Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 22, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #2,926 of 5,780
They hooked up the pop filter within a day for me, great support response.

The only time I've noticed a significant audio delay is when I'm streaming bluetooth from my tv. Otherwise it's been pretty spot on for me.

Feb 22, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #2,928 of 5,780
Like this
For those interested below is what you need to email support. My initial request was answered within minutes. You cannot ask for better support that that.....

First and last name:
Current shipping address:
Phone number:
Headphones' serial number:

Once we have this info we'll be very glad to help.

The serial number for Mobius can be found on a sticker on the box, and also underneath the right earpad, which can be removed by squeezing the side tabs together and pulling the entire earpad assembly off. (To replace the earpad, just line it up and press down until it clicks into place.)

Feb 22, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #2,929 of 5,780
It does not sound like sarcasm to me. Audeze has doubled their Mobius support team. Big cost. The team is busy. So I only contact them as a last resort. And Audeze has been swift and accurate with their technical support.

Hmm, weird, well...at least that explains it.

I regret upgrading to the latest firmware then because I used "3D ON" for months and never noticed a single issue with it.

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #2,931 of 5,780
Feb 24, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #2,932 of 5,780
Does the latest firmware have the "3d ON" setting?

I updated firmware through the audeze app but don't seem to have the 3d ON setting anymore when I had it previously. Cycling through the 3d options gets me automatic, manual and off.

Why would the 3d on setting be removed?
Hmm, weird, well...at least that explains it.

I regret upgrading to the latest firmware then because I used "3D ON" for months and never noticed a single issue with it.
I think I posted not to update the firmware if you already are on the latest Beta that has an option to turn off head tracking. Please contact me via email and I will provide a firmware package to resolve your issue.

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #2,933 of 5,780
I think I posted not to update the firmware if you already are on the latest Beta that has an option to turn off head tracking. Please contact me via email and I will provide a firmware package to resolve your issue.

Hey Kmann,

Will do - I've been away from the forums for some time now. Not up to date on all of the happenings with the Mobius. Talk soon.

Thanks,

Feb 24, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #2,934 of 5,780
The latest firmware fixed my mic issue. I was about to sell these things because it was soooo bad. Now the mic is almost too sensitive.
Has anyone else noticed that with firmware v3 the mic is indeed almost too sensitive? I'm noticing that there is a constant white noise being picked up by the mic, no matter how quiet my environment is. It is definitely audible in voice recording, and it's extremely noticeable when checking Discord's "Input Sensitivity" bar (you can also hear it by enabling the Mic Test). While turning on Discord's "Noise Suppression" helps alleviate the problem, it's still not ideal. Curious to see if this a wider spread issue, or just with my headset.

Feb 24, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #2,936 of 5,780
I recreated the issue I was having in JRiver before. if plugged into my PC while using JRiver if I touch the volume nob on the headphone it will jump to max volume. turning down the volume in Windows brings it back where it is supposed to be.

I've only used JRiver with the Mobius in hi-res mode so I don't know if it might happen in other modes or not and I'd rather not test it

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #2,937 of 5,780
Question:
I have a Sony 4K player UBP-X800 which I just discovered has a dedicated HDMI v1.4 audio output. Would a USB to HDMI adapter pass a 7.1 audio signal from the player to the Mobius?

Thanks in advance for those in the know.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #2,938 of 5,780
i've had my Mobius in storage since i got it(i'm a backer), due to the mic being unsatisfactory
today i took it out and updated the firmware for the first time, pleasantly the mic issue and hiss fixed.

last issue:
when 3D mode set to "manual" while gaming in a still position, the sound positing center point would constantly change and veer off to the left or right at random, sometimes as high as 45° angles, i have to constantly press the 3D button to re-center it.
i reproduce this when i put the Mobius on the stand, go have a break, come back and the center point is lost greatly.
from what i understand 'manual' setting means fixed position at my PC and 'auto' means while travelling in vehicles.

Feb 24, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #2,940 of 5,780
Question:
I have a Sony 4K player UBP-X800 which I just discovered has a dedicated HDMI v1.4 audio output. Would a USB to HDMI adapter pass a 7.1 audio signal from the player to the Mobius?

Thanks in advance for those in the know.

oooo I wonder... see like this device
https://inogeni.com/product/hdmi-to-usb-2-0
says it only outputs lpcm 2.0. so youd have to dig around for something that could output 7.1, maybe it exists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back