Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 4, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #1,412 of 5,780
I have Nier: Automata on my PS4 and I'm eager to try that soon. Been putting a lot of time into Spider-Man lately, though, and using the Ballistics preset with the game's audio set to Maximum, it's quite wonderful!
I'm glad someone else is getting the same enjoyment that I am on a console! I love the RPG preset the most myself, though. If you don't need the mic option and volume is too low, someone else mentioned that using an amp helped with the volume.

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,413 of 5,780
Used Win 10 laptops on Ebay for under $50. Cheaper in the long run than shipping to Audeze for updates.
Are there really? Man.. I might need to check out eBay just so I can have a cheap, throwaway firmware update machine. Lol

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #1,414 of 5,780
Sent my Mobius in for the pre-revision RMA, and already missing it. The good news is I’ll have my new unit in a week or two :)
Was there a general announcement about RMA'ing the pre-revision 'phones from @Audeze that I missed? (I admit to completely abandoning that other horrendous thread so if it was posted there I missed it). Or were you simply proactive and initiated it with them directly yourself? I was #35 and have a pair of the pre-revision 'phones and have been waiting for an official response or email from Audeze on here outlining the process for swapping my cans for the newer revision.

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #1,415 of 5,780
Was there a general announcement about RMA'ing the pre-revision 'phones from @Audeze that I missed? (I admit to completely abandoning that other horrendous thread so if it was posted there I missed it). Or were you simply proactive and initiated it with them directly yourself? I was #35 and have a pair of the pre-revision 'phones and have been waiting for an official response or email from Audeze on here outlining the process for swapping my cans for the newer revision.

I don't believe they have yet. I'm in the pre-revision boat too and I'm just patiently waiting for them to contact me. :)

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #1,416 of 5,780
Listen to Eminem's Killshot with the warm preset, the bass in track comes to life compared to my HD700. :ksc75smile:
Great News about the mic fix working! I tried it with voip within games and in Discord and everyone could hear me crystal clear.

My god.

I tried it with ldac and it gave me a headache

Edit : cause of the kick and rumbling, I usually lean to more neutral headphones so my brain is not used to this.... Impact

Listening to Mutemath Reset is blowing my sucks off. It's not a bassy song but there's a good amount of drums and it is just so satisfying to listen to.

Edit :

I beg you Audeze give us custom EQ!!. Mobius does so damn well with DSP black magic, after several gaming sessions and music , warm is my favorite preset by far . Let us customize more.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,418 of 5,780
I have Nier: Automata on my PS4 and I'm eager to try that soon. Been putting a lot of time into Spider-Man lately, though, and using the Ballistics preset with the game's audio set to Maximum, it's quite wonderful!

Do you use with USB or 3.5mm?

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #1,419 of 5,780

They had reached out to me. They did mention giving early users the option to swap for a reworked unit in their update about the hiss, and I believe they had planned on contacting users about it directly. So just wait a bit would be my advice.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #1,420 of 5,780
We have mentioned this before, the underlying driver/SDK required for firmware updates is not supported for Mac. We are working on and testing the app for Mac, the app will have all functionalities except for the ability to upgrade firmware.

For firmware upgrades PC is the only option, but if that is not an option you, please contact support and ship it to us for a upgrade. I advice waiting a bit more if you are going that route as we are in the process of adding a few more much requested features (including, but not limited to turning off head tracking but keeping the emulation on in 3D mode).

I’m not sure on the technical limitation preventing the headphones from being updated in the Mac app, but it would be great if as many users as possible could update the firmware especially with all of the great planned changes :).

If need-be, I could install Windows on my Mac though.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #1,422 of 5,780
I can confirm the mic is much better with the f/w fix under Windows 10 and with the Windows 10 October update.

Mic Before
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10sn2brZlc9-jZDN-wCc7YxdB-LC8JhMB

Mic After F/W Fix
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LuPKD_bTUYvbF4IZeL5z1doY37Lajq2z

There are no drop outs with the mic, it picks up voice at an acceptable volume now without cutting off.

I do think that it can benefit from having a small windsock to reduce plosive and breath sounds, but either position the mic away so that it's reduced or buy a cheap windsock. I have some arriving from Ebay (China) that should be a reasonable fit and cost less than a couple of quid delivered.

Additionally the new Warm preset is amazing. I've been playing Crysis 3 with it and the bass is definitely present. The Audeze software doesn't show the Warm preset yet but select it from the scroll wheel until the software gets updated too.

Woah, they’re adding a Warm preset along with mic improvements and the ability to use 3D without head-tracking? It’s incredible how closely and quickly user feedback is implemented. :gs1000smile:

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #1,423 of 5,780
I don't believe they have yet. I'm in the pre-revision boat too and I'm just patiently waiting for them to contact me. :)

Well, that didn't take long. Just received the email from Audeze with the RMA info. Thanks @Audeze :wink:

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,424 of 5,780
We have mentioned this before, the underlying driver/SDK required for firmware updates is not supported for Mac. We are working on and testing the app for Mac, the app will have all functionalities except for the ability to upgrade firmware.

For firmware upgrades PC is the only option, but if that is not an option you, please contact support and ship it to us for a upgrade. I advice waiting a bit more if you are going that route as we are in the process of adding a few more much requested features (including, but not limited to turning off head tracking but keeping the emulation on in 3D mode).

Are there any plans to add a button press combo for turning off Side Tone. It's only needed once when setting up the mic, after that it gets intrusive hearing your own voice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back