the headband? It should have model info there.

It seems there is a non-S for international markets, but it's the same thing as S, no bluetooth, but has 7.1 and nx (headtracking):
1691130464837.png

https://www.amazon.ae/HyperX-HX-HSCO-GM-WW-Cloud-Headset/dp/B07WHFHHCM

It's possible to bypass the inner dac/amp but it requires soldering, and kind of defeats the purpose of the headphones a bit, it just makes them dumb headphones. I think I saw a post somewhere but can't find it at the moment.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #5,757 of 5,780
A new problem with my indiegogo mobius. After replacing the earcups with new ones because the leather was falling apart and 3d printing a new cup holder for the left earcup (it started to crack under the weight of the left earcup) i have a new problem that i really dont know how to fix anymore - the left headband starts to crack slowly, the clamp force is already very weak. Is there any fix or should i finally look for a new headset thats more sturdy?

signal-2023-08-20-203222_003.jpeg
signal-2023-08-20-203222_002.jpeg

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #5,760 of 5,780
Contact us at support@audeze.com for assistance.

I already contacted the support a year ago when my left earcup holder broke. Since the device is out of warrenty they offered me a B-Stock Mobius for around 150 usd (with taxes). Then i also would have to pay around 75 usd for customs (I'm in europe). Which makes it far to expensive. Thats why i had to 3d print the Cup in the first place. The problem is with this new broken piece i don't know how to fix it myself, with or without 3d printer :frowning2:

This really sucks since the headphones are otherwise very good and too good to throw away just because of a crack but i guess if its broken theres not much i can do. My hope is that someone on this message board has an idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back