Audeze Mobius review / impressions
May 6, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #3,646 of 5,780
Where did you find the pads? European store?
I ordered directly from Audeze in the US. Don't do that the shipping cost is far too high. I paid €137,30 EUR for two sets of the pads plus 19% customs fee plus 10€ FedEx handling fee for the customs process. so around 172€ for two sets of pads. I took two sets to minimize the transportation cost impact, lol. But I got them rather fast pus two pop filters for the mic. Lessons learned. If you want a set, shoot me a PM and let us agree on a good price.

May 6, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #3,647 of 5,780
Thank you - presumably then the DAC in the earphones are better than the iphone. I take it an after market CCK will be fine? I use Momentum 2 on ear headphones at the moment which are wired, so I'm not too concerned about the bluetooth.
Thanks for your reply.
No matter how you connect the Mobius, it's own DAC (and DSP) is always in the signal path.
There is no direct connection to the drivers if you do use the analog "Aux" input: analog is converted to digital, DSP'ed and then DAC'ed.
The sound thru this path is absolutely OK, nothing to worry about.
The Aux input can take a max. level of 1.8V, iPhone (non EU-crippled version) puts out 1V at max. gain - quite a good fit.

There is - to my knowledge - no aftermarket CCK.
Use the original Apple one, costs some 35$.
There are two versions, one with additional lightnig power connector and a 2nd one without.
You need to switch off Mobius battery charging if you use the 2nd one: press and hold the volume button until the gypsy muse tells you " Charging off".

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #3,648 of 5,780
No matter how you connect the Mobius, it's own DAC (and DSP) is always in the signal path.
There is no direct connection to the drivers if you do use the analog "Aux" input: analog is converted to digital, DSP'ed and then DAC'ed.

There is - to my knowledge - no aftermarket CCK.
Use the original Apple one, cost ssome 35$.
There are two versions, one with additional lightnig power connector and a 2nd one without.
You need to switch off Mobius battery charging if you use the 2nd one: press and hold the volume button until the gypsy muse tells you " Charging off".
Yes that makes sense and no point converting to analog to convert to digital to convert to analog again lol

May 6, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #3,649 of 5,780
We have made it generic in the first version. However, our goal is to get more feedback and fine tune it. Technically it will work with any software.

Sounds good. Not sure what "generic" entails but I guess we'll soon find out! I'm just looking to have Mobius send keystrokes to Windows so I can use AHK (AutoHotkey) to handle a few of my everyday basic tasks. Just think.. delete system32 with a single nod!

May 7, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #3,650 of 5,780
How exactly do you do it? What motion? Do you squeeze it/stretch it/rotate it?
Just grab the coloured plastic part firmly grab the respective earpiece firmly with the other hand and lift the coloured ring with the pad off the earpiece.
15572224791463589543451759590260.jpg

I asked a page or so ago but got no reply or anything.. Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement wired (3.5mm) connection suitable for gaming?
It is hard to recommend anything here. The plug is very thin and it has 4 contacts as it contains the mic signal. That is always a tricky fit.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #3,652 of 5,780
Audeze announced a New Gaming Headset... the LCD-GX.. For those who love to play their Audiophile Tunes while Gaming..

"The Audeze LCD-GX is handcrafted in Audeze’s California factory featuring magnesium housing, memory foam ear pads, and a weight-reducing suspension headband design for long-lasting comfort during marathon gaming sessions. The detachable microphone cable includes a mute button and flexible gooseneck arm, allowing customized positioning to ensure the optimal angle when communicating with online teammates. The GX also includes a standard LCD series headphone cable for use without the mic, and a splitter/adapter for the separate mic and headphone signals. A foam pop filter is included with each LCD-GX to further reduce unwanted noise and improve voice clarity.

The Audeze LCD-GX will begin shipping in July 2019 and retail for $899"

tvU_yJfT.jpeg _WjQy8IE.jpeg xMi-wOYn.jpeg YPwrXF-M.png sUgR6KZ3.png F9d7LaCC.jpeg

May 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #3,653 of 5,780
I hope I can get my hands on a pair some day. I game over 8+ hours a day, always with headphones/headsets, and while I love my Mobius for gaming, having an Audeze option for gaming that lasts throughout my entire playtime would be amazing!

May 10, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #3,655 of 5,780
Audeze had said that the Mobius was for audiophile gamers.... Now they propose one with the same purpose.... why?
I'd say the GX is more top tier. It is part of the LCD series, and it doesn't require you to recharge. You can have different tiers of audiophile cans, and we do. Every company does it. It isn't so strange that they have a new, more expensive/top tier gaming can.

May 10, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #3,656 of 5,780
Probably is a "retuned" LCD-2 Classic, isn't it?

May 10, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #3,657 of 5,780
Its seems a strange thing to bring out, but I guess it does make sense in so far as having one set of cans for all purposes.. Saves spending $500 on audiophile headphones and then $300 on Gaming headphones, now you can have one set that is better then both, like the best of both worlds.. Head Tracking, 7.1 surround, etc aren't for everyone and often are of limited use in most games.

May 10, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #3,658 of 5,780
I got Mobius because it's a headset that matches the best of audiophile sound with planar drivers, balanced DAC, and the best of 3d gaming and head tracking.... This raises a little bit more the level..... I just hope that Audeze does not neglect the Mobius project at this point, I'm still waiting for an app for iOS is a way to figure out how much battery I have available....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back