Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 12, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #4,741 of 5,780
I think I did have the ASIO driver running. I uninstalled it for now since I don't really need it at the moment.

Apr 15, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #4,743 of 5,780
Is there a way to prevent me from hearing my own voice on headphones without completely turning off the microphone?
That is, I would like others to hear my voice but I don't hear mine on headphones

There should be an option in the microphone settings to turn it off. There should also be a speakers setting to mute the mic input. Either way should work.

Apr 15, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #4,744 of 5,780
Is there a way to prevent me from hearing my own voice on headphones without completely turning off the microphone?
That is, I would like others to hear my voice but I don't hear mine on headphones

That's sidetone and there is no clear cut option to disable it. It disables by not increasing the microphone volume above default (which I think is 52%). So, higher than that, you start getting sidetone. Leave it at the default and turn up the Windows/Mac/whatever input volume to the max instead (if you need more mic input)

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #4,745 of 5,780
There should be an option in the microphone settings to turn it off. There should also be a speakers setting to mute the mic input. Either way should work.
No, it is not a software configuration problem on the operating system side, but headphone hardware.
In fact, even if you have disconnected them from everything and turn up the volume of the microphone, you can hear your voice in the headphones.

That's sidetone and there is no clear cut option to disable it. It disables by not increasing the microphone volume above default (which I think is 52%). So, higher than that, you start getting sidetone. Leave it at the default and turn up the Windows/Mac/whatever input volume to the max instead (if you need more mic input)
Thank you :wink:

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #4,746 of 5,780
I have two things i wanted to ask with about my Mobius (Indiegogo Edition).

First off - it came to my attention that it doesn't remember the equalizer settings i set in the app. For example i always want to use default but when i start the app it always shows the flat one as selected. I use the 2D High-Res Mode if that makes any difference.

Secondly, i wanted to ask which are the best Settings for the latest Call of Duty (Modern Warfare). Currently i also use the 2D High-Res mode but i'm unsure if one of the 7.1 + 3D Modes would actually perform better in some situations. Are there any recommendations for it?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #4,747 of 5,780
I have two things i wanted to ask with about my Mobius (Indiegogo Edition).

First off - it came to my attention that it doesn't remember the equalizer settings i set in the app. For example i always want to use default but when i start the app it always shows the flat one as selected. I use the 2D High-Res Mode if that makes any difference.

Secondly, i wanted to ask which are the best Settings for the latest Call of Duty (Modern Warfare). Currently i also use the 2D High-Res mode but i'm unsure if one of the 7.1 + 3D Modes would actually perform better in some situations. Are there any recommendations for it?
If you update the firmware, it should fix problem 1. Not sure if it would be helpful, the sound designer for COD (Modern Warfare) uses Mobius in 7.1. We plan to have an interview with him on our website next week :xf_cool:

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 17, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #4,748 of 5,780
In the context of updating Mobius firmware I want, one more time again, point on one fact:
The AUDEZE supplied USB-A to USB-C cable is of inadequate quality and can cause huge problems during this process.

Here again, even after having treated the connector with high quality contact cleaner, the connection became unstable after being unused for a month or so.
If this happens during the firmware upgrade it can brick Mobius.

I have the Indiegogo version too.
I could make the cable work stable again after a retreat with Teslanol T6, but this seems to be a temporary solution only.

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #4,749 of 5,780
In the context of updating Mobius firmware I want, one more time again, point on one fact:
The AUDEZE supplied USB-A to USB-C cable is of inadequate quality and can cause huge problems during this process.

Here again, even after having treated the connector with high quality contact cleaner, the connection became unstable after being unused for a month or so.
If this happens during the firmware upgrade it can brick Mobius.

I have the Indiegogo version too.
I could make the cable work stable again after a retreat with Teslanol T6, but this seems to be a temporary solution only.
Just saying...somebody did. Of the Orbit cloud S or my RMA'd Mobius came with a very thick braded USB-A to USB-C cable that our Indiegogo version did not. I'd like to say there were 2 and one came with my Mobius replacement, but I can't seem to find the second one among my mess, it's been a hetic few weeks here moving things around. I just stuck all the cables in the hardshell with the Mobius and one could of easily been set aside somewhere else. Didn't use the cable, but it also came with the thin one we all complained about which I have 2 of. So I do feel they took what you said serious and somewhere down the line it will be reflected in their future products.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #4,750 of 5,780
If you update the firmware, it should fix problem 1. Not sure if it would be helpful, the sound designer for COD (Modern Warfare) uses Mobius in 7.1. We plan to have an interview with him on our website next week :xf_cool:

Thank you for your reply, i will try the Firmware Update :)
A Interview with the COD Sound Designer sounds very exciting to me, where on the Audeze Site will it be published or do you have a Newsletter?

Apr 24, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #4,752 of 5,780
Do most people use the Mobius in wired mode? The HyperX Cloud Orbit and Orbit S (rebadged Mobius without bluetooth) are on sale today, $200/$230 respectively. I am thinking about getting it for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back