Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 24, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #2,941 of 5,780

Attachments

• IMG_20190225_122106.jpg
    IMG_20190225_122106.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 0
Feb 26, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #2,944 of 5,780
Hey @Audeze @KMann , i might need some help from you.

Up until shortly before christmas last year i had an e-mail conversation with one of your support team about details for the top 20 Fan pack, but since then there is only silence, no response to my mails anymore.
If you need any details please PM me, i would really like to finish the process and finally recieve my fan pack :)

Feb 27, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #2,948 of 5,780
Anyone compared the mobius to the beyerdynamic dt1770 pro?

thats a weird one... i can speculate though.

the mobius has builtin 3d and head tracking, the dt1770 is a stereo headphone. yw

did you make a face like this? -.-

;] so the dt1770 is not quite as lively and undamped as some of the lower model beyers, but its still got that bass bump, elevated treble, and low distortion

The Mobius can mimick that signature if you want it to, it can play flat as a board, v shaped, w.e you want really which makes it tough to compare. For me with a pad change and some additional eq they sound really excellent, and I use 3d all the time with room ambience at about 30. They're intensely detailed, balanced and responsive. You can boost the bass up 5db+ if you want with little distortion, and theyve already got quite a bit of treble as I bring that area down about 5db. The built in virtualization, head tracking, and bluetooth 5.0 ldac with planar transducers sets them apart from everything else on the market. I quite literally almost never use my other headphones when I'm not using m desktop systems, unless I need in ears for yard work or something like that.

So ya vs the dt1770s? Mobius wins =p

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #2,949 of 5,780
thats a weird one... i can speculate though.

the mobius has builtin 3d and head tracking, the dt1770 is a stereo headphone. yw

did you make a face like this? -.-

;] so the dt1770 is not quite as lively and undamped as some of the lower model beyers, but its still got that bass bump, elevated treble, and low distortion

The Mobius can mimick that signature if you want it to, it can play flat as a board, v shaped, w.e you want really which makes it tough to compare. For me with a pad change and some additional eq they sound really excellent, and I use 3d all the time with room ambience at about 30. They're intensely detailed, balanced and responsive. You can boost the bass up 5db+ if you want with little distortion, and theyve already got quite a bit of treble as I bring that area down about 5db. The built in virtualization, head tracking, and bluetooth 5.0 ldac with planar transducers sets them apart from everything else on the market. I quite literally almost never use my other headphones when I'm not using m desktop systems, unless I need in ears for yard work or something like that.

So ya vs the dt1770s? Mobius wins =p

Tnx for the comparison.I have the mobius,and just saw an little used dt1770 for sale.Almost brand new.The dt have gotten some great reviews here in norway.I havent used the mobius that much since i got it,due to wife and kid in house.Lol.But i will be trying to use it more.I tried the warm setting today,and man the bass was really great

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #2,950 of 5,780
the drift issue is still present with the latest beta firmware provided to me today
thankfully this forum has a thread search feature and was able to find several people with the same issue.
the fix is not 'auto' since its no different than 'off', the auto re-centers so fast it might as well be off.

Feb 28, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #2,951 of 5,780
So my only general complaint now is... USB-C position. I've run through 4 USB-C belkin cables due to the stress on the cable and connection end after about a month or few weeks longer the USB-C cable connection starts to have issues, the only thing these cables are used for are the mobius, they do not leave the PC, and I straighten them each day I see a twist. the only stress these cables get are the twist from putting the headset down and then picking it back up from on the desk. What is a solid USB-C cable that will resist this kind of use?

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #2,952 of 5,780
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #2,954 of 5,780
Has anyone compared these to the Sony MDR-HW700DS 9.1? I'm currently using the Sony for gaming and movies.

I'd be very interested to know how these handle surround music. The Sony's aren't great with music at all, especially surround.

Could you disable the movement for surround music so it stays with your head?

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #2,955 of 5,780
Has anyone compared these to the Sony MDR-HW700DS 9.1? I'm currently using the Sony for gaming and movies.

I'd be very interested to know how these handle surround music. The Sony's aren't great with music at all, especially surround.

Could you disable the movement for surround music so it stays with your head?

The Mobius trounces all over the HW700DS in terms of fidelity, theyre very good sounding and easily customizable to a prefered sound signature(unless you prefer ringing/resonance or distortion). At the moment they haven't finalized virtualization with head tracking off, but it's better with it on unless you're walking around. Note surround sound is only available through a pc, virtualization is available with anything, I use them exclusively connected to my phone via bluetooth for stereo music with the virtualization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back