Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 19, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #812 of 5,780
Hi guys, my mic is not working. how do i fix this or get it to work? I've plugged it into the headset everything else works but the mic does not.

I tried voice recorder on windows 10 and it will not pick up my voice, is there something I'm missing or an option in windows 10 I'm missing?

Thanks for any help

Edit: I had Mic mute button on instead of off. Silly me, all fixed

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #813 of 5,780
Have issues with itunes on my android phone? it connects without problem to my oneplus 3T and I can use youtube but itunes refuses to play any songs.Does it use aac also on android and the phones get confused by the switch? No problem with the bose qc 3.5

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #814 of 5,780
Hi guys, my mic is not working. how do i fix this or get it to work? I've plugged it into the headset everything else works but the mic does not.

I tried voice recorder on windows 10 and it will not pick up my voice, is there something I'm missing or an option in windows 10 I'm missing?

Thanks for any help
Just to eliminate the possibility, have you plugged it to the mic port (it is keyed and flat on one side) and not Aux in?

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #815 of 5,780
Ok so I've had my Mobius since last Thursday, so roughly 5/6 days.

This is my first actual planar headphones and I have to say that the sound is absolutely amazing. I set the ambience at about 70 when I'm listening to music, about 60 for movies and 42 for when I'm playing games. I primarily use the USB connection since my pc doesn't have bluetooth and I haven't gotten my y cable splitter yet for the headphone/mic jack. 7.1 mode is what I have mine on since I love the headtracking and it's what primarily made me want to back this project thought I was a bit skeptical. (Especially after a certain kickstarter fiasco, which im sure a decent number of us came from).

I can actually hear the difference in the EQ presets. The music definitely has more bass to it in comparison to the default preset. I never use flat because honestly it just sounds kinda of dead to me, which makes sense haha. The ballistics is absolutely ridiculous: grenades, gun fire and the like felt very real. I have tested it out in COD Blackout for the open Beta, as well as PUBG, Fornite and Destiny 2. In comparison with my Corsair Void, it has a huge difference in how it sounds. I haven't had much time to test out the footsteps because I honestly think that the ballistics setting is much more useful when playing the games I have stated above. as for RPG I use it when playing MH on pc and my god I never knew how much sound I was missing. Granted it isn't fun when a monster roars and it kills your ears and elevates your frustration because it ruined your combo but it is without a doubt great.

Some things I noticed with the Audeze desktop app, i know it's in beta still (or at least I think it is), but I feel like I do not have much to do in it and i feel as if the battery portion for it is random. Just a few minutes ago before writing this it said 24% then all of a sudden it's back at 90%. There are even some instances where it doesn't move at all. For example yesterday it was stuck at 94% and I had turned off the charging. When I game I game for about 2-4 hours a day so I highly doubt the battery didn't move a single percent.

The next downside, which I believe is the biggest problem with is the microphone. I use discord and my friends say that I sounds very low and muddy. I have the settings set to what Audeze had specified such as sensitivity to -87 and noise suppression/ echo cancellation off but they all have me at 200% and can still not hear me clearly I even have my mic to 100% on the Mobius itself. I checked out my system settings and the mic is at 100% and the bar barely moves to 1 green bar in sound. I have recorded my voice with the default voice recorder in windows and it does sound low. I tested it on my phone as well as a suggestion from someone in this thread via bluetooth and it sounded perfect, significantly louder than when im connected via usb on my pc. I'm going to checkout APO EQ and Peace tomorrow to see if that changes anything. So i do believe it does have to do something specifically with windows.

For those who are going to ask, no I do not have a hiss problem. There's very very low noise when nothing is playing but it isn't noticeable unless you're really listening for it so if it was a concern for you then don't worry.

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #819 of 5,780
The software is already available for windows on our website. Once the settings are made, the headsize, room size etc is stored in the headphone and will be used for playback on any system (PS4, Mobile phone etc).
https://www.audeze.com/audeze-hq-application

Are there any guidelines to best calibrate the "Inter-Aural Arc" setting in the app?

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #820 of 5,780
I just got mine about a half hour ago and I am very impressed so far. I fired up some Netflix in 5.1 and it sounds amazing. The head tracking is really neat, time will tell if I continue to use it, but so far it is very well done. Music sounds really good and the bass impact is nice (this is my first planar - definitely makes me want an LCD-2C).

On top of all that, it is a freakin bluetooth headphone with mic, this is going to be my work headphone for sure. I can be tether-less and answer my work phone and play music at the same time with a click of a button while I am making some coffee.. Holy **** I am excited.

Are you getting Netflix 5.1 from inside the browser?

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #821 of 5,780
I don't know how some of you guys can listen with the room ambience so high in the app. Anything over 30 and it starts sounding like your stuck in a tin can to me. To each their own is course! I have mine set at 24.9 right now, I guess I just like a subtle amount of it.

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #822 of 5,780
Are there any guidelines to best calibrate the "Inter-Aural Arc" setting in the app?
You can measure the ear to ear distance (see the yellow line in the picture besides the Inter-Aural arc). Measure it with a tape and enter it into the dialog box.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 19, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #823 of 5,780
@Audeze I paired my headset to an Android tablet and used an app called audio recorder to record my voice. There was distinguisable amount of background noise but the voice volume came out loud and clear. Could this be a Windows 10 issue or even a driver issue? But then how come my speedlink mic was fine hmmm

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #825 of 5,780
Disregard previous edit. The issue seems to stem from the sensitivity/volume. I tested it again the ModMic plugged into the Mobius themselves and BOTH had to volume instability and cutting out issue. Big, BIG difference though, is the ModMic is noticeably louder and clearer at the same distances from my mouth. Please give us a firmware update that boosts the mic in some way or we're forced to kiss our mic to be heard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back