Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 20, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #2,911 of 5,780
I hesitate to put Audeze on the spot as I also haven't seen an official release announcement, just a tweet they posted. So I may or may not have received a pop filter from them.

Being a small company, they'd likely not want an influx of requests, but their customer service is top-notch so it wouldn't hurt to send a polite enquiry.. if your mic is truly suffering.

Thinking back, it was the same procedure for the beta firmware. They really try to go the distance and help their customers, unlike any other company I've dealt with in the past. Love these guys.

Edit: just found that tweet. And they replied to someone: "it is already available. please email support@audeze"

https://twitter.com/audeze/status/1082068318389846016

Thanks for the heads up! I was expecting them to make an announcement when the filters were available. Odd way to find out....but I emailed them just the same.

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,912 of 5,780
I hesitate to put Audeze on the spot as I also haven't seen an official release announcement, just a tweet they posted. So I may or may not have received a pop filter from them.

Being a small company, they'd likely not want an influx of requests, but their customer service is top-notch so it wouldn't hurt to send a polite enquiry.. if your mic is truly suffering.

Thinking back, it was the same procedure for the beta firmware. They really try to go the distance and help their customers, unlike any other company I've dealt with in the past. Love these guys.

Edit: just found that tweet. And they replied to someone: "it is already available. please email support@audeze"

Yes please contact support to get one.

We would make it available on the website too but I do not have a ETA on that.

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #2,913 of 5,780
For those interested below is what you need to email support. My initial request was answered within minutes. You cannot ask for better support that that.....

First and last name:
Current shipping address:
Phone number:
Headphones' serial number:

Once we have this info we'll be very glad to help.

The serial number for Mobius can be found on a sticker on the box, and also underneath the right earpad, which can be removed by squeezing the side tabs together and pulling the entire earpad assembly off. (To replace the earpad, just line it up and press down until it clicks into place.)

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #2,914 of 5,780
Does the latest firmware have the "3d ON" setting?

I updated firmware through the audeze app but don't seem to have the 3d ON setting anymore when I had it previously. Cycling through the 3d options gets me automatic, manual and off.

Why would the 3d on setting be removed?

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #2,915 of 5,780

yep. audeze is a small company. they have mouths to feed. don't want to burden them if i don't absolutely need them so to speak.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #2,917 of 5,780
It does not sound like sarcasm to me. Audeze has doubled their Mobius support team. Big cost. The team is busy. So I only contact them as a last resort. And Audeze has been swift and accurate with their technical support.

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #2,919 of 5,780
Does the latest firmware have the "3d ON" setting?

I updated firmware through the audeze app but don't seem to have the 3d ON setting anymore when I had it previously. Cycling through the 3d options gets me automatic, manual and off.

Why would the 3d on setting be removed?
From what I can tell, manual IS "3D ON"

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #2,920 of 5,780
From what I can tell, manual IS "3D ON"
This wasn't the case previously.

3d manual means that you need to manually adjust the center point for head tracking. 3d auto would automatically adjust for your head movement.

3d on was an additional setting they added later that allowed the 3d to be on while keeping head tracking disabled. I'm not sure why they would have removed this additional option.

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #2,921 of 5,780
Audeze has said the ‘3D On’ setting, which disabled head tracking, was too unstable for general release.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #2,925 of 5,780
I hope Audeze plans on addressing the latency issue the Mobius has.

From this Amazon review https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R37QLUZGP13N1/

Using the built in USB audio device on the unit (rather than the analog input on the headphones, it was an astounding 75ms of latency. This was with a buffer size of 64 in ableton, which tells me they have a large hidden buffer inside the headphone itself of maybe 1024 samples or so, which also means they don't have someone on staff capable of writing a professional-grade USB driver.

75ms is a very large delay and IMO, needs to be addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back