Audeze Mobius review / impressions
May 15, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #3,706 of 5,780
I couldn’t find a source in Europe for the gel-pads and ordering directly from Audeze would cost $60 just for shipping. Audeze itself also sells the pads through amazon.com with amazon handling the shipping and it will cost only $15 including customs fees, but only in blue… Copper isn’t available for shipping to Germany. Why is that? And will it be available in Europe/Germany?

I could not resist and ordered the copper gel pads from Audeze diirectly to Gemany. To easy my pain from the tremendeous shipping cost, plus import tax of 19%, I ordered 2 sets. So I have a brandnew unopened set in my drawer, waiting for a Team Copper Mobius. In total I paid 174,51€ for two sets of gel pads. That is 87,26€ per pair. It includes the pop filter for the mic. If you are interested shoot me a pm. Btw, the gel pads are wort the price and even 87,26 € is a bargain compared to what Sony as an example charges for pads.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #3,707 of 5,780
I could not resist and ordered the copper gel pads from Audeze diirectly to Gemany. To easy my pain from the tremendeous shipping cost, plus import tax of 19%, I ordered 2 sets. So I have a brandnew unopened set in my drawer, waiting for a Team Copper Mobius. In total I paid 174,51€ for two sets of gel pads. That is 87,26€ per pair. It includes the pop filter for the mic. If you are interested shoot me a pm. Btw, the gel pads are wort the price and even 87,26 € is a bargain compared to what Sony as an example charges for pads.

Hi pietcux,

appreciate your offer but it's already to late because my brother was the solution as he lives in Canada, so I asked him to get a pair and bring them with him on his next visit.

And I also had my experience with Sony spare pads, they are just crazy :fearful:

May 17, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #3,708 of 5,780
It is a known bug and we have a fix for it on next update.

Not sure if this is what he means, but when I have my headphones in 7.1, I hear a "double sound" in games (I guess similar to 3d), and its pretty annoying. Changing it to hi res solves it, but it reduces the volume level significantly.

When is the next update coming approximately?

---

A friend of mine gave me this headphones on december, so I havent experimented much. I use them wired/usb 100% of the time, assuming this is the best possible quality. Using the aux cable improves something? What settings or things you recommend me to try with my mobius. And what is the best use for the 3d settings? Like for what type of media.

Thank you

May 17, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #3,709 of 5,780
Not sure if this is what he means, but when I have my headphones in 7.1, I hear a "double sound" in games (I guess similar to 3d), and its pretty annoying. Changing it to hi res solves it, but it reduces the volume level significantly.

When is the next update coming approximately?

---

A friend of mine gave me this headphones on december, so I havent experimented much. I use them wired/usb 100% of the time, assuming this is the best possible quality. Using the aux cable improves something? What settings or things you recommend me to try with my mobius. And what is the best use for the 3d settings? Like for what type of media.

Thank you
Take off your mic if not needed.

Usb > Bluetooth > aux.

May 17, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #3,710 of 5,780
Take off your mic if not needed.

Usb > Bluetooth > aux.

Sorry if I'm being pedantic, but is SBD bluetooth better than aux (for the mobius)? I would assume it would go USB > Bluetooth (LDAC/AAC) > aux > Bluetooth SBD

Unless the EQ and/or signal processing are different between bluetooth and aux.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #3,711 of 5,780
Sorry if I'm being pedantic, but is SBD bluetooth better than aux (for the mobius)? I would assume it would go USB > Bluetooth (LDAC/AAC) > aux > Bluetooth SBD

Unless the EQ and/or signal processing are different between bluetooth and aux.
Aux should be better than Bluetooth (AAC / LDAC) since it has zero latency and no audible extra noise (beyond the hiss the Mobius inherently has). Bluetooth SBC is audibly degraded and unacceptable.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #3,712 of 5,780
can anyone suggest a USB cable of around 4.5 meters that works with a pc. the strange thing is the cable worked fine until i changed my pc. Now it will not work in my new pc. a shorter cable works ok but not the longer one

May 22, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #3,713 of 5,780
can anyone suggest a USB cable of around 4.5 meters that works with a pc. the strange thing is the cable worked fine until i changed my pc. Now it will not work in my new pc. a shorter cable works ok but not the longer one
I'm using this one - 15m reach everywhere.
There are shorter versions available too.

https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B0042RRQ6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/DELOCK-Ext...tive&qid=1558553627&s=gateway&sr=8-4-fkmrnull

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #3,716 of 5,780
Is it normal to have to recenter every now and then?

Sometimes when I'm moving my head a lot, or if I'm tilting my head for a period of time, the sound moves to the right and loses its original center position, and I need to press the button to center it again.

May 24, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #3,717 of 5,780

Sometimes when I'm moving my head a lot, or if I'm tilting my head for a period of time, the sound moves to the right and loses its original center position, and I need to press the button to center it again.
It's impossible to avoid drift altogether unless you have an external frame of reference. I find the Mobius does a pretty good job of avoiding drift, but it's not perfect. So yes, it's normal to have to re center every now and then.

May 24, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #3,718 of 5,780

Make sure you are using "3D Manual" mode if your center location doesn't change. The "3D Auto" setting will move the center position to where you are looking if it moves for more then a few seconds. Manual mode means you will need to set center when you put them on but once set it should stay correct for longer. As mentioned there is a drift that happens over time but it should be minimised.

May 28, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #3,719 of 5,780
Audeze HQ just got updated along with a new firmware! Haven't seen anybody post about it here yet so here you go!

https://www.audeze.com/audeze-hq-application

EDIT: I had a BSOD while updating, currently awaiting assistance. If I were you I'd hold off for now. See this post for details: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/page-249#post-14978703

EDIT2: DO NOT UPDATE. I was able to recover my Mobius but others were not so lucky. There is a high chance you could brick your Mobius if you do the update. We are currently awaiting a statement from Audeze.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back