Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 1, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #2,371 of 5,780
I have an Android handset that runs Oreo but doesn't support LDAC as previously discussed. I can however connect Mobius via USB-C so am wondering what quality I'm getting this way. Is Android USB-C as good, or better than LDAC?

Should be better. Theres still compression and transmission with ldac.

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #2,372 of 5,780
I have an Android handset that runs Oreo but doesn't support LDAC as previously discussed. I can however connect Mobius via USB-C so am wondering what quality I'm getting this way. Is Android USB-C as good, or better than LDAC?
Yes, USB from the phone would give you better quality than the LDAC connection.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #2,373 of 5,780
Has anyone been able to incorporate mobius head tracking to either Flgiht simulator x on steam or xplane 11 so that the view changes on screen as I move my head? Would that even be possible?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #2,375 of 5,780
Mine stopped working yesterday. :frowning2:

The headphone is detected by USB but the Audeze HQ application cannot see it.
There is no sound output at all when trying to power up or down.

When trying to power up it is red with flashing purple after some time, it is flashing blue.

Is it possible to recover from that state ?

Dec 2, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #2,376 of 5,780
Has anyone from the UK/EU had to return their Mobius because it developed a fault?
If so:
Was there a cost involved to return it?
Where did you send it to?
What was the turnaround time?

Even with the latest v3 firmware I get the following issue:

1)With Tracking OFF enabled. After a power cycle the there is still head tracking. The Mobius does not retain the image in the center for the headset. I have to cycle through 3D modes and enable Tracking OFF to fix.
1-a) Pressing 3D center temporarily whilst Tracking OFF is enabled fixes the problem but still drifts as sound can be heard through one ear cup.

Unless I manually cycle and set tracking OFF again I will get drift hence why I think the profile is not saving after a power cycle or there is a bug. Does anyone using the v3 firmware get this behaviour?
Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #2,377 of 5,780
Mine stopped working yesterday. :frowning2:

The headphone is detected by USB but the Audeze HQ application cannot see it.
There is no sound output at all when trying to power up or down.

When trying to power up it is red with flashing purple after some time, it is flashing blue.

Is it possible to recover from that state ?

RMA. Mine did the exact same thing. After trying a few things from support had to get it replaced. No issue with the replacement. The rep said they are still trying to determine why it’s happeneing.

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #2,378 of 5,780
According to Sony Sony's LDAC is "almost" high resolution quality.
USB connection, no matter which type, is really (!) high resolution quality.

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #2,379 of 5,780
Has anyone from the UK/EU had to return their Mobius because it developed a fault?
If so:

1)With Tracking OFF enabled. After a power cycle the there is still head tracking. The Mobius does not retain the image in the center for the headset. I have to cycle through 3D modes and enable Tracking OFF to fix.
1-a) Pressing 3D center temporarily whilst Tracking OFF is enabled fixes the problem but still drifts as sound can be heard through one ear cup.

Unless I manually cycle and set tracking OFF again I will get drift hence why I think the profile is not saving after a power cycle or there is a bug. Does anyone using the v3 firmware get this behaviour?
Thanks
RMA. Mine did the exact same thing. After trying a few things from support had to get it replaced. No issue with the replacement. The rep said they are still trying to determine why it’s happeneing.

According to AUDEZE it might help to redo the V3 firmware update several times until those issues are gone.
I slavishly followed the firmware update instructions literally step by step, even installed the latest driver, and don't have any of the mentioned issues here.
I had to do a power cycle and a reset on the AUDEZE HQ app (I don't know which of these finally did it) to make V3 firmware work.
If nothing helps it's possible to install a previous version, I was told.
The update process is not straight forward, this is the reason why this beta firmware is not public.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #2,380 of 5,780

Thanks for your feedback. Bad news, I hope that RMA is free in Europe.
I will wait for feedback from Audeze on monday.

Dec 3, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #2,382 of 5,780
If so:

Thanks

My first unit was broken upon delivery so I've already gone through an RMA. I can confirm that there are no costs involved (at least from Sweden) and the turnaround time was around 2-3 weeks. However, in my case they sent out the new one as soon as FedEx received the broken one which made the delivery faster. If they decide to repair your unit instead of replacing it you might have to wait longer.

Dec 3, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #2,383 of 5,780
My first unit was broken upon delivery so I've already gone through an RMA. I can confirm that there are no costs involved (at least from Sweden) and the turnaround time was around 2-3 weeks. However, in my case they sent out the new one as soon as FedEx received the broken one which made the delivery faster. If they decide to repair your unit instead of replacing it you might have to wait longer.

Dec 3, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #2,384 of 5,780
IE audeze paid for your leg of RMA broken one to them too?

The courier comes to pick up. Or u need to drop to the courier drop off point?

Packaging material sent to you for RMA too?

Dec 3, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #2,385 of 5,780
Could the courier just come around ONCE to collect the dead body. Without you bothered with the packaging part? And need to collect the package ie visiting twice just to collect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back