Audeze Mobius review / impressions
May 14, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #3,692 of 5,780
GREAT REVIEW!
wow the experience I was looking for! as a non-gamer, only for listening to music and some movies .... so, for this same type of use, promote mobius more than sony and bose?
I only own the Sony XM3's, but it sounds like if you don't need active noise cancelling, go with the mobius. I need ANC for my commute, so now I'm saving up to buy the mobius for my PC :)

May 14, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #3,693 of 5,780
I've lately been facing a weird issue with 3D OFF while on 7.1 connected to my Macbook Pro via USB.

I'm on the v3 firmware. So when I power cycle the Mobius and play something, the 3D should remain turned OFF, right? What happens is that 3D is enabled and I can verify it by turning my head left and right.

And even weirder, when I press the 3D button to cycle modes, it first goes to 3D Manual and then 3D Auto. Meaning it was supposedly on 3D OFF all this time but somehow still playing 3D audio.

Anyone else face this?

May 14, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #3,694 of 5,780
I've lately been facing a weird issue with 3D OFF while on 7.1 connected to my Macbook Pro via USB.

I'm on the v3 firmware. So when I power cycle the Mobius and play something, the 3D should remain turned OFF, right? What happens is that 3D is enabled and I can verify it by turning my head left and right.

And even weirder, when I press the 3D button to cycle modes, it first goes to 3D Manual and then 3D Auto. Meaning it was supposedly on 3D OFF all this time but somehow still playing 3D audio.

Anyone else face this?
It is a known bug and we have a fix for it on next update.

May 15, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #3,698 of 5,780
GREAT REVIEW!
wow the experience I was looking for! as a non-gamer, only for listening to music and some movies .... so, for this same type of use, promote mobius more than sony and bose?

The predecessor to my Mobius was a Sony 1ABT and I also tried the XM2 & XM3. Out of memory I would say they all have that “Sony popular fun sound”, pronounced bass, slightly recessed mids and smooth highs. And they get it to sound clean, so not muddy at all.

The Mobius is tuned more flat than the Sonys and it has that fantastic fast dry impact. You get more details and separation without losing the fun part :)

From your name I assume you are an EU resident? Sony has cut of the maximum volume on their devices due to EU regulations and they’ve done that very thoroughly. Depending on your source or recordings it might be a bit annoying. The Mobius just gets loud.

And if range is a factor: my old Sony had a better Bluetooth range than the Mobius. After about 5-6 meters through one wall the Mobius starts cutting of, the Sony did about 3 meters more.

It is a question of preference and if you need ANC. I like the Sony sound and I even think that the Sonys have a better build quality and are more comfortable but I like the sound of the Mobius more.

May 15, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #3,699 of 5,780
The predecessor to my Mobius was a Sony 1ABT and I also tried the XM2 & XM3. Out of memory I would say they all have that “Sony popular fun sound”, pronounced bass, slightly recessed mids and smooth highs. And they get it to sound clean, so not muddy at all.

The Mobius is tuned more flat than the Sonys and it has that fantastic fast dry impact. You get more details and separation without losing the fun part :)

From your name I assume you are an EU resident? Sony has cut of the maximum volume on their devices due to EU regulations and they’ve done that very thoroughly. Depending on your source or recordings it might be a bit annoying. The Mobius just gets loud.

And if range is a factor: my old Sony had a better Bluetooth range than the Mobius. After about 5-6 meters through one wall the Mobius starts cutting of, the Sony did about 3 meters more.

It is a question of preference and if you need ANC. I like the Sony sound and I even think that the Sonys have a better build quality and are more comfortable but I like the sound of the Mobius more.

Yes, I'm Italian, and I noticed a drop in volume levels, for example Bose qc35II always sounded at 90% to achieve emotional involvement.... The only one able to surprise me in this respect was Aventho wireless. In fact Mobius has a dry and detailed sound, but at the same time the bass are present. With the active 3d has a great soundstage.... But it remains cumbersome and little portable for my use not by gamer... Something still does not convince me.... And I think every now and then at Beyer... I ended up in the rabbit hole too!

May 15, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #3,701 of 5,780
Yes, I'm Italian, and I noticed a drop in volume levels, for example Bose qc35II always sounded at 90% to achieve emotional involvement.... The only one able to surprise me in this respect was Aventho wireless. In fact Mobius has a dry and detailed sound, but at the same time the bass are present. With the active 3d has a great soundstage.... But it remains cumbersome and little portable for my use not by gamer... Something still does not convince me.... And I think every now and then at Beyer... I ended up in the rabbit hole too!

Indeed there are far more to choose from now than the last time I was looking for a portable headphone, a lot of the established companies now are selling a Bluetooth option.
And from what I have tried so far, most of them are trying to implement their house sound, so if you like the typical Bayer sound there is more than one option. I had only a chance to try the Aventho for maybe 10 minutes and I think it is made for an other target group than e.g. Sony. The Audeze might be somewhere in in between.

May 15, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #3,702 of 5,780
Hey hoo

I own my mobius for 6 month and i did some firmware update this year. What i miss? I miss some webpage, ankerpoint, newspage, updatenews,... a place where i easily go and look for updates and news. Is there a new firmware? Go there and look. Takes me a few seconds to check. Is there a new feature? Go there and look.

Here in this thread u read some part and you have to look for the post which begun the diskussion. It takes some time to get to the here&now point about the mobius.

May 15, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #3,703 of 5,780
Indeed there are far more to choose from now than the last time I was looking for a portable headphone, a lot of the established companies now are selling a Bluetooth option.
And from what I have tried so far, most of them are trying to implement their house sound, so if you like the typical Bayer sound there is more than one option. I had only a chance to try the Aventho for maybe 10 minutes and I think it is made for an other target group than e.g. Sony. The Audeze might be somewhere in in between.

For this they are in trouble, Mobius for movies is not rivals, but really, Aventho however hits in a very addictive and clean, is more portable... But the soundstage compared to Mobius in 3d is tighter. But the volume as I said a while ago is stronger. Sony doesn't inspire me. For the rest I see no better. And I always talk about closed headphones because open do not suit my use.

May 15, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #3,704 of 5,780
Any chance you've tried out the amrion home wireless or headphones of the sort on this front? I've been thinking about getting a more relaxed headphone that I can use at home and at work but bluetooth!
I owned the Amiron Wireless for a few months and currently own the Mobius. Regarding sound quality, they're of equal caliber IMO, just different sound signatures. I sold the AW because I had trouble getting a good seal with them which is necessary for bringing out excellent bass response.

May 15, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #3,705 of 5,780
I owned the Mobius and XM3 at the same time. The XM3 sounded pretty muffled compared to the Mobius. I ended up returning the XM3 due to a clicking problem with the left side which is pretty common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back