Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 11, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #2,986 of 5,780
Ya, they're power hungry, I've resigned myself to charging them all the time =/

At least my Bose Bluetooth headphones function as a regular headset when the batteries run out. No clue what Audeze was thinking about this during their engineering sessions but a dead pair of headphones isn't fun to deal with during a train commute everyday to school.

Mar 11, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #2,987 of 5,780
At least my Bose Bluetooth headphones function as a regular headset when the batteries run out. No clue what Audeze was thinking about this during their engineering sessions but a dead pair of headphones isn't fun to deal with during a train commute everyday to school.

Fortunately portable battery chargers are pretty affordable these days, I know its inconvenient to need another thing, but the reason to use the mobius is for the binaural convolution, and active dsp needs self power.

Mar 11, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #2,989 of 5,780
95.25mm x 82.55mm (exterior)
63.5mm x 50.8 mm
19.05mm depth
Sorry i meant to get that for you but theyre packed away and been busy xD thanks for posting it.

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,990 of 5,780
So, I'm using a Cowon Plenue R....Does anyone else have issues with it getting loud in bluetooth mode or with the 3.5mm cable....It might just be the player, because my Iphone doesn't have an issue...Just curious

Mar 12, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #2,991 of 5,780
So, I'm using a Cowon Plenue R....Does anyone else have issues with it getting loud in bluetooth mode or with the 3.5mm cable....It might just be the player, because my Iphone doesn't have an issue...Just curious

No issue here bluetooth via samsung note9. If your iphone is fine its the player, thats strange for bluetooth though.

Mar 12, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #2,992 of 5,780
Anyone compared the mobius to the beyerdynamic dt1770 pro?

I don't listen to the dt1770 pro anymore, having the Mobius. It used to get some use. If that tells you anything. Part of it may be that I'm in love with the virtual speakers thing though. It sounds different with 3D off. The Mobius has that planar bass sound, and fuller, richer mids. Sounds kind of velvety and smooth in comparison. I did like the dt1770.... literally, tried listening to them recently and went right mack to the Mobius.

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #2,993 of 5,780
You should be actively disallowed from using DSP headphones incorrectly. Audeze made a mistake allowing the iSine 20 to be used without the Cipher cable, which resulted in some negative reviews from clueless audiophiles who think a 3.5mm cable to an overpriced analog amp is superior to the DSP the headphones were designed with. The Audueze Reveal plugin was not available until later, and even after it was launched, deluded audiophiles continued to use the iSine 20 over analog without the plugin.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #2,994 of 5,780
I love the sound of the Mobius.
Been using it with Bluetooth/LDAC and EQ on music.
These are by far the best sounding of the Bluetooth headphones I own.
Thanks for all the great info in this thread.
You helped me decide to get these gems as I couldn't audition them first.

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #2,995 of 5,780
Hi guys,
I have a question for you: I am not a gamer, but I watch movies and listen to music, I love the quality of sound, but I am not a fan of the "flat", I appreciate headphones that for films create a "cinema hall" effect and make the music rich in details .... over the years I have tested various headphones: momentum 2.0 OE - P7 - qc35 - pm3 - dt770 - p7w - h6 2 - m50x - qc35 II now I'm testing these mobius, which for movies compared to the others they have no rivals .... in your opinion, for a similar use, in mobility, without games and mainly with activated bluetooth, mobius is wasted? Do you recommend some solution that is more suitable for the task?

Mar 15, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2,998 of 5,780
Just noticed the headband on my indiegogo copper pair has started to bubble and peel. @Audeze IMG_20190315_084137.jpg Whats your policy on this as far as rma exchange? Never abused and worn maybe twice outside as a test for mobile use when first received in September.

Mar 15, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #2,999 of 5,780
Hi guys,
I have a question for you: I am not a gamer, but I watch movies and listen to music, I love the quality of sound, but I am not a fan of the "flat", I appreciate headphones that for films create a "cinema hall" effect and make the music rich in details .... over the years I have tested various headphones: momentum 2.0 OE - P7 - qc35 - pm3 - dt770 - p7w - h6 2 - m50x - qc35 II now I'm testing these mobius, which for movies compared to the others they have no rivals .... in your opinion, for a similar use, in mobility, without games and mainly with activated bluetooth, mobius is wasted? Do you recommend some solution that is more suitable for the task?
How are you watching movies? what are the Mobius connected to? PC, BDP, tvs bluetooth?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back