Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 5, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #4,726 of 5,780
Apr 6, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #4,727 of 5,780
That is exactly what I've done with my 2F for a working from home "conferencing headset".
Oh nice dude thanks. I'm gonna order it right now... Honestly, I find myself listening to my Lola's more and more and had even though of selling the LCD-2's. Now I can use them for something productive... Star Wars Battlefront 2 :)

*edit* I guess the only question would be if the Xbox One controlled puts out enough juice to make the sound loud enough to be pleasant on the LCD-2's. Intuitively, I'm doubtful that a controller that small could cut the mustard.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #4,729 of 5,780
I just got a set of these, still working things out but really impressed so far.

One thing I realised, when walking around on Bluetooth, there is no mic on the headphones (I won't have the boom mic plugged in), so I can't answer calls on the go, is that right?

Thanks

Apr 6, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #4,730 of 5,780
I just got a set of these, still working things out but really impressed so far.

One thing I realised, when walking around on Bluetooth, there is no mic on the headphones (I won't have the boom mic plugged in), so I can't answer calls on the go, is that right?

Thanks
Yeah as far as I know there is no built in mic so you'd need to attach it to take calls on the go, yes. It does work for that in BT but it has to be attached

Apr 6, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #4,732 of 5,780
Ok thanks for confirming.

I wonder if there is a little nubbin' type mic I could put in it?....
Theoretically any 3.5mm electret mic that can run at sufficient volume with about 2.3V tip to sleeve mic bias voltage would work with it. That's what I measured Mobius outputting. The biggest issue you'll have is definitely the fit. The mic input hole is keyed and quite recessed, which I assume is to discourage usage of a 3rd party option.

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #4,737 of 5,780
This may be a dumb question, but how do I find out how much battery the headphones have left if I can't plug into a computer?

I haven't been able to find a mobile app.

Thanks
connecting them to my iphone shows the battery as an icon in the top right. It's not exact, but it's pretty obvious whether the battery is full, 50%, or below 20%. I haven't tested it, but apparently siri will tell you numerical battery percentages if you ask her.

Apr 11, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #4,739 of 5,780
Had an interesting issue today.
I was playing forza and running discord with my friend, on my end all the audio sped up and on his all the audio slowed down.
So he sounded like a chipmunk and I sounded like a demon but only with audio sent thru the headphones.
I switched devices and everything sounded normal, very entertaining but weird.

Apr 12, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #4,740 of 5,780
Had an interesting issue today.
I was playing forza and running discord with my friend, on my end all the audio sped up and on his all the audio slowed down.
So he sounded like a chipmunk and I sounded like a demon but only with audio sent thru the headphones.
I switched devices and everything sounded normal, very entertaining but weird.
Typically this happens when you have USB driver sampling rate issue. Were you using the Mobius with a standard USB driver or ASIO driver. Usually a USB plug/unplug should fix the issue.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back