Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Aug 6, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #4,081 of 5,780
You're not sounding rude, but the v3 firmware at least DOES treat the sound differently in 7.1 3D off and 2.0 even if the source is 2.0. Just try it yourself.
You have the v5, you might not have my issues. I'm on the v3 firmware and it is closer to 3D On without headtracking on the v5
I just tried it and I cannot hear a single difference between Stereo and 7.1 modes with 3D off. This was tested with music and with stereo pink noise. Are you certain you have the room emulation working with 3D off in 7.1 mode? Are you on a beta firmware or the public v3 release? When I was on v3 I don't remember 3D off being any different from what it is now. If you are on a beta v3 firmware that could explain it. They had a "3D On" mode (no headtracking) while the public one did not due to stability issues. It could be that your "3D Off" got switched with the "3D On" mode and that's what you're hearing.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #4,082 of 5,780
EDIT : V3 only has 3D Manual and Auto, so I'm forced to use the borked headtracking that will completely lose where I'm facing everytime I look on the right/left screen fast and back to the center screen. Just doing this twice will just throw off headtracking and bork my sound.
Maybe you have a faulty unit because I can swing my head around as much and as fast as I like and I never get any issues. I never have, on any firmware. If simply moving your head to the side and back throws off the tracking something is wrong.

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #4,083 of 5,780
Maybe it is a beta v3, I don't know, headtracking has always been problematic as soon as I'm moving my head fast, when on the desktop (where I don't go left-right-center in less than a second) I'm only having minimal and negligible loss. When playing any type of space/plane/car sim where I have to be constantly checking everywhere that's when the headtracking just goes completely off after a few seconds in a tense situation/dogfight. There are a few posts on reddit raising awareness of this issue, but then again moving any type of gyro really fast creates the same issue, most softwares only use acceleration as a measure so when you're moving too fast it will drift in the opposite direction (because it needs to stabilize)

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #4,084 of 5,780
Maybe it is a beta v3, I don't know, headtracking has always been problematic as soon as I'm moving my head fast, when on the desktop (where I don't go left-right-center in less than a second) I'm only having minimal and negligible loss. When playing any type of space/plane/car sim where I have to be constantly checking everywhere that's when the headtracking just goes completely off after a few seconds in a tense situation/dogfight. There are a few posts on reddit raising awareness of this issue, but then again moving any type of gyro really fast creates the same issue, most softwares only use acceleration as a measure so when you're moving too fast it will drift in the opposite direction (because it needs to stabilize)
After trying for a bit I can get it to lose track but only if I turn my head way faster than I would in any normal situation. I actually had to hold it to my head otherwise it would fly off. If you're really moving your head that fast I don't think there's anything that can be done about that. Just try to move your head slower I guess. If it happens quite easily it might just be a defective unit. For me it takes some serious effort to get it to lose track.

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #4,085 of 5,780
So I left my headset plugged in last night like usual. Before I turned it on, upon getting home this evening, I unplugged it and let it connect to my phone via Bluetooth to check the battery. Now, while it turned on it was only at 10% battery life. So there is definitely discharge even with the latest firmware. Not sure why it decided to stop at 10% or if I caught it just before it was about to finish discharging.

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #4,086 of 5,780
I always get erroneous battery readings over bluetooth even when it's 100%charged. I think they said the new firmware would address that iirc.

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #4,088 of 5,780
If I've left it plugged in and powered off I just assume it's full.

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #4,089 of 5,780
Thanks for posting your findings. It is a little weird that the headset's battery discharges when left plugged in and turned off. Though I think I remember Kmann or another user explaining why the battery discharges last year via the forums. Hopefully it can fixed at some point!

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #4,090 of 5,780
I've never had it discharge when it's powered off only if it's left powered on.

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #4,093 of 5,780
Just here to give a headsup to the problems I was having.
The finnish started flaking after a year ( I had the indigogo pre-order model, shipped to Belgium, EU just about a year ago ).
Both sides of the adjustment system on the headband cracked, one side severely, resulting in a very bad seal and soundquality loss.

Results in a RMA to Cali, which cost me €85 by registered B-post shipping. Not Audeze's fault, really, but you can imagine I wasn't too happy about that.

A week later, I was granted a replacement Copper unit which arrived a few days ago ( 2-3 weeks after I RMA'd ). It is definately a replacement since the S/N is different.

Having used my Xonar STX with Beyer MMX300 for 3 weeks I have to say I missed the Mobius a lot. I'm happy with that.
Accoring to the HQ app, it came with GD32 FW v 1.71. Got no clue is that is the most recent, since the firmware website has been down since I got the replacement unit.
It also didn't come with the mic pop filter ( I had thought they'd include that by now ).
Can I, by chance, check the hardware version? Just for info, I'll not demand the most recent HW version :).

Shall probbaly go for the ICE ear cushions as well. It does get hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back