Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 16, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #1,771 of 5,780
Another question. In windows should "disable all enhancements" be ticked or does it not matter one way other the other? Also for Audeze, would is be possible to implement a Samsung style personal EQ system? The playing of test tones to customise the listening experience to what the listener can hear.

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #1,772 of 5,780
@Zenvota

Thanks for your advice on swapping out the pads. I picked up a pair of Brainwavz sheepskin angled pads, and they're much more comfortable.

However, I may need to try to make a baffle because as you mentioned due to the change in sound. When adding the baffle, how close did the sound come to the original pads?

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #1,773 of 5,780
@Zenvota

Thanks for your advice on swapping out the pads. I picked up a pair of Brainwavz sheepskin angled pads, and they're much more comfortable.

However, I may need to try to make a baffle because as you mentioned due to the change in sound. When adding the baffle, how close did the sound come to the original pads?

For me... again.. for me... the sound of the angled pleather pads with the baffle is much better than the stock pads. The soundstage is bigger, imaging is better, treble performance is much smoother without thinning or volume loss. I can crank ambiance to 80 and enjoy the sound of really big speakers in an untreated room. And just to reiterate I trim off more treble with 3d on(starting from the music preset), but the material I listen to(death and black metal) probably has more to do with that.
Screenshot_20181009-134231_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #1,775 of 5,780
How do you upgrade the firmware? I see there's beta firmware out there but don't see options in the app or on the site. The mic doesn't work. If I can't get that fixed in the next week, I'm going to return / refund.

Doesn't work AT ALL?

Are you sure you plugged it in the correct hole?

There's a mic port and an aux port. Obviously it needs to be connected to the mic port....

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #1,776 of 5,780
Doesn't work AT ALL?

Are you sure you plugged it in the correct hole?

There's a mic port and an aux port. Obviously it needs to be connected to the mic port....

It is receiving sound. It doesn't work to the extent that my 3 other mic's work for the sake of Discord / in game chat. Too quiet. I also have a Arctis 7 over wifi, Modmic via SB Puck, and Logitech headset via USB.

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #1,778 of 5,780
Hopefully I didn't miss it but it there a way to change the sampling rate other than switching audio modes?
Everything seems locked depending on the audio mode.

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #1,779 of 5,780
Hopefully I didn't miss it but it there a way to change the sampling rate other than switching audio modes?
Everything seems locked depending on the audio mode.
I assume you know how to switch into the different modes, 7.1, 2Ch and HiRes.
As most DACs Mobius works as a clock slave to the host, so the host defines the sample rate within the limits mentioned here:
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...-1-channel-to-2-channel-or-Hi-Res-Mode-in-USB

The sample rate usually follows the file that is played back, unlike the host's software can be forced into something else.
This makes perfect sense, otherwise sample rate conversion had to chime in, which always changes the quality of the original file.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #1,780 of 5,780
I assume you know how to switch into the different modes, 7.1, 2Ch and HiRes.
As most DACs Mobius works as a clock slave to the host, so the host defines the sample rate within the limits mentioned here:
https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...-1-channel-to-2-channel-or-Hi-Res-Mode-in-USB
Yes, I see the changes as I switch between the modes. The thing I am looking for is the change from 48khz to 44.1khz and 16bit to 24bit etc.
It seems you are not allowed to choose specifics.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #1,782 of 5,780
Anyone tried it with chord mojo and stereo sound but with 3d on and watched movies? Is it totally worthless to use 3d when using aux cable and using an external amp/dac connected to the tv with optical?

I have no idea what you just said... but that's special.

Short n sweet, you'll get virtual stereo with headtracking.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #1,783 of 5,780
I have no idea what you just said... but that's special.

Short n sweet, you'll get virtual stereo with headtracking.

Lol :p what i meant is,can you get surround/3d sound when using aux cable connected to an amp/dac? And can they provide 3d surround in bluetooth mode? I can get an used pair for an fair price.I have the lcd2c and sony wh1000 xm3 (the sonys is good,but they where not that great using them on my tv watching movies with bluetooth). Maybe the mobius are good at bluetooth and movies? The audeze lcd2c are great.But the cable is an litle short so have to put my chair closer to the tv :)

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #1,784 of 5,780
Lol :p what i meant is,can you get surround/3d sound when using aux cable connected to an amp/dac? And can they provide 3d surround in bluetooth mode? I can get an used pair for an fair price.I have the lcd2c and sony wh1000 xm3 (the sonys is good,but they where not that great using them on my tv watching movies with bluetooth). Maybe the mobius are good at bluetooth and movies? The audeze lcd2c are great.But the cable is an litle short so have to put my chair closer to the tv :)
No, 7.1 3d is only over usb(so join the pc master race already), but 2.0 3d(virtual stereo loudspeakers) is possible over aux and bluetooth and real stereo can be quite surroundy when speakers are placed properly, which virtual speakers almost always are ;] using the mobius over bluetooth connected to your tv, sound will seem to originate closer to the tv as opposed to behind your eyes.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #1,785 of 5,780
The Mobius can virtualize two speakers Infront of you set at about a 60° cone when playing through the aux, and the same when listening to any two channel content via either USB or Bluetooth.

The Mobius, however, does not like amplified input signals, which will both reduce the final audio quality due to double amping, and potential damage the Mobius components too, if played too loud.

Via SBC (older devices) and AAC (Apple devices) bluetooth, they can provide either standard headphone stereo, or virtualized stereo speakers.
With LDAC (newer Android) bluetooth, it will allow the option to use an audio sample rate of 96k, which can be used in only in Hi-Res stereo mode. While still using LDAC, and choosing the standard sample rate of 48k, Hi-Res will no longer be available, but 3D will be available again, and with 5.1/7.1 surround sound compatibility too.

USB connection is hands down the best, there is no restriction in content by sampling rate, but it must either be connecting the Mobius to a compatible Android phone, or a PC.

The Mobius are excellent for movies, and any games too for that matter. I am blow away by how good they are, and so is just about anyone who I put them on.

I'm not familiar with the LCD series, but I think I saw one with a removable cable from each cup, if that is the same as yours, you may find purchasing a longer cable will fix the issue you're having, rather than a new set of headphones.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back