Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #2,671 of 5,780
I had to do a firmware update when using usb to PS4 pro because it wouldn’t let me adjust the volume at all, it was just stuck at a medium level. Did the firmware and now I can adjust the volume to the point my ears would bleed. So just wanted to make sure u did this.
Awesome! How can i do the firmware update? In fact i'm not able to adjust volume on mobius while connected via USB on Ps4.. Does someone knows how is El8 Closed or Titanium compared to mobius? And for gaming el8 is fine?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #2,672 of 5,780
Where can I find an update/change list for versions of firmware? I tried reaching out to Audeze on here for the firmware a while ago and haven't had a reply - I really want to see if my annoyances have been fixed with the firmware

Awesome! How can i do the firmware update? In fact i'm not able to adjust volume on mobius while connected via USB on Ps4..

Please contact support and they will be able to help with it.

We have integrated the firmware update into Audeze HQ, we are currently testing it and hope to release it soon.

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #2,675 of 5,780
Awesome! How can i do the firmware update? In fact i'm not able to adjust volume on mobius while connected via USB on Ps4.. Does someone knows how is El8 Closed or Titanium compared to mobius? And for gaming el8 is fine?

The EL-8 Titanium sounds more high-end due to stronger top-end emphasis and slightly better sound characteristics but I prefer the tuning of Mobius as it’s less fatiguing and more versatile. For gaming they’ll be on par with each other if you don’t want the head-tracking.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #2,676 of 5,780
@Audeze - just saw your BT Cipher module for the iSines and am wrapped - will be getting myself a set for the 20's.

One question though - with the Mobius you went with LDAC and hinted that "there were reasons...... - to become clear later"

Hell - I even accelerated a phone purchase to one that would be able to use LDAC, before the Team Copper was even finalised.

I'm a bit dissapointed and unsure as to why you wouldn't use the codec you'd been using as a selling point in the Mobius on the new product.

The iSines are a higher end product than the Mobius is, LDAC is a higher end codec than aptX HD is.

Why is it this way?

You had plans for LDAC - what happened?
The Mobius has a bigger power supply and has room for a bigger PCB. To do the same with iSine cable would mean having two chipsets and shorter battery life. Your phone should support AptX-HD as well.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 9, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #2,677 of 5,780
Has anyone found that the memory foam on their hand band doesn't return to it's original form? Mine has a permanent indent and it looks terrible now after many hours of use.
NsBbSlSs.jpg

Vo1n3Ygs.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #2,678 of 5,780
Has anyone found that the memory foam on their hand band doesn't return to it's original form? Mine has a permanent indent and it looks terrible now after many hours of use.
NsBbSlSs.jpg

https://imgur.com/Vo1n3Ygs
Yep, same here
The following day are nearly ok but they have never gone back to the original form anymore.

They are still really confortable though

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #2,684 of 5,780
I have had mine since September 1st and haven’t had any kind of lasting indent. I do put mine on a desk hook but they don’t rest on the pad at all.

I have taken to zip tying the (10 foot) cord over the top of the headband since (the PC is on my right hand side) I only use them wired at my pc and got tired of the cord coming unplugged and glitching out my game audio.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #2,685 of 5,780
Quick question for Audeze would an EQ profile offering a larger soundstage in stereo mode be possible? Obviously they are a closed set so there is only so much you can do but a bit more head space when listening to concerts and other live performances would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back