Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 22, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #2,341 of 5,780
I love these headphones. Warm with increased volume is perfect for me. Vocals don’t jump as much but they have a more smooth feel, which I like. Treble, at least to me, still sounds fantastic.

I will say though that using these in a vehicle is super annoying. I was on an 8hr road trip to visit a college and every time we turned or veered sound would get thrown off. I still prefer 3D for music, gaming, everything. However, when in a vehicle I practically have to turn 3D off because 3D auto is not sensitive enough to adjust unless you turn large degree amounts. Getting the “3D on” setting for these will be a fantastic Christmas present lol. Other than vehicles these are perfect for me.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #2,342 of 5,780
I love these headphones. Warm with increased volume is perfect for me. Vocals don’t jump as much but they have a more smooth feel, which I like. Treble, at least to me, still sounds fantastic.

I will say though that using these in a vehicle is super annoying. I was on an 8hr road trip to visit a college and every time we turned or veered sound would get thrown off. I still prefer 3D for music, gaming, everything. However, when in a vehicle I practically have to turn 3D off because 3D auto is not sensitive enough to adjust unless you turn large degree amounts. Getting the “3D on” setting for these will be a fantastic Christmas present lol. Other than vehicles these are perfect for me.

The beta firmware you have should have an option for 3D without head-tracking.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #2,343 of 5,780
Oh sorry if I wasn’t clear. Like I said I ordered later than pretty much everyone else here. My pair came with warm EQ stock, and volume and EQ menorization built in. I’m guessing they just aren’t ready to put the “3D on” setting in stock yet. So yea I didn’t do a firmware update I just had that stuff stock

Nov 24, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #2,346 of 5,780
I’m not a gamer so I am wondering if I’m better off with these or the sine for portable planars?

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #2,347 of 5,780
I’m not a gamer so I am wondering if I’m better off with these or the sine for portable planars?
I can't comment on the Sine, but I can say that the Mobius is much more than a gaming headset. It's more of a Jack of all trades kinda headphone, and honestly, having a Bluetooth planar can has been a really nice experience. The convenience of a wireless connection has been great, and the overall quality in sound is better than any I've heard from other Bluetooth connections. I don't have any of the new firmware updates yet, but even without them, the Mobius has been one of the best choices I've made, and has become my daily driver for everything, from gaming to movies and music, especially. There's just something addicting about the 3D option with music that I can't put down. And even high-res (no 3D) has been good to me. So I guess the real question is will you get much use from all the options/presets that the Mobius has to offer? Either way, your ears/Audeze win, and your wallet loses. Lol

Nov 26, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #2,351 of 5,780
I just bought a PS4 Pro the other day to replace my launch PS4 and I've been playing Read Dead Redemption 2 for the past few days (amazing game).

Whats the recommended best way to use the Mobius with the PS4? I haven't used my PS4 much in the last couple of years.

Plug it in either via 3.5mm to the controller or via usb to the console. You can hold the 3d button to choose between a virtual speaker setup where it simulates two speakers in front of you, or turn the 3d off and just listen to it normally through a good pair of planar headphones

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #2,354 of 5,780
Plug it in either via 3.5mm to the controller or via usb to the console. You can hold the 3d button to choose between a virtual speaker setup where it simulates two speakers in front of you, or turn the 3d off and just listen to it normally through a good pair of planar headphones

I will give this some listening time today. I'm guessing they cannot connect to the PS4 via Bluetooth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back