Audeze Mobius review / impressions
May 10, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #3,661 of 5,780
A new lcd2, the king is dead, long live the king! ... it looks like a lcd-4z or lcd-mx4 but with a mic attached to the cable. ye that cable+mic is worth a new headphone. Downscaling the mx4 was to be expected.

here is the page: https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-collection/lcd-gx

Somehow I think those are still 400+ grams headphones. I never got used to the lcd2c/cb's weight

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #3,662 of 5,780
Somehow I think those are still 400+ grams headphones. I never got used to the lcd2c/cb's weight
My el8s with some modifications to the headband disappear on my head despite the 450g weight, good pads and a suspension headband or at least a headband with high contact area make a huge difference.

May 11, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #3,665 of 5,780
I'm having kind of a weird problem. When I set my mobius audeze to 7.1, I hear like a "double" sound on every game, like everything sounds "double", the volume is way higher this way though. When I set it to hi rez, I dont hear the double sound, but the volume is lower, significantly lower. Not sure why this is hapenning, or if it is directly my mobius headphones, Im wondering if anyone knows something I could do.

I try the headphones if default, flat and steps mode.

May 11, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #3,666 of 5,780
When I put my mobius in hi-res mode my windows can't find any device :frowning2:
In stereo or 7.1 mode 2 devices are found (mic and headphones).
I've tried with the original and other cables, tried in an usb 3 port directly and via hub, but nothing ...

On my nokia 8.1 the mode is either AAC or SBC, though the Nokia has Android 9 LDAC never shows up.
Updated the firmware to v3 (1.55) but that didn't do much. I hear some hiss while nothing is playing.
Anyone has some tips? I've been scanning the 245 pages but I can't seem to find the answers.

May 11, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #3,669 of 5,780
I'm having kind of a weird problem. When I set my mobius audeze to 7.1, I hear like a "double" sound on every game, like everything sounds "double", the volume is way higher this way though. When I set it to hi rez, I dont hear the double sound, but the volume is lower, significantly lower. Not sure why this is hapenning, or if it is directly my mobius headphones, Im wondering if anyone knows something I could do.

I try the headphones if default, flat and steps mode.

Same problem. Audeze on twitter said to turn down the ambience room settings in the app but it did nothing. On 7.1 there's constantly double sounds in PubG... Doors, etc.

Not sure how to solve it.

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #3,670 of 5,780
Same problem. Audeze on twitter since to turn down the ambience room settings in the app but it did nothing. On 7.1 there's constantly double sounds in PubG... Doors, etc.

Not sure how to solve it.

Me neither, its been happening since about two months ago.

In fortnite is super noticeable, in Rocket League I hear dounle sounds on every counter. Hopefully someone else will find a solution or report it to Audeze Mobius.

May 11, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #3,673 of 5,780
When I put my mobius in hi-res mode my windows can't find any device :frowning2:
In stereo or 7.1 mode 2 devices are found (mic and headphones).
I've tried with the original and other cables, tried in an usb 3 port directly and via hub, but nothing ...

On my nokia 8.1 the mode is either AAC or SBC, though the Nokia has Android 9 LDAC never shows up.
Updated the firmware to v3 (1.55) but that didn't do much. I hear some hiss while nothing is playing.
Anyone has some tips? I've been scanning the 245 pages but I can't seem to find the answers.

With the hiss and recognising the correct device, I always have to unplug and replug the Mobius in after changing modes. Usually works fine after that.

May 11, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #3,675 of 5,780
Can't wait for impressions between this and the new Audeze LCD headphones...
Why wait, compare it to a lcd2, 3, or mx4 =p Better sounding headphones with 30less features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back