Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 4, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #1,427 of 5,780
Get one with a working DVD drive and you got a nice surround sound music player for Mobius - if you own DVDs.
I've got a few. I'm gonna have to browse around when I've got some extra cash

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #1,428 of 5,780
We have mentioned this before, the underlying driver/SDK required for firmware updates is not supported for Mac. We are working on and testing the app for Mac, the app will have all functionalities except for the ability to upgrade firmware.

For firmware upgrades PC is the only option, but if that is not an option you, please contact support and ship it to us for a upgrade. I advice waiting a bit more if you are going that route as we are in the process of adding a few more much requested features (including, but not limited to turning off head tracking but keeping the emulation on in 3D mode).
Don't forget to correct the L/R inbalance in the gaming EQ presets.
A general balance control would be nice too, this could fix a lot of things starting with out of balance recordings up to driver inbalance and even personal hearing deficiencies.
A lot of systems don't have this any more or it's too coarse like in the iPhone.

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #1,429 of 5,780
A general balance control would be nice too, this could fix a lot of things starting with out of balance recordings up to driver inbalance and even personal hearing deficiencies.
A lot of systems don't have this any more or it's too coarse like in the iPhone.

As someone with a hearing deficiency, I would love the ability to set the balance directly on the headphone.

If this is possible I voting for this feature!

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #1,430 of 5,780

Thanks for the suggestion. We will look at feasibility.

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #1,431 of 5,780
The new firmware fixed my mic issues for those who were curious about it.

Oct 4, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #1,432 of 5,780
Woah, they’re adding a Warm preset along with mic improvements and the ability to use 3D without head-tracking? It’s incredible how closely and quickly user feedback is implemented. :gs1000smile:

I'm 99% sure that warm will be your favorite preset.

It's so. Warm

This is how I imagined the Mobius would sound like before I actually heard the default setting. I don't think it's something I would use for my laidback vocals song but for the "fun" song man it makes a difference.

That bass hits hard but incredibly precise.

Oct 4, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #1,433 of 5,780
@Audeze and @KMann

Please consider making any changes you implement in firmware/software toggleable/optional or better yet, customizable. For example, when I turn the Mobius on I prefer having the settings always come up in a default configuration (as it is now with 7.1/3D on and the default EQ) as opposed to my trying to remember the last settings I used. This way I know where I am in the settings rather than trying to remember how I last used the Mobius (e.g. movies/PC games, console games, or music) because I use different settings for different use scenarios. I know exactly how to use the controls to get where I want from this firm starting point.

Oct 4, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #1,434 of 5,780
IMG_20181005_085105.jpg
Dude... pictures...

here you go.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #1,436 of 5,780
the lcd leather pads works pretty well if you take away all the plastic bits from the pads, then take out the plastic rim of the mobius, put the lcd pads with plastic rim, use the rim to secure the pads in palace.

here you go.

didn't touch the original earpads, i believe it's fixed with double sided tape.

So you pulled the stock Mobius pads off the mounting rings, which are fixed with double sided tape, then wrapped the lcd pads(which ones exactly?) around the mounting rings and then snapped the rings back on the Mobius?

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #1,437 of 5,780
@Audeze and @KMann

Please consider making any changes you implement in firmware/software toggleable/optional or better yet, customizable. For example, when I turn the Mobius on I prefer having the settings always come up in a default configuration (as it is now with 7.1/3D on and the default EQ) as opposed to my trying to remember the last settings I used. This way I know where I am in the settings rather than trying to remember how I last used the Mobius (e.g. movies/PC games, console games, or music) because I use different settings for different use scenarios. I know exactly how to use the controls to get where I want from this firm starting point.
The new firmware already remembers the EQ settings. Somethings like 2Ch/7.1/Hi-Res are a bit more complicated, we will evaluate it and see how to make it easier for users.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 4, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #1,438 of 5,780
So you pulled the stock Mobius pads off the mounting rings, which are fixed with double sided tape, then wrapped the lcd pads(which ones exactly?) around the mounting rings and then snapped the rings back on the Mobius?
didn't touch anything on the mobius, ie, you could easily revert to the original.

just snap the mounting ring of the mobius with the lcd pads on.

take out the original plastic mounting ring of the lcd pads though.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #1,439 of 5,780
didn't touch anything on the mobius, ie, you could easily revert to the original.

just snap the mounting ring of the mobius with the lcd pads on.

take out the original plastic mounting ring of the lcd pads though.

Awesome, could you get a well lit picture with the cups swung out so we can see the ear holes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back