Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 16, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #2,716 of 5,780
We will make an announcement shortly about the new Audeze HQ app. However we do not want anyone with the latest Firmware unnecessarily upgrading their Mobius. Currently the Audeze HQ App does not detect the firmware version on Mobius, so it cannot warn you that you already have the latest (we are working to fix that).

If you connect Mobius to USB and switch modes and if one of the modes says '7.1' instead of '7.1 Channel' or 'Stereo' instead of '2 channel', you already have the latest and greatest firmware.

(Edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #2,717 of 5,780
It is a easy fix but it can only be done at our warehouse. Please contact Support.

Sorry, I am situated in Germany and I don't want to wait for three weeks for a replacement. In am returning these and get a different pair of "simpler" closed-back and a separate Wave NX Tracking device.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #2,718 of 5,780
Upgrade was successful, came out of mute and had an odd issue where there was no sound on headphones while un-mute after the upgrade but switching it mute and off again fixed that. Not sure if I can recreate but I'll try over time. Warm preset is certainly a better music experience; there was a whole level 'brought into clarity' on music I'd thought I heard everything with. Still wish, you'd give an accurate detailed description of each EQ level in the sound profiles section. Additionally the Device info section is still useless. I'd love for that page to be a reference feature section vs what it currently is.

Jan 16, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #2,719 of 5,780
Are us Mac OS X users ever going to get the functionality to upgrade the firmware? v3 is out there and I'm still on v1.

I'm asking for, uh, a friend. :D

Jan 16, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #2,721 of 5,780
Okay, i'm having an issue with the new firmware microphone settings or it's a new version of discord, however it seems to lean towards a hardware side as this happens when I'm coming from muted state.

There is some kind of 'delay' on the mic input sensitivity coming out after going from mute on to off state. After a period of time. I'm now testing in discord as i have it set to a fixed input pickup sensitivity. For around 30 seconds to a minute, the microphone pickup is extremely low -100db to -90db then after a set amount of time, the sensitivity jumps to -43db. I'm not sure what's going on but it's happened several times now, and annoying not to the point of unacceptable range of performance but if you cannot trust the mic mute to actually work correctly or perform how it was previously. I at first thought it was a lose connection, but just waited and watched the gain suddenly jump up after doing nothing. The sensitivity and clarity on the mic is much better, only strangeness is the coming out of the mute state and not having the mic pickup for a minute. This could be a discord specific issue or the new firmware but I'm unsure as to how to debug further. Once i'm out of the bugged state it seems to be fine for awhile. I'll see if it happens with AudezeHQ running along side or without and might not happen again till I power down and backup the headset.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #2,722 of 5,780
Okay, i'm having an issue with the new firmware microphone settings or it's a new version of discord, however it seems to lean towards a hardware side as this happens when I'm coming from muted state.

There is some kind of 'delay' on the mic input sensitivity coming out after going from mute on to off state. After a period of time. I'm now testing in discord as i have it set to a fixed input pickup sensitivity. For around 30 seconds to a minute, the microphone pickup is extremely low -100db to -90db then after a set amount of time, the sensitivity jumps to -43db. I'm not sure what's going on but it's happened several times now, and annoying not to the point of unacceptable range of performance but if you cannot trust the mic mute to actually work correctly or perform how it was previously. I at first thought it was a lose connection, but just waited and watched the gain suddenly jump up after doing nothing. The sensitivity and clarity on the mic is much better, only strangeness is the coming out of the mute state and not having the mic pickup for a minute. This could be a discord specific issue or the new firmware but I'm unsure as to how to debug further. Once i'm out of the bugged state it seems to be fine for awhile. I'll see if it happens with AudezeHQ running along side or without and might not happen again till I power down and backup the headset.
Not fully sure I can follow what is happening. Can you email us about the issue you are seeing. We will look into it.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 17, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #2,725 of 5,780
Greetings everyone,

got my pair yesterday and first thing i notice is that as soon as the Mobius is turned on, there is a noticable kind of (low) noise (sough or static, like "yes there i am on standby") when nothing is played back, so it is not 100% quiet. Im still digging through the Thread, but didnt came across this yet. Is this the "normal" behaviour? It is connected via USB to the Pc, but the noise it is there also in BT Mode.

Other than that on the Audeze website it says ""If your Mobius has the 7.1 audio mode it is up to date - DO NOT upgrade firmware". I have it, but on the other hand i miss features with were patched in v3 of the firmware. Can it be that the website just isn't up to date in that regard.

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #2,728 of 5,780
I'm on a MacBook, and have a windows installation via bootcamp. I am able to run the Audeze HQ app as an administrator, and tried to run the update. I followed the instructions of Audeze to the letter, but I received an error that it failed to download the firmware. Is this a known issue and should I just try again (did anybody else experience this?), or does this have to do with the fact that my hardware is a MacBook? I can't imagine the last one, as it is no VM or anyhting like that and I've never had any issues with other peripherals because of it.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #2,729 of 5,780
Update successful! I really wanted to try out that music preset and while it's really cool and fit some music/mood scnearios I think I still prefer the default one.
Thank you @Audeze for the continuous support of this wonderful headphones!

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #2,730 of 5,780
Is there no chance to revive the headset after a failed firmware update? I am a Computer Science major so I am able to use command line based tools or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back